Kelvin Benjamin Torn ACL

Tom Kessenich

Re: Kelvin Benjamin Torn ACL

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:53 pm

TR wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:Have you ever seen a more harmless cut that resulted in a torn ACL? I mean, it wasn't a violent sprint 20 yards, plant on Astroturf and blow out a knee kind of move. It was almost three-quarters speed, a little cut and he's down. I know he was in pain, but I didn't expect it to be a torn ACL.

Huge blow to the Panthers. It causes a ripple effect on values to Greg Olson (up), Cam Newton (down), Jonathan Stewart (who knows) and Devin Funchess (way up).

I think it also affects the first round and we'll talk about it on our show tonight. I think the top tier WRs (of which there are 9) are going to go earlier because that second tier from 9-18 are iffy now. Benjamin was the 16th WR being taken and he's gone. Alshon Jefferey is hurt. Mike Evans has QB issues. DeAndre Hopkins has QB issues. If you take an RB early, you might not like the choices at WR coming back.

I might be wrong, but I can see the WRs moving up in picks 1-16.
What about Reggie Wayne's value? He's out there... ;)
The pre-injury Wayne of last season would be an enormous upgrade at WR for Carolina. Hell, the post-injury Wayne probably would be too.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich