RULES ISSUES

chriseibl

Re: RULES ISSUES

Post by chriseibl » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:11 am

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:I had 8 players go down between week 13 and 14 Billy. I ended up starting like C. Patterson, L. Dunbar and N. Toon I think while playing to win the Super Auction LOL! I don't think I'd ever vote for adds to be allowed in the overall contests in weeks 14-16 but I'd definitely *consider* it for these private leagues. As you can tell, even with all the injuries I had I'm not banging the table to have adds/drops added in, it was bad luck more than anything but does show a bad rash of injuries can tank your chances to win a lot of money (I had Julio sit out week 15 ugh!).

I will say though, once the final adds/drops run it's like my personal christmas!!! Adds/drops suck so much of the fun out of fantasy football for me, I just hate them! Probably a big reason I'm not banging the table for MORE adds/drops hahahaha
I'm the same way, it's like christmas to me when I can relax and watch my playoff teams go to work. :)

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:28 pm

I don't care that much how they are paid out very much. The percentage payout is what I look at when determining my schedule for the most part. Then consider who has better live drafts when I will be doing a live draft etc. to break the ties.

I feel the competition is so good these days, that I think I have just as good a chance to benefit or get lucky no matter what the scenario is. The advantage may be that there are 2-4 guys in a league that probably don't have a very good chance in the league. And therefore I may have a worse chance of falling in the bottom few spots in a league(although I still do plenty). But I think I have just as good a shot at limping in as last seed and winning as dominating all year and getting beat. If I felt I was better then everyone else, then I would lean to Jared's thinking more. It is interesting how fantasy football and fantasy baseball work the exact opposite of each other in how payouts are done.

nails

Post by nails » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:45 am

I just have 2 issues.

1. pay more to the top 3 teams regular season. they deserve that.. rewarding most of the prize money in a 3 week playoff format without the ability to pick up free agents is a lottery. so your changing the rules for the playoffs vs. how you got to the promised land in the regular season.. I don't see the logic. you take away the skill of the top players and replace that with luck. I want control as much as I can when im in the playoffs. if I lose so be it..

2. we play in these private leagues because of the competition.. I get no high from pissing on my local friends in auction formats.. it get boring quite honestly. I enjoy going against you guys each and every year. so if I dominate the regular season and end up taking home a lot less then the 4th place finisher who wins a playoff, wow.. it's just not equitable.

I have the format for such a great auction championship in vegas guys.. I know it would work. but honestly, unless your one of the hall of famers or guys that spend 10k plus in entry fees every year.. your voice doesn't get heard.. im undecided this year.. why am I going to see 3k vigs go out the window .. it's fine if it wasn't a lottery in the end, but it's very hard to justify, unless your like my brother who shits money. lol.

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:Well I see you deleted all your posts. Not sure what that's all about but I'll toss you my 2 cents anyway.

I've always been a fan of paying more money in the regular season. Hell, imagine blowing everyone out for 13 weeks and winning $1,500 in the Primetime overall contest to watch someone WAY below you get hot and win $150,000! I was pretty much thrown to the wolves when I suggested the regular season winner should win a lot more (think $10,000-25,000), I think Chad was about the only one who supported me. Everyone likes a lottery Mike, they all think they're going to win it apparently! It's ALL driven by the grand prize today, the bigger that is the "better" is how everyone treats it. I don't see it that way, I think you should be looking for the best way to just keep making money, not winning the lottery. At least remember here at the NFFC they focus on paying the POINTS which is the by far the biggest thing to look for in my humble opinion.

As for the Super Auction rules, I got hurt the most by the no adds as my team crumbled to ash but I've had a lot of teams in the playoffs here over the years and I wouldn't call that a normal occurrence. When it does happen it sucks bad!!! I'm still not banging the drum to have it changed but I do thinks it's something that should be discussed. I really liked the idea (from Chad maybe?) that the first place team should get a *little* more money than the second place team, second a little more than third, etc but I'm a huge fan of the regular season meaning MORE (like Billy's idea that you should get TWICE your average to start week 14). I don't understand how people justify the regular season not meaning much and we reset for a 3 week sprint. I mean you don't do that in baseball, why does it happen in football? Always confused me and no one can ever give me a reason when I ask that... besides that BIG CARROT ANYONE CAN WIN part of course...

Good luck this year! You had a helluva team in the Super so I won't complain if you decide to not get back in it! Hehe ;)
Bring it on .

nails

Post by nails » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:51 am

Billy what your saying is fine for the primetime and championship leagues.. I agree in that format you can't add players, but in an auction format, where there is no grand prize, this is the purest form of fantasy football.. the format that requires the MOST SKILL BY FAR!@ those who disagree are just wrong. you can't compare the skill involved in doing a draft vs. an auction. there is so much more luck involved in how players fall to you in a draft then an auction. I like playing in games that I can control as much as possible. guys in the NFFC are in the hall of fame for winning 3 or 4 league championships in the classic or primetime formats. it's hard to win your league.. I agree. I've had little success in those formats for the most part.. but in auction since the wcoff days.. I've won about 7 individual leagues and finished 2nd in god knows how many more... im ok with not getting recognized by the big leagues for success in these formats.. I don't care about that.. but if im putting 2500.00 into a league I want to have a fighting chance to at least get my $ back.

extending out free agency and re-structuring payouts is just equitable. it helps all involved. those who are against it I guess just like to enter lotteries and like relying on luck for the most part.

BillyWaz wrote:
ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:I really liked the idea (from Chad maybe?) that the first place team should get a *little* more money than the second place team, second a little more than third, etc but I'm a huge fan of the regular season meaning MORE (like Billy's idea that you should get TWICE your average to start week 14). I don't understand how people justify the regular season not meaning much and we reset for a 3 week sprint. I mean you don't do that in baseball, why does it happen in football? Always confused me and no one can ever give me a reason when I ask that... besides that BIG CARROT ANYONE CAN WIN part of course...
Bottom line is all these contests want DRAMA for the last few weeks, and the biggest wet dream the NFFC ever had was when Steve Luzzi (I think that is his name) won the whole thing and started in last place before the 3 week sprint. It showed that all you have to do is "get to the dance", and if things fall right.....you too can win the 1 in 64 lotto ball like the Orlando Magic and get Shaquille O Neal. ;) It is nothing against Steve (I don't even know him), but to say he was the best for that year simply wasn't true. He was the worst for 13 weeks (in points for playoff teams), but the best for 3 weeks when it counted. Good for him.....we all strive for that to be the result of our season :) I have had a total of 13 classic teams the last 11 years (one each year until 3 last year), and I am proud to say that 10 of them have made the championship round. My motto is simple.....JUST GET THERE, because NO ONE knows what will happen once that 3 week sprint starts. ;)

That all being said, the NFFC does the best job of rewarding POINTS (which we all know is the clearest indicator of the best team), and that is why I will always come back.

I for one am against the "adding players" in the playoffs. Yes, injuries and bad shit happens in the playoffs, but I think that proper planning CAN avoid MOST of it. I just don't want to have "some leagues where I have FAAB, and some I don't".

Just all my opinion of course. :)
Bring it on .

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:49 pm

Simply not true on not being heard unless you spend 10k or more. I probably spend more with them than anyone and hardly anything I have ever suggested has been implemented.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:16 am

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:Simply not true on not being heard unless you spend 10k or more. I probably spend more with them than anyone and hardly anything I have ever suggested has been implemented.
Agree 100% Chad.

The NFFC is the VERY best at listening to their customers. When the vast majority want a change, and they (Greg and Tom) feel it will be best. In this case with adding free agency to private leagues in the playoffs, it appears that it is 50/50 to most.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:21 pm

I would like to see waiver wire pickups extended into the playoffs for playoff teams only in cash leagues like Ultimate, Super and other stand alone leagues. Not possible/fair to do it in leagues with Overall contests
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:10 am

BillyWaz wrote:
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:Simply not true on not being heard unless you spend 10k or more. I probably spend more with them than anyone and hardly anything I have ever suggested has been implemented.
Agree 100% Chad.

The NFFC is the VERY best at listening to their customers. When the vast majority want a change, and they (Greg and Tom) feel it will be best. In this case with adding free agency to private leagues in the playoffs, it appears that it is 50/50 to most.

Yep they do a great job of doing what people that play in that particular event want. They listen and go with the majority in most instances.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:14 am

The Franchise wrote:I would like to see waiver wire pickups extended into the playoffs for playoff teams only in cash leagues like Ultimate, Super and other stand alone leagues. Not possible/fair to do it in leagues with Overall contests

I like everyone getting 1 buck and the TB going to highest regular season point scorer. Everyone gets one move in playoffs. That way the whole 1k budget can be used for the regular season, which it should be as you do not know if you are going to make the playoffs or not early on. Use the buck however you choose and rewards the better regular season team slightly. It bridges the gap between having free agency or not since it is somewhat divided anyway.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:09 am

nails wrote:Billy what your saying is fine for the primetime and championship leagues.. I agree in that format you can't add players, but in an auction format, where there is no grand prize, this is the purest form of fantasy football.. the format that requires the MOST SKILL BY FAR!@ those who disagree are just wrong.
[/quote]

So you are saying JUST do this for auctions?? Why not all the private leagues....Supers, Platinums, Diamonds, etc?

The skill part has nothing to do with it, IMO. While I agree auctions require more skill, I would argue someone that plops down $10,000 or $20,0000 on an entry fee has more "skin in the game" than someone who plays in a $1,000 or $2,500 auction.

I do like Chad's idea of getting ONE move for the 3 week playoffs in these private leagues. But again, I am a believer that MANY injuries can be covered up with proper preparation. Sure, what happened to you and Jared can happen, but those are the outliers IMO. You have a 10 team bench for a reason, and that is a lot of extra bodies.

If they changed it, it wouldn't be the end of the world, but I simply like everything ending at once (I'm talking about FAAB).