Arian Foster Suffers Groin Injury

BillyWaz

Re: Arian Foster Suffers Groin Injury

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:41 pm

He went in 7th round of tonight's cutline

Matthew Falkow

Post by Matthew Falkow » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:37 am

Its not fair to compare Arian and DeMarco. Even with the heavy load last year he still had a lot less miles on his tires than Arian. It will be very interesting to see where he goes in drafts now. If the Texans aren't competitive its hard to believe they'll trot him out week 10 with a full work load. I'd still probably draft him 5th/6th round just for the sizzle.

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:31 am

BigBlueNation wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:Glad to have been drafting Polk with my last pick lately. Foster owners must be cringing. Oh the perils of early drafting.
Given Foster's injury history he could get hurt at any time. I don't think you can pin this on early drafting. He would be a major durability risk no matter when you drafted him.
His injury history is what puts him in the 2nd round. Otherwise, he's a top 5 pick.
??? Come on Blue,i know you don't really believe this.Top 5 pick in that shitty OFFENCE ? Even healthy not wasting a early pick on him.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:35 am

Foster was fourth in RB scoring in the NFFC last season despite missing three full games and parts of two others. If he could consistently play a full season he'd be a slam-dunk No. 1 overall pick in my opinion. Guy is all kinds of talented and gets the rock a ton.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:58 pm

To follow up with what Tom said, there were plenty of owners who cashed in last year landing Foster in the 3rd round. If you were able to start stud WR-stud WR-Foster last year, you were pretty well set even with the games Foster missed. He produces top five numbers when on the field the issue is you just never know when he won't be out there.
Go Big Red!

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:07 pm

You just said it (when/if)he is in there, he is a stud ? But quessing when/if is why he is a late 2nd/early 3rd at best.

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:09 pm

before the injury.Now undraftable.Just glad he's not on my 29 teams.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:16 pm

CoMoHusker wrote:To follow up with what Tom said, there were plenty of owners who cashed in last year landing Foster in the 3rd round. If you were able to start stud WR-stud WR-Foster last year, you were pretty well set even with the games Foster missed. He produces top five numbers when on the field the issue is you just never know when he won't be out there.
I passed on Foster last season because of the durability issues. It was a big mistake. He was a great value pick last year even with the missed time.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:58 am

Arian Foster went 133rd overall, 1st pick of the 12th Round, in last night's Rotowire Online Championship League. Alfred Blue went 73rd overall, 1st pick of the 7th Round, while Chris Polk went 169th overall, 1st pick of Round 15. Pierre Thomas went 195th overall as the 3rd pick of the 17th Round.

And that's your Texans Running Back Report for the day!! :lol:
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius