Combined Standings

bobsgym13

Combined Standings

Post by bobsgym13 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:56 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
Greg or Tom...the Combined Standings are now posted, but they aren't accurate. For example, I don't think that Dave Gerczak, the fine player that he is, scored a combined 440 points in the two Main Events.

Thanks in advance for looking into this. We're on it. I think I know what happened with Dave's total, so I'll send to STATS and get this updated ASAP. We'll get this one right and post the right standings here.
[/QUOTE]Dave has 2 Primetime teams.
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Greg Ambrosius

Combined Standings

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:57 am

Originally posted by ClarkOlson:
Just noticed that I'm not showing up in the combined standings... I'll tell STATS Clark. If anyone else isn't showing up, let me know and I'll get you added. Sorry about that.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Shrink Attack

Combined Standings

Post by Shrink Attack » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:44 pm

Originally posted by Bob Squad:
Dave has 2 Primetime teams.

Greg...if this is true, how would this be resolved? It wouldn't be fair if any owners who had multiple teams in either Main Event would then able to choose their "best" team(s) in the combined standings rankings. It would seem more appropriate that the "weakest" team(s) would have to be used in these rankings.

Also...in the Combined Standings Julian Curry has 505 points...just pointing it out in order to help resolve the problem.

Thanks again for your excellent customer service, as always.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Sandman62

Combined Standings

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Is there an additional prize for the Combined?

The Franchise

Combined Standings

Post by The Franchise » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:11 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by ClarkOlson:
Just noticed that I'm not showing up in the combined standings... I'll tell STATS Clark. If anyone else isn't showing up, let me know and I'll get you added. Sorry about that. [/QUOTE]Hi Greg-- I'm also missing from the combined standings. Thank you
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Shrink Attack

Combined Standings

Post by Shrink Attack » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:12 pm

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Is there an additional prize for the Combined? Yes, there is. I can't remember exactly what that prize is, but there is one.

flex

Combined Standings

Post by flex » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:14 am

When will we be able to view the standings for each league? As of now we can only view 2008 and older.

Greg Ambrosius

Combined Standings

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:07 am

Originally posted by flex:
When will we be able to view the standings for each league? As of now we can only view 2008 and older. From STATS: 2009 leagues are in the drop-down for standings, but were out of order. We moved to the top so they should be easily accessible now.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Sandman62

Combined Standings

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:34 am

Greg,

What is the prize for Combined winner(s)?

Shrink Attack

Combined Standings

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:58 am

Greg...first of all, thanks for fixing the Combined Standings rankings. They look accurate now.

Secondly, though, it seems unfair to me that Owners who have multiple teams in either one of the Main Events are being allowed to use their "best" scores when considering these rankings. For example, Dave Gerczak (who is a fine player and who has done absolutely nothing wrong here) has one Classic Team and two Primetime teams. In the current Combined Standings, his ranking is based on combining his Classic score with the better of his two Primetime scores. This doesn't seem right to me, since it puts Dave at a competitive advantage over the rest of the field. Again, this is nothing against Dave Gerczak personally. I'm just using this situation as an example to generate discussion about this issue.

What also makes it unfair is that if an Owner wants to draft two teams in one Main Event, then realistically this is an option open only to phone drafters. Live drafters probably couldn't do this unless they literally run back and forth between draft tables or, in an even worse scenario, an Owner "bankrolls" multiple other people to draft live for him under his own name, allowing him to enter 5, 10 or even 20 teams in one Main Event.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.