Week 1 Postseason Contest Ownership

BigBlueNation

Re: Week 1 Postseason Contest Ownership

Post by BigBlueNation » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:52 am

I think this a moot point. The format is what separates people. If you had the ability to load up, everybody would load up.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:50 am

People are complaining about this league? This is one of the best formatted leagues I've ever played in, tons of strategy and very challenging -- allowing unlimited players per team would make this a joke, all the teams that picked rosters full of Super Bowl players would win, and there'd be more multiple entry rosters just trying to cover the full team options. With the current format, if you played 100 teams, there's no guarantee you'd even put a team together correctly that would finish in the money.

My ONLY suggestion for a change in this league would be to reduce the number of required RB's due to the nature of the NFL and on a deeper level, the format of this league. As is, once you get to the AFC/NFC Championship Games, pretty much everyone has to have a RB from each of the four remaining teams (with some slight options, pretty much everyone needs to have David Johnson, Jonathan Stewart, James White and CJ Anderson this week). Dropping the required RB's to 3 and upping the WR/TE slots to 5 would not only allow for a better representation of the current NFL game, it would also make the selection of RB's matter more once we get to the Conference Championship games, since you would have to leave one of the four NFL teams out of the mix. That last WR slot could be a FLEX option, allowing a RB or WR, but I think being a WR is fine.

QB - QB
RB - RB - RB
WR - WR - WR - WR - WR
K - DT

TR

Post by TR » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:59 pm

Frozen Tundra wrote:Tom,
Why don't you guys remove the limits on player picks from one team? I don't understand why we have to pick max one, two, three, and four players per team in each of the playoff rounds. There is no way to make up ground in the later rounds doing it this way. I would have to pass next year in this contest if this rule doesn't change.
Thanks,
I have never played in this contest mainly because of the multi entry. I would say that I'd be less inclined if there was no limit to prevent stacking from one team. Imagine a scenario where there is an undefeated team who also has the best offense in the league..or teams in each conference that are heavily favored to make SB. Then everyone would have the same players..how fun would that be? That's a big reason I play DFS at Fanduel...because they limit u to just 4 players per team. Before they implemented that rule, could just stack entire teams basically. By basically being able to bet on a single team, how is that much different than gambling...where is the skill?

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:08 pm

TR wrote:
Why don't you guys remove the limits on player picks from one team? I don't understand why we have to pick max one, two, three, and four players per team in each of the playoff rounds. There is no way to make up ground in the later rounds doing it this way. I would have to pass next year in this contest if this rule doesn't change.
Thanks,
I have never played in this contest mainly because of the multi entry. I would say that I'd be less inclined if there was no limit to prevent stacking from one team. Imagine a scenario where there is an undefeated team who also has the best offense in the league..or teams in each conference that are heavily favored to make SB. Then everyone would have the same players..how fun would that be? That's a big reason I play DFS at Fanduel...because they limit u to just 4 players per team. Before they implemented that rule, could just stack entire teams basically. By basically being able to bet on a single team, how is that much different than gambling...where is the skill?
Hilarious. You don't play in this contest and you play Fan Duel because of multi entry (!!!) and you would be "less inclined " with no limit on players. Tell us what is " less inclined " than never? Gotta love this comment.

TR

Post by TR » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:14 pm

JETS SB wrote:
TR wrote:
Thanks,
Hilarious. You don't play in this contest and you play Fan Duel because of multi entry (!!!) and you would be "less inclined " with no limit on players. Tell us what is " less inclined " than never? Gotta love this comment.

Hilarious...where did I say that I play Fanduel BECAUSE OF multi entry??? And I wasn't comparing Fanduel to NFFC either...I meant that I choose to play DFS there instead of Draftkings or the other DFS sites that allow ppl to stack their teams with more than 4 players from a single team!

