Peter Schoenke Live Chat, Tuesday, 2 PM ET

OrCal Crapshooters

Post by OrCal Crapshooters » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:14 am

Peter, What do you see happening with the Bengals passing game this year. Is Coles a factor ? Is Benson the man in the backfield ?

Thanks

Mark

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:17 am

Hey Peter, what's your take on Joseph Addai? Is he becoming a value pick or is the memory of the past two years of disappointment leading you to stay away?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

schoenke

Post by schoenke » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:22 am

Raiders - I very much like the back half of the draft. I had a high KDS pick in a league and took 12th (13th and 14th were taken along with 1st and 3rd). I've seen studies that show 12th isn't the best spot for KDS, but I think this year that range is great. There are about 14 backs I'm happy to have as my RB1 this year. So with a 12 pick and 17 pick in snake dafts or 12, 17 and 31 in 3RR - I feel I can get a top back plus a top 3-5 WR or 2 of the top WRs in many scenarios.

Pats_12 - Along those lines, there are some RBs I'd take in the lower half of hte draft and then go WR-WR with my next two picks. I wouldn't let Westbrook go past 12-14 in a draft. But in most scenrio's I'm probably going WR-WR-RB or WR-RB-WR. In our 14-team staff league (no 3RR) I took Ryan Grant in the second round (26 overall). I started Forte-Grant. I felt Grant was too good to pass up. But this was a league where everyone went WR early. (9 WRs went in the first 20 picks) so I felt like I needed to zag the other way.

here's that draft: http://rotosynthesis.rotowire.com/defau ... splay=1258

And I felt fine with that despite taking Grant a little early. Getting Roddy White and Whitten I think helped even though my WR3 and WR depth is weak on that team.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:22 am

Pete... give me your best value at...
QB?
RB?
WR?
TE?

TIA
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

schoenke

Post by schoenke » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:25 am

OrCal Crapshooters - I see the Bengals passing game rebounding this year just because how could it be much worse and they'll have better luck with health. But in general I'm staying away from the Cincy offense. Everyone still says "Palmer!" "OchoCinco!" But they've really sucked the past two years. I need big discounts to get involved. I'm not sold on Cedric Benson or the running game.

OrCal Crapshooters

Post by OrCal Crapshooters » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:29 am

Peter

What are your favorite drafting slots in a 12 team league ? 3rr.

schoenke

Post by schoenke » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:30 am

John z - Best values I've been seeing in my leagues (given a limited sample size of about 8 drafts so far):

QB - Schaub or McNabb in the less-savvy leagues - going bottom of top 10 in QBs.
RB - Pierre Thomas in less savy leagues. Ryan Grant in savvy league - he's in the "he's so overrated, he's underrated" territory.
WR - Wayne in less savvy leagues. He really could be the No. 1 overall fantasy WR at the end of the season. He's a guy I'm hoping I can get in the 2nd round in my leagues (shhhh!)

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:31 am

What's your KDS list for NFFC Main?
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

schoenke

Post by schoenke » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:32 am

Tom - I actually cover the Colts for RotoWire. I watch every minute they play all year since my wife is a big Colts fan. I'm very down on Addai. I see him becoming a 3rd-down back.

There was a great debate in Indy last year over the poor running game. Was it Addai or was it the banged up O-line?

I think when Bill Polian took a RB in the first round, he gave his answer on that question. And I think that will play out to the negative for Addai's fantasy value.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:34 am

Hi Peter:

If you could pick any QB for

(a) one play
(b) one game
(c) one season

who would he/they be?