Do people not like to prepare before the draft anymore?

Coyote Streakers

Re: Do people not like to prepare before the draft anymore?

Post by Coyote Streakers » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:32 am

The 1st and 2nd round is every changing this time of year, yesterday is old news and will be different from tomorrow. I agree it would be nice to set KDS after this weekends crucial week 3 preseason games. I also prefer right before draft as well. What I thought would happen one week ago is practically worthless on some players so most current news is always best imo. I'd love to see KDS pushed back like stated above but I will adapt if not. Good discussion.

driftin

Post by driftin » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:43 am

I prefer to use the blind style of drafting. I don't care what slot I get it. I just sign up for a league draft and hope to get lucky. It has worked out well for me, because as most people know this is 90% luck anyways. So don't sweat it too much, just sign up, draft your team, watch the games and enjoy yourself.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:44 am

I agree the KDS deadline should be set as close to the draft as possible. At this time of year, there's so much news, so many injuries, etc. that change our perception of the player pool on a daily basis and subsequently how we'd like to attack our drafts.

As suggested, 24-48 hours prior would seem a fair middle ground for those who want a little more time to prepare and those who want the most information. However, I also agree having to set KDS prior to a full slate of weekend preseason games that stand in between our KDS deadline and the draft itself doesn't really make sense.

That said, give me my spot and let's draft! One of my favorite times of the year.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:16 am

Don Draper wrote:Now what happens when GG opens up a can of whoop ass in the throwndown league and dominates NFFC HOFers and "industry" pros without even studying?

Love it, best strategy out there. Cash in this league and you look like Rain Man 2.0. Finish in last place and you have the convenient excuse of not studying, but something tells me the Throwback is going to look something like this when you walk in......

Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:45 am

Coyote Streakers wrote:The 1st and 2nd round is every changing this time of year, yesterday is old news and will be different from tomorrow. I agree it would be nice to set KDS after this weekends crucial week 3 preseason games. I also prefer right before draft as well. What I thought would happen one week ago is practically worthless on some players so most current news is always best imo. I'd love to see KDS pushed back like stated above but I will adapt if not. Good discussion.
Sure, this is a good discussion and one worthy of changing for 2016 if folks want it and still want KDS/3RR. All of that can be discussed over the next 6 months.

As all of you know, some contests give draft spots 6-8 weeks in advance for people to prepare for their draft spots. Not sure how that helps in today's game where the draft spots change daily, but it's a big selling point for our competitors.

In the past, we used to give out draft spots 7 to 8 days before your draft date. Last year we switched it to 5 days in advance. Some people liked the old way, some people want it even later. We can do it as late as the majority wants and it's something we definitely need to survey going forward.

That being said, we have several Classic and Primetime Online Leagues that probably won't be sold out five days in advance and we will keep these open and hope to sell them in the last days or even day. Hopefully people understand the situation and don't mind getting their draft spots closer to the draft date. Sounds like most people won't mind that. So look for those openings and keep the discussion going. We've changed this process before and we can change the timing of it again.

Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius