DraftKings employee wins fanduel 350K with Inside Informatio

Don Draper

Re: DraftKings employee wins fanduel 350K with Inside Inform

Post by Don Draper » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:48 pm

When there is a lack of transparency, a potential for corruption exists. Can FanDuel and draftkings list anyone playing their games that are also receiving compensation (not DFS winnings) from them. Which "players" work for these companies? Please post the list

afv

Post by afv » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:55 pm

Now we know who the 1% are....employees of the competitors!

"Their data shows that Draft Kings employees have won 0.3% of the money" won at the site [at Fanduel], Rovell said. "FanDuel has given out in prizes close to $2 billion, according to my calculations."

If DraftKings employees have indeed won 0.3% of nearly $2 billion, that would be close to $6 million won. Rovell put the number at "less than $10 million."

What is not known is if that is net winnings — accounting for losses also — or just the gross winnings. That is a big difference, but it would also seem that either number is significant.

According to research by Sports Business Daily, over one three-month stretch 91% of the player profits at DraftKings and FanDuel were won by just 1.3% of the players.

http://www.businessinsider.com/draftkin ... el-2015-10

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:48 pm

I guarantee you more allegations will come out and sponsors will start to feel the heat. There are going to have to be strong regulations in daily fantasy sports.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Erok

Post by Erok » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:28 pm

Here's a little history lesson for everyone:

15 years ago, you used to be able to wager online at several sites. It was kept very underground and wasn't "mainstreamed."

Then Bet On Sports got greedy and decided to roll out huge busses at NFL football stadiums with scantily clad women passing out betting literature.

Shortly thereafter, one by one, (starting with BOS)those sites were shut down by the gov and the head of BOS was arrested when he set foot on US soil. Players account money was confiscated in the BOS instance. Other sites returned money to players.

12 years ago you could play online poker. It too was kept on the down low for the most part.

Then a few years later, games were being broadcast all over every TV station! More sites started popping up and more young kids were playing.

Eventually, the gov got involved due to some corrupt sites and people and shut them down.

10-12 years ago fantasy football really started to take off. There were local leagues and a few online places to play season long. It was nowhere near the mainstream.

Fast forward to this year...... DFS sports takes off with an in your face mainstream marketing campaign. From the underground to main street! Commercials everywhere, even MNF sponsored by it! Ads everywhere......MLB games, NFL games, NBA games, hockey games, etc.....I said to my buddies then that this is gonna be the beginning of the end.

So here we are today with this incident ( not to mention the black eye the season long industry suffered from WCOFF, FJ, etc)....... Where does it go from here now? Who knows.....but if the above two references are any indication the gov is going to get involved, yet again, and end this much like they did with sports betting and online poker. Let's just hope it is only DFS and not the season longs. Greed killed sports betting. It killed online poker, and it appears its going to kill DFS and hopefully not season longs.

( This speaks volumes for the NFFC IMO too. In an unregulated industry filled with crooks and greedy corrupt individuals Tom and Greg have been two of the most stand up guys since I met them in 2004.)
Last edited by Erok on Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:39 pm

Online poker sites allowing "select people" to see others' whole cards is another example of corruption at its finest

Erok

Post by Erok » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:58 pm

JUST WOW TO THIS ARTICLE! HOW MUCH MONEY HAS HE REALLY MADE IN THE LAST TWO MONTHS?

http://larrybrownsports.com/fantasy/eth ... ile/276741

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:00 pm

Erok wrote:Here's a little history lesson for everyone:

15 years ago, you used to be able to wager online at several sites. It was kept very underground and wasn't "mainstreamed."

Then Bet On Sports got greedy and decided to roll out huge busses at NFL football stadiums with scantily clad women passing out betting literature.

Shortly thereafter, one by one, (starting with BOS)those sites were shut down by the gov and the head of BOS was arrested when he set foot on US soil. Players account money was confiscated in the BOS instance. Other sites returned money to players.

12 years ago you could play online poker. It too was kept on the down low for the most part.

Then a few years later, games were being broadcast all over every TV station! More sites started popping up and more young kids were playing.

Eventually, the gov got involved due to some corrupt sites and people and shut them down.

10-12 years ago fantasy football really started to take off. There were local leagues and a few online places to play season long. It was nowhere near the mainstream.

Fast forward to this year...... DFS sports takes off with an in your face mainstream marketing campaign. From the underground to main street! Commercials everywhere, even MNF sponsored by it! Ads everywhere......MLB games, NFL games, NBA games, hockey games, etc.....I said to my buddies then that this is gonna be the beginning of the end.

So here we are today with this incident ( not to mention the black eye the season long industry suffered from WCOFF, FJ, etc)....... Where does it go from here now? Who knows.....but if the above two references are any indication the gov is going to get involved, yet again, and end this much like they did with sports betting and online poker. Let's just hope it is only DFS and not the season longs. Greed killed sports betting. It killed online poker, and it appears its going to kill DFS and hopefully not season longs.

( This speaks volumes for the NFFC IMO too. In an unregulated industry filled with crooks and greedy corrupt individuals Tom and Greg have been two of the most stand up guys since I met them in 2004.)
Contrary to your comments, sports betting will be made legal nationwide, before fantasy sports are shut down. It is only a matter of time. No doubt in my mind.

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:07 pm

Wonder if there's gonna be a "run on the bank"?

If so, I wonder if they can cover player account balances?

Erok

Post by Erok » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:09 pm

JETS SB wrote:
Erok wrote:Here's a little history lesson for everyone:

Contrary to your comments, sports betting will be made legal nationwide, before fantasy sports are shut down. It is only a matter of time. No doubt in my mind.
Let's hope so. Scandals like this sure don't help thats for sure.

I still think sports wagering is skill based (much like fantasy) as well.

I guess slot machines are exempt from gov regulations.

Cdh

Post by Cdh » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:17 pm

This is total BS! Could there be a class action? It is an obviously unfair playing advantage for those guys and there friends. Lots of winners in MA too according to one article. Home of DK if I understand correct. I want my money back!