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:52 pm

Sorry. Your comment makes no sense. You said you never play this contest because of multi entry? FanDuel has guys who stack multiple lineups. And they don't have a multi week tournament like this. No one does. That's what makes it great. There is no comparison. This contest is the best skill based post season contest in the industry. Sorry you don't like it. It appears that over 1,000 liked it enough to lay down $150. But I am sure you like your 1 in 100,000 odds over at FanDuel. Good luck with that. :lol:

TR

Post by TR » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:48 pm

JETS SB wrote:Sorry. Your comment makes no sense. You said you never play this contest because of multi entry? FanDuel has guys who stack multiple lineups. And they don't have a multi week tournament like this. No one does. That's what makes it great. There is no comparison. This contest is the best skill based post season contest in the industry. Sorry you don't like it. It appears that over 1,000 liked it enough to lay down $150. But I am sure you like your 1 in 100,000 odds over at FanDuel. Good luck with that. :lol:
Not just the multi entry...other reasons also which include the price point/ cash prize reward factor. I was actually supporting the current setup which doesn't allow stacking more players from a single team as somebody in this thread was wanting. I'm not here to bash NFFC so no need to go into other specifics about why I play fanduel DFS...I'm sorry my points went way over ur head tho :lol:

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:06 pm

TR wrote:
JETS SB wrote:Sorry. Your comment makes no sense. You said you never play this contest because of multi entry? FanDuel has guys who stack multiple lineups. And they don't have a multi week tournament like this. No one does. That's what makes it great. There is no comparison. This contest is the best skill based post season contest in the industry. Sorry you don't like it. It appears that over 1,000 liked it enough to lay down $150. But I am sure you like your 1 in 100,000 odds over at FanDuel. Good luck with that. :lol:
Not just the multi entry...other reasons also which include the price point/ cash prize reward factor. I was actually supporting the current setup which doesn't allow stacking more players from a single team as somebody in this thread was wanting. I'm not here to bash NFFC so no need to go into other specifics about why I play fanduel DFS...I'm sorry my points went way over ur head tho :lol:
:lol: nothing went over my head. What you wrote made no sense and still doesnt. In general, what you are saying is you support a scoring system that you never play. I just don't get the reasoning of the post and to say further that, the reason you don't play is because of multi entry, yet you play instead, the ultimate multi entry contest. Mind bending, to say the least.

I love ( and play ) the current format. I did not do well this year with my teams but still believe its a great format
Last edited by JETS SB on Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 pm

CALI CARTEL wrote:People are complaining about this league? This is one of the best formatted leagues I've ever played in, tons of strategy and very challenging -- allowing unlimited players per team would make this a joke, all the teams that picked rosters full of Super Bowl players would win, and there'd be more multiple entry rosters just trying to cover the full team options. With the current format, if you played 100 teams, there's no guarantee you'd even put a team together correctly that would finish in the money.

My ONLY suggestion for a change in this league would be to reduce the number of required RB's due to the nature of the NFL and on a deeper level, the format of this league. As is, once you get to the AFC/NFC Championship Games, pretty much everyone has to have a RB from each of the four remaining teams (with some slight options, pretty much everyone needs to have David Johnson, Jonathan Stewart, James White and CJ Anderson this week). Dropping the required RB's to 3 and upping the WR/TE slots to 5 would not only allow for a better representation of the current NFL game, it would also make the selection of RB's matter more once we get to the Conference Championship games, since you would have to leave one of the four NFL teams out of the mix. That last WR slot could be a FLEX option, allowing a RB or WR, but I think being a WR is fine.

QB - QB
RB - RB - RB
WR - WR - WR - WR - WR
K - DT
Not a bad idea. Maybe 2 RBs, 4 WRs and 2 flex.

TR

Post by TR » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:13 pm

JETS SB wrote:
TR wrote:
:lol: nothing went over my head. What you wrote made no sense and still doesnt. In general, what you are saying is you support a scoring system that you never play. I just don't get the reasoning of the post and to say further that, the reason you don't play is because of multi entry, yet you play instead, the ultimate multi entry contest. Mind bending, to say the least.

I love ( and play ) the current format. I did not do well this year with my teams but still believe its a great format
Nothing in ur response makes sense...u keep harping on multi entry and don't realize how stupid u sound thinking multi entry is the only contest type available in fanduel..keep on ASSuming tho :lol: