Ray Rice

KenGill

Re: Ray Rice

Post by KenGill » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:10 pm

Good riddance!!!!
He got EXACTLY what he deserved --- a punishment equal to what they gave Josh Gordon.

For those who drafted him.... please don't whine about it!!!!
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

ulbkumn

Post by ulbkumn » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:49 pm

It has nothing to do with drafting him. It has to do with all the other NFL players still playing that have previous domestic violence charges on them. You have created a double standard. All current NFL players should now get the same punishment. The Hall of Fame should look at people who are in that have ever been charged with domestic violence and be taken out of the HOF. Also every Employer should check the records of every employee and to make sure nobody has a domestic Violence charge and fire them if they do. Just because there is no video of other people committing domestic violence does mean it did not happen.

ulbkumn

Post by ulbkumn » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:50 pm

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:08 pm

JETS SB wrote:
ulbkumn wrote:Ray Rice should make a lot of money after he sues the NFL.Roger Goodell has announced that based on new video that became available today he has indefinitely suspended Ray Rice
Here is the problem. He told the NFL and the Ravens a completely different story than what was on that video. If he was upfront and said what actually happened, maybe the NFL gives him 6 games from the beginning and is done with it. When you lie about and try to cover it up, is when you are in trouble. I don't blame the Ravens at all and wouldn't blame the NFL if he is gone for the year, if not longer.

Pretty good life lesson too.... tell the truth, take your lumps, and move on..... or :oops:
Just curious, what did he tell the NFL that was different than what the video revealed? Only asking because I've never read his account of what happened and am somewhat confused by what people thought happened before the video came out. Everything I've read today said that Ray Rice was honest beforehand about what was in the video, just that the Ravens hadn't seen it until today. So I'm not sure that's the lesson?

People have every right to be outraged, I'm just confused about how the video could be surprising to anyone given what we already knew.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:30 pm

chriseibl wrote:
JETS SB wrote:
ulbkumn wrote:Ray Rice should make a lot of money after he sues the NFL.Roger Goodell has announced that based on new video that became available today he has indefinitely suspended Ray Rice
Here is the problem. He told the NFL and the Ravens a completely different story than what was on that video. If he was upfront and said what actually happened, maybe the NFL gives him 6 games from the beginning and is done with it. When you lie about and try to cover it up, is when you are in trouble. I don't blame the Ravens at all and wouldn't blame the NFL if he is gone for the year, if not longer.

Pretty good life lesson too.... tell the truth, take your lumps, and move on..... or :oops:
Just curious, what did he tell the NFL that was different than what the video revealed? Only asking because I've never read his account of what happened and am somewhat confused by what people thought happened before the video came out. Everything I've read today said that Ray Rice was honest beforehand about what was in the video, just that the Ravens hadn't seen it until today. So I'm not sure that's the lesson?

People have every right to be outraged, I'm just confused about how the video could be surprising to anyone given what we already knew.
It shouldn't be treated any differently, unless he lied about it in some way. As a trial laywer knows, a picture or video is far more powereful. The NFL is going to act all outraged now to cover themselves if this is nothing new to them.

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:44 pm

I hope this doesn't come off as defending Ray Rice, I just think it's pathetic by the Ravens and the NFL to react to the video unless Ray Rice told them something differently than what the video showed. Maybe not as pathetic as what Rice did but definitely pathetic. Again, by everything I've read, Rice was clear to the Ravens about what was in this video long before it was released. I guess they saw this video as a great opportunity for them to try to save face after their initial mistake of being too lenient.

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:00 pm

what rice said originally and what was in the video are not the same story...

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:07 pm

boutrous11 wrote:what rice said originally and what was in the video are not the same story...
i'm reading the following and have not heard anything differently from Rice.

Jason La Canfora ✔ @JasonLaCanfora
Follow
Ravens officials had not seen this Rice video prior to today but he had described actions in detail. Didn't "sugarcoat" it source said...

Jason La Canfora ✔ @JasonLaCanfora
Follow
So while the actual footage today was new to the Ravens visually, the description Rice gave them was in line with what the video displayed

Monkeyville

Post by Monkeyville » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:00 pm

We know he said he made a mistake. We know he has said he didn't want to talk about it because he made a mistake and it wouldn't change things. What exactly did he tell the NFL and the Ravens? I questioned why Josh Gordon recieved a year long suspension and he had two games (knocking out a person regardless if man or woman).
FEAR THE MONKEY!!!

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:55 pm

Everybody knew what Rice did. Now just because of a video he is thrown under the bus. Americans are simple monkeys!! We see we judge we react. This is a highlight of what is wrong with things today. No Privacy!! Rice should be hung to a cross now!! He did a bad thing and now should be forever punished. The media is a powerful and mischievous entity. Jim Kelly who I greatly respect was often rumored for similar things. I don't know if they are true but I have heard it more than a few times. I fear to make a mistake in a obese, judgmental, self righteous, suburbanite lead society.