Looking For Feedback On NFFC Cutline Rules

76erfan

Re: Looking For Feedback On NFFC Cutline Rules

Post by 76erfan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:53 pm

i agree jersey..i dont get the benefit to doing it friday. I really dont. way too messy that way.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:21 pm

Jersey Dawg wrote:Waivers have to be on Wednesday. Way too screwy the way it was last year with not being able to waive anyone in a Thursday game on waivers Friday, even if they were parked on your bench Thursday night.
This was done after a request from players not to make Wednesdays even harder. We can switch it to Wednesdays for those 3 FAAB periods, but with more owners taking more teams I'm not sure if that's what the masses want. Or do they? Let's hear from ya.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:37 pm

The problem with waivers on Friday is that we wereare not allowed to waive anyone on a team that plays on Thursday, even if the player we want to waive on Friday was on our bench Thursday night or out for the season. It was often a joke.

If you drafted a cutline team early and someone you drafted got seriously injured or lost his job but his team played the first waiver week Thursday you were forced to keep him on your roster until the 2nd waiver period, several weeks down the road. Tell me how that makes sense to anyone..... For example, this year waivers were before week 2, Jets played Patriots Thursday. If you drafted Vereen (injured until week 10) or Holmes (injured- out long term) or Sanchez (lost job to Smith week 1) you were stuck with them on your roster until the next waiver period, week 6. Then week 6, Giants played Bears on Thursday, you could not cut David Wilson..... WTF???? What kind of waivers are we running here....

If waivers are going to stick to Friday, then we should be able to waive anyone from the Thursday game we had on our bench that Thursday night.

Pete

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:58 pm

Jersey Dawg wrote:
If waivers are going to stick to Friday, then we should be able to waive anyone from the Thursday game we had on our bench that Thursday night.

Pete
Agree 100% Pete. Problem is can they do this just for the Cutline, while not doing it for all the other leagues?

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:20 am

U don't have this prob lem with faab wednesday. Seems like a simple solution

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:27 am

76erfan wrote:U don't have this prob lem with faab wednesday. Seems like a simple solution
Not when you have a lot of teams.

If people plan to take 10+ teams in this contest (and have other teams as well in other contests/formats), it is a very big deal to move it from Friday to Wednesday.

If they can make a programming change for this contest, you have the best of both worlds. Otherwise, I think they are looking at convenience or losing entries.

Hopefully STATS can "have their cake and eat it too!" :D
Last edited by BillyWaz on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coyote Streakers

Post by Coyote Streakers » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:58 am

Prefer Friday waivers for cutline contest and would really like to be able to drop Thursday players who weren't in starting lineups. I think that should be standard for all events personally.

THEICON

Post by THEICON » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:11 am

I would personally prefer all waivers to be done on wensday.