Kelly Grogan Will Chat Here Today At 2 p.m. EST

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:29 am

Kelly, let's say for the sake of discussion neither Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, MJD or Ray Rice finish as the No. 1 running back in fantasy. Who would be your home run pick to take that spot?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

estreet12

Post by estreet12 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:37 am

Originally posted by Letter Pusher:
1Hardesty/Harrison

If both RBs are healthy come season start.... who will end up with more FF pts at the end of the year and what kind of split will they have?

If healthy is the key here. Hardesty has a knee injury early in camp which doesn't bode well for a rookie RB. I still at this point would stay with Harrison.

2What rookie WR will have the biggest impact on their team in terms of them scoring ff points. Can you list your top 5 in terms of potential this year.

I know he is injured, But Dez Bryant with the Cowboys has a lot of potential.

Top 5 in terms of potential...Bryant, Thomas with Denver, Golden Tate with Seattle, Dexter McCluster with the Chiefs and Mike Williams with the Buc's.

3I am looking to take a late round gamble on one of N.E RB's... Which one should I target?

I would look at Kevin Faulk, based on his involvement in the passing game.

4Will there be only one starting QB in Denver this year?

It's really Orton's job to lose, if healthy he'll get all the starting assignments.

5will Owen Daniels pick up where he left off? Or will he not reach what he did in the past.

Coming off a knee injury is not a good thing. It will be tough for him to match his start of last season. A 50+ reception season would be great.

6Who has a better chance of playing more games this season
Ronnie Brown
Felix Jones
Ahmad Bradshaw

I like Felix Jones this season, he adds more speed to the Cowboy's running game and jI see his opportunities increasing.

7 will Jacoby Jones take over at WR #2 by mid season or sooner?

I'm not sure if he will take over as the starter opposite Andre Johnson by mid season or not. But, the Texans didn't give Kevin Walter big off season money to sit on the bench.

8 Who do you like better for this year, Jordy Nelson or James Jones?

At this point I would give the edge to Jordy Nelson as being the No. 3 WR for the Packers. James Jones is in the mix, but I like Nelson at this point.

9 Thoughts on Wes Welker and Edelman

It was expected that Welker was going to start camp on the PUP, but to many of us it was a surprise he wasn't. He's looking fine in camp so far. If he continues, I like his fantasy value which drops Edelman's value.

ty in advance

estreet12

Post by estreet12 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:53 am

Originally posted by Rob B:
You are on the clock with the 6th pick and the following players are now gone: CJ, Rice, MJD, AP, AJ

Who would you take 6th and why?

At this point I would be looking RB and would look Frank Gore's way. He's looking early in camp and appears healthy. I like the fact that he is the workhorse and is involved in the passing game.

So now you've picked 6th in the first round, name 3 players you would target or hope to choose from in the 2nd?

Calvin Johnson/WR/DET
Brandon Marshall/WR/MIA
Ryan Mathews/RB/SD

-----------

In this format, when would you target a QB or TE?

Personally I would be looking QB late 3rd, early 4th round. For a TE, depending on who was available, Gates...? early 6th

What is your favorite fantasy sports format? Live Drafts, salary cap, daily/weekly games, other?

I always have liked Live Drafts, I have more fun with that format.

Do you play High Stakes FF? How have you performed (list accomplishments)?

I've been playing High Stakes games for the past three years and have been in the money twice.

How many leagues will you play in this year? I hope not as many as in the past. In recent years my brother Dan and I would be in 10-15 per season, way too many.

Name one breakout player at each skill position?

Tough one here...
QB - Matt Schaub/ HOU
RB - Beanie Wells/ ARZ
WR - Mike Sims-Walker/JAX
TE - Zach Miller/ OAK

One perceived stud at each position that will not live up to the hype this year? QB - Jay Cutler
RB - Pierre Thomas/NO
WR - Sidney Rice/ MIN
TE - Kellen Winslow/ TB

estreet12

Post by estreet12 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:55 am

Originally posted by FAST MONEY:
Given the 3RR draft format in the NFFC what is your preferred draft order (1-14) and why?

Thanks I've always like a middle round pick so the 3RR draft format doesn't hurt me one way or another

estreet12

Post by estreet12 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:59 am

Originally posted by GK:
...Kelly, why can't Carson Palmer be a Top 5 QB IF healthy this year?...GK Obviously I like what the Bengals have done on offense with TO, Bryant and Gresham. Palmer could be a top 5 QB as far as value is concerned, but the elbow could still be an issue. Ok, if healthy...I like his potential value, but I could probably pick him up as a mid-level QB1.

estreet12

Post by estreet12 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:03 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Kelly, let's say for the sake of discussion neither Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, MJD or Ray Rice finish as the No. 1 running back in fantasy. Who would be your home run pick to take that spot? Tom-

It's really not hard for me to see Frank Gore moving into that spot. I like the 49ers offensive line and Gore's involvement in the passing game is a plus too.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Kelly,

thanks for taking the time today with the responses and welcome to the mix.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King