Aaron Rodgers

particra

Aaron Rodgers

Post by particra » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:02 am

Since Rogers is likely to score 30-40 points more than the next top QB with his legs alone, I'd be shocked if he wasn't the top QB

Old School

Aaron Rodgers

Post by Old School » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:17 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
I'm not one to typically take a QB too early. However in a couple early drafts this year, I've come away with some of the higher ranked QB's when they've fallen to a point where they just looked too good against some of the second tier RB's or receivers. I've still never taken one in the first round, ever (outside of a 2-QB format).

That brings me to the point of this topic, Aaron Rodgers. He's pretty much a sure thing, he has the potential to give you one of those special years, and could give you as much of an edge over the rest of the competition as any RB or WR available in the field.

I was just "awarded" the 7th pick in the DC championships. I'm considering several players there. My imagination though is starting to drift towards Rodgers.

I'm just curious if anyone has an opinion about taking a QB that early in this scoring system.

Glenn Glenn,

He went 6th last night in the sandman DC. that being said, in a DC I'm less inclined to nab a top QB early since you can QB by committee and get the highest weekly score. I'm probably the minority here though. In a non-DC more valuable.

Joe

kentucky

Aaron Rodgers

Post by kentucky » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:30 am

don't mean to get off track from the original post, but Joe brings up the point of DC's versus regular drafts. obviously DC's are different, but what is the difference in the first few rounds, until the 2nd round of QB's are taken? or is there? i haven't done many regular snake drafts, i like the DC and Auction format, so why would you treat a player differently in the early rounds? i feel you want the best players you can get early, then fill in as the draft goes.
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

BONGIZMO

Aaron Rodgers

Post by BONGIZMO » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:17 am

All about the strategy and often the positions of scarcity cause early runs in the DC format. With the NFFC valuing QB's more than other contests, what you saw last night were far more QB's out the door than in a normal draft by the end of Round 3 imo. The FFPC sees the same thing with TE's in their DE's as folks try to take advantage of that higher valued position.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

kentucky

Aaron Rodgers

Post by kentucky » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:19 am

but my question, in reference to NFFC leagues, do you prepare differently for the first 5-6 rounds of a DC versus the classic? both being 14 team leagues.
bill cleavenger

BLACKHAND

Aaron Rodgers

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:29 am

the line that Aaron rodgers will not make it to the second round in 8 of 10 classic drafts are are now 3 to 1. "the house" feels rodgers will go in first round of near all drafts. :cool:
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

kentucky

Aaron Rodgers

Post by kentucky » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:35 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
the line that Aaron rodgers will not make it to the second round in 8 of 10 classic drafts are are now 3 to 1. "the house" feels rodgers will go in first round of near all drafts. :cool: don't tell Wayne, but in the Chi-Bos DC, i'm going to take him at 1.4 just so he doesn't get him at 1.5. IF HE'S STILL THERE AT 1.4? :eek:
bill cleavenger

Coltsfan

Aaron Rodgers

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:50 am

Barring injury, everything is shaping up for Rodgers to have a very special year. I can make my case on why to take Rodgers early based upon projections. But if my projections are wrong then.......oh well.

You really wouldn't take him at 1.4 would you Bill??????

Wayne

kentucky

Aaron Rodgers

Post by kentucky » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:53 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Barring injury, everything is shaping up for Rodgers to have a very special year. I can make my case on why to take Rodgers early based upon projections. But if my projections are wrong then.......oh well.

Wayne can you guarantee ;) SJax will be there at 2.11?
bill cleavenger

Coltsfan

Aaron Rodgers

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:56 am

Originally posted by KyThunder:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:

Wayne can you guarantee ;) SJax will be there at 2.11?
[/QUOTE]I can guarantee he won't be there! :D

Wayne