What will it take to win this thing?

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:09 pm

I know I don't feel comfortable right now. I have a 48 pt. lead in overall points in my league, but that can be gone in one week. I'm hoping the boys can get healthy (McNair, LT, Staley, Julius Jones, Az Hakim, etc.)

If I can squeak into the playoffs and then run with healthy players I'll have a shot. Or Duce and LT could both be out and I'll just fade away ;)

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:36 am

Jp and Dyv

Do you guys have good player matchups to look forward to? The next 2 weeks are going to be tense.
I feel a little unlucky with the league I ended up in. It's had a playoff feel to it for about 5 weeks now. I'm tied with Dawg and Hogg at 8-2. Big Mo is only 1 game back and plays D&H this week. I'm rooting for Big Mo since we have about a 150 pt lead on D&H and only 6 pts. on Big Mo.

Alot of strange things could happen in the last 3 weeks. You'd think if you're 3rd in overall pts. this late in the season a playoff spot would be a lock. Unfortunately for us, Big Mo is 4th in overall pts. The sad thing is, one of us might not make it after having a great year. I'm sure there are similar circumstances in other leagues.

I guess we'll all just have to endure a few more tense weekends. And to think I started playing this silly game because someone convinced me it was fun. :rolleyes:

I should've looked at their finger nails to see how short they were! :D

Good luck to you fellas. I've enjoyed hopping threads with you this year!

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:37 am

Thanks for the kind words RC ;)

I've got some fine matchups if McNair gets healthy (KC, HOU, IND, DET, OAK in 5 of his last 6 weeks)

My biggest worry at this point is getting Duce Staley back on the field and producing. Without him I'm leaning on A-Train or Alsott or needing Julius Jones to get going.

Once we get through the next few weeks and nobody can any longer touch FA I'll be happy to go more in depth and try to handicap the top 32. Should be fun ... maybe we can even get a pool going ;)

Dave

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:40 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
My biggest worry at this point is getting Duce Staley back on the field and producing. Without him I'm leaning on A-Train or Alsott or needing Julius Jones to get going.i'll trade you dunn or westbrook for one of your top 2 wr's.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:55 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Dyv:
My biggest worry at this point is getting Duce Staley back on the field and producing. Without him I'm leaning on A-Train or Alsott or needing Julius Jones to get going.i'll trade you dunn or westbrook for one of your top 2 wr's. [/QUOTE]lol, don't I wish...