What's The Future Of Thursday Night Football?

Greg Ambrosius

Re: What's The Future Of Thursday Night Football?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:47 pm

RC Techies wrote:lets hope somebody is listening out there. Please get rid of Thursday night football. I know that as both a football fan and a fantasy player I hate Thursday night football. Enjoyed fantasy football a lot more when I did my free agent bids on Friday nights instead of Wednesday nights.

However, I expect the trend to continue in the other direction. How long before the NFL expands its games outside of the US to include new teams. Can see these games being played on Saturday or Friday nights.

I don't plan to watch the Thursday night game as I have no players on either side. Thank god for that. I can actually spend my Thursday night doing something productive with the family and not feel guilty. For the rest of you that have to suffer through watching San Fran and the Rams, good luck.
Agreed, the biggest detriment to fantasy football with the advent of Thursday Night Football is two FAAB periods, including one on Wednesday night. Wish we had just one FAAB on Friday night.

NFL Saturday Night Football rather than Thursday Night Football. Let's push for it!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:02 pm

I've contemplated that maybe we need a massive social media blitz in which we let the NFL know that thousands of NFL fans will be boycotting Thurs. Night Football. It would take something of that magnitude, IMO, to get their attention.

But until they use something like Nielsen or other ratings and actually SEE their viewership fall, they'll just keep cashing their checks from advertising and not give a damn about the terrible product they parade out to us. :roll:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Sandman62 wrote:I've contemplated that maybe we need a massive social media blitz in which we let the NFL know that thousands of NFL fans will be boycotting Thurs. Night Football. It would take something of that magnitude, IMO, to get their attention.

But until they use something like Nielsen or other ratings and actually SEE their viewership fall, they'll just keep cashing their checks from advertising and not give a damn about the terrible product they parade out to us. :roll:
Agreed, but don't you think ratings would be even higher on Saturday Night? And don't tell me the NFL cares about stepping on the toes of college football.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:31 pm

I'm not sure. Is it just college football to compete with on Saturdays? Or would some of our spouses draw the line on a popular date night? :o

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:05 pm

Wow. This sure is a great game tonight!! :D

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:10 pm

Sandman62 wrote:Wow. This sure is a great game tonight!! :D
Who would have thought that it would take a SF/LA matchup for us to see an offensive explosion.....

Wayne

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:41 am

What was that about bad Thursday night games?

Unfortunately I flipped the game off at halftime, but it was a classic.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:55 am

What a game, I actually was rooting for the two point conversion to be made so we could get OT! I mean rooting for extra time with the Rams/Niners?! What is the world coming too...
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:27 am

Let's give some credit to the two young head coaches, who showed some innovation on offense during a short-week. Maybe the young kids do know what they're talking about. And seeing an NFL head coach sitting on the Gatorade bucket designing plays while his defense is on the field is definitely something you wouldn't see Tom Landry do, but I found it kind of refreshing!! :D

Now let's see if the London game can match in excitement Sunday morning. :shock:

RC Techies

Post by RC Techies » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:34 am

I skip watching the Thursday night game and see what happens. Everybody with fantasy players on San Fran and the Rams owes me a big one. Unfortunately, I will be watching next Thursday's game between Packers and Bears. So expect the usual boring game.