I hate kickers!

Diesel

I hate kickers!

Post by Diesel » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:02 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
I have also lost all 3 times I have gotten 4 aces in 7-card stud. Beaten by the A-5 club straight each time! Please re-read this quote, particularly the higlighted words. Blue_Foot is obviously trying to pull a Fast_One on us... [/QUOTE]KoQ, you mean there aren't 5 aces in each deck? lol
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

mikeybok

I hate kickers!

Post by mikeybok » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:36 am

Try drafting a starting kicker ... backups just don't do as well.
Hakuna Matata!

richieprimo

I hate kickers!

Post by richieprimo » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:27 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...is the reason things are almost always taken so literally on this MB simply because one can't see the tounge firmly implanted in another ones cheek?...SNAKE Yes we can. But can't YOU see that this Blue Foot guy is a longue singer?...PRIMO

Signed,
PRIMO

:D :D :D
PRIMO
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

wayne123

I hate kickers!

Post by wayne123 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:54 pm

OK Guys. 1st...a poker lesson. 5 of the cards in 7-card stud are community cards. That means the Ace of clubs was used by me AND by the players that beat my four aces. 2nd...I usually switch my place kickers each week when they don't score a FG. This strategy works great in all my leagues but the one I care most about. It has been 105 games and I have yet to get a FG from my primary team. Now, this does not include yahoo leagues and secondary leagues...stuff like that. I have always scored about average with my place kickers, except in the league I care most about each year. This year it is this league and I have yet to get a FG (running the total to 105 games). I am going to try the Castanza advice this week....thanks! 3rd...I sure do like reading my own stuff. I am just so whitty and well spoken....thanks for noticing!

Cheers!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

sportsbettingman

I hate kickers!

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:02 pm

"Snoring sounds."

Go back to comedy school.
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

King of Queens

I hate kickers!

Post by King of Queens » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:48 am

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
OK Guys. 1st...a poker lesson. 5 of the cards in 7-card stud are community cards. That means the Ace of clubs was used by me AND by the players that beat my four aces. Thanks for the poker lesson. Now run back to your professor and check the rules. Most likely, you're confusing 7-Card Stud (no community cards) with Texas hold'em (community cards). Then again, in the alternate universe in which you reside, the rules might be different.

2nd...I usually switch my place kickers each week when they don't score a FG. This strategy works great in all my leagues but the one I care most about. It has been 105 games and I have yet to get a FG from my primary team. Now, this does not include yahoo leagues and secondary leagues...stuff like that. I have always scored about average with my place kickers, except in the league I care most about each year. This year it is this league and I have yet to get a FG (running the total to 105 games). I am going to try the Castanza advice this week....thanks!Sorry, not buying this either.

3rd...I sure do like reading my own stuff. I am just so whitty and well spoken....thanks for noticing!"Whitty" indeed. Like Ernie Whitt, as opposed to Mike Witt.

wayne123

I hate kickers!

Post by wayne123 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:53 am

Opps! You are right King of Queens! I stand corrected. The game is called Texas Hold'em not 7-Card Stud. I guess comedy doesn't count when you stu'udd'er. I am always amazed at how defensive people get when I relate these TRUE stories. But, does it really matter? The past is no indicator of the future in games of luck. And yes, despite the hype poker IS a game of luck. Sure, you can win with a bluff and I respect that, but anytime you bet while the hand is still in doubt is based on luck. Fantasy football, in my opinion, is a lot more skill based than poker. True, on occasion someone goes 105 games without a FG (or maybe only once!), but over the course of the season things tend to balance out and the best owners move to the top. Now, that being said. If I move to the top of my fantasy league...I take it all back....that would have to be all luck! When your making decisions between starting Chris Brown or T.J. Duckett (as I did last week), its time to face the facts: losing the game by less than one point was not bad luck...it was good luck! So, here's to getting lucky!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

BubbasHouse

I hate kickers!

Post by BubbasHouse » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:53 am

Blue_FulOfChit

NO WAY THIS IS TRUE - I'll bet you can't go 3 games without getting a FG from your best rostered starting kicker on a PRO team that PLAYS

What league are you in so we can track your "Bad Luck"? - or better - how you luck has just turned since WOW you started having kickers score ;)

wayne123

I hate kickers!

Post by wayne123 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:15 pm

EASY Bubba Boy! I am not interested in the bet. I am trying to win. Besides, kicker performance during the next 3 games has nothing to do with the last 105! Don't you have something better to worry about? Perhaps global warming or false naked pictures of Tiger Wood's wife. Those are just a two of the many potential lies that you could get outraged over. Trust me...I'm not worth your time. If its not 105, then it might as well be! The point is....its been a long, long time since I had any fantasy love from a kicker (man...thats sounds real bad). Regardless, have some heart! Cut me some slack! Can't ya' see the brothers hurt'in? I just want a FG. Just one hit...then the pain will stop! Just one through the pipes...then the nightmare will be over! Then, I can go back to worrying about global warming myself.
A warm Galopogos Hardy Har,
Blue_Foot
I AM BLUE_FOOT.