Live Chat With Tom & Greg: Wednesday At 3 PM ET

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:40 am

Originally posted by Money:
How about your take on the biggest rookie "Fantasy" impact players? The rookies I like best for fantasy are Ingram, Thomas and Green. Ingram and Thomas should start and are looking at 15+ carries a game. Green is in a rough passing situation but should be the No. 1 WR which means he should receive plenty of targets each week.

There are other rookies who could also emerge such as LeShoure, Williams and Jones (to name three) but I think the best bets to make a consistent impact throughout the season are Ingram, Thomas and Green.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:51 am

Tom, I had a friend make a small prop. bet for me before the season started. I have the BrewCrew at 4-1 to win the NL and 10-1 to win the WS. I felt Greinke and Marcum, along with Gallardo, would elevate their SP enough to at least win the NL Cen. and make the playoffs We all know what good SP can do in the playoffs. Reassure me I have a chance to recoup some of my money.
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:53 am

Originally posted by KyThunder:
Tom, I had a friend make a small prop. bet for me before the season started. I have the BrewCrew at 4-1 to win the NL and 10-1 to win the WS. I felt Greinke and Marcum, along with Gallardo, would elevate their SP enough to at least win the NL Cen. and make the playoffs We all know what good SP can do in the playoffs. Reassure me I have a chance to recoup some of my money. They just went 8-1 on their nine-game homestand and should've gone 9-0. Other than the last two games, their pitching has been outstanding. K-Rod and Axford are beasts in the final two innings while Braun and Fielder are beasts offensively. I don't know about the World Series but I think they're the favorite now to win the NL Central. Should be a great stretch run.

Hey, this isn't the NFBC forum. :D
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:55 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by KyThunder:
Tom, I had a friend make a small prop. bet for me before the season started. I have the BrewCrew at 4-1 to win the NL and 10-1 to win the WS. I felt Greinke and Marcum, along with Gallardo, would elevate their SP enough to at least win the NL Cen. and make the playoffs We all know what good SP can do in the playoffs. Reassure me I have a chance to recoup some of my money. They just went 8-1 on their nine-game homestand and should've gone 9-0. Other than the last two games, their pitching has been outstanding. K-Rod and Axford are beasts in the final two innings while Braun and Fielder are beasts offensively. I don't know about the World Series but I think they're the favorite now to win the NL Central. Should be a great stretch run.

Hey, this isn't the NFBC forum. :D
[/QUOTE]Look at the first paragraph of Greg's initial post in this thread.. :D
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:56 am

Oops.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Getpaddled

Post by Getpaddled » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:00 am

Since the lock out has been over I haven't heard anything on an 18 game season. Is this dead for the full 10 years (the length of the contract)?
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:58 am

Originally posted by Letter Pusher:
Since the lock out has been over I haven't heard anything on an 18 game season. Is this dead for the full 10 years (the length of the contract)? This is far from a dead issue and in fact we may be looking at another fight between the players and the owners in a couple of years. The new CBA says the 16 game season runs through 2012, so I believe an 18-game season can be addressed as early as 2013 with the players. Mike Florio says we can expect a monetary fight in the following post:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... staredown/

I think it's going to be tough to get to an 18-game regular season anytime soon, but money talks. If the owners can tie their new TV contract in 2014 around two more weeks of regular season and show the players how much more money this is going to generate for both sides, it could happen. Again, not likely before 2014, but expect to hear more rhetoric about an 18-game season when the next TV contract rolls around.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:01 am

Okay, let's get some questions lined up for this Q&A today. We want a good, lively chat today. Both of us should be hear for a couple of hours if the work day doesn't get in the way. :D Let's talk some football and have fun!!!

And Bill, we can talk baseball, too. :D Tom and I have Brewer Fever again, so we're rooting for your prop bet. I didn't even put money on them at 12:1 and I still don't think they have enough hitting or defense to win in the playoffs, but they're certainly capable of winning the NL Central. That they can and should do now.

Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:32 am

Guys,

Which position do you think will be most affected by the lack of OTAs this year - RB or WR? WRs are already notorious for pulled hammies (and divas trying to get out of training camp). But would you shy away more from one position or the other due to increased risk this year?

doobie

Post by doobie » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:59 am

First year to the NFFC, so I apologize if you've answered this question before.

In the DC format of the NFFC, what happens with regard to points when a player that was drafted before the season at one position, then is shifted to and plays at another position?

Last year, Joe Webb was listed as a WR but played the end of the season as a QB. This year, Brad Smith is listed in the drafts as a WR, but the Buffalo Bills are saying he will be listed as a QB.

Thank you for the reply.