RotoWorld's Gregg Rosenthal Will Chat Here On Friday At 2 PM EST

greggr

Post by greggr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:07 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Tom i will put my questions in now for greg , will be working at 2.oo oclock.
Larry Johnson is all over the board , ive seen him ranked 2nd and saw mr. Ambrosius steal him very late in the second round in a draft. Where do you have LJ.
Ive also seen Santoni Holmes in the late 3rd round and in the 6th round. What do you have Holmes and think he can do or not do this year. thanks Eddie G I have LJ late second/early third. I think he's an average back at this point on a terrible team. His amount of carries makes me put him that him.

I think Holmes is closer to late third than sixth. He's a guy who gets hurt in PPR leagues, but I have him in the fourth in standard leagues. I think he can go from very good to superstar.

greggr

Post by greggr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:09 am

Originally posted by fandango:
wow BOLDIN before a RB?

that guy is made of glass!

no way he make 12 starts.... Definitely an injury risk but he's played 12 games four out of five years, 16 twice, 14 once. He's money in PPR leagues, especially because I think Leinart likes the short stuff more - his speciality.

greggr

Post by greggr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:11 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hman83:
[QB] Do you think most drafters go overboard for the "Mike Martz effect" for Niners this year?

They will throw a lot, so some yards will follow. But what about the J.T. O'Sullivan effect? If all their WRS rotate and their QBs can't keep their job for long, how do you get consistent value? I just hope they can stay on the field more for Gore's sake. I'll say this - the offense can't get worse than '07. It just may take some time to get to competent.

greggr

Post by greggr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:13 am

Even with good health, do you believe Rookie RB's Matt Forte and Kevin Smith could do much more than 900 yds, 35 catches, 7 total td's given their weak Off. Lines?

Well that would be decent production. It's more than I expect out of Smith, who is a huge injury risk after 450 carries. I think Forte can do better, sure. I think you put a good over/under on his numbers, but he'll hit 250 carries if he stays healthy.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:13 am

Gregg, thanks for taking the time here...

Where do you have Andre Johnson going? Top 5WR? He seems like a very high risk/reward player. I don't believe he's ever finished in the top 10 WRs.

[ August 15, 2008, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: UltimateFFCheatsheets ]
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:14 am

Gregg, let the folks know what you have planned for the NFFC draft in New York on Saturday, Aug. 30th. I know you and Tiffany are going to be there to tape a Fantasy Fix show and we'll post that online afterwards and show the folks what the festivities look like at the NY Sheraton. I can't promise any good lucking folks for TV -- outside of Tiffany -- but if you need to do a Q&A after the draft or anything else let me know. I'm sure I can round up some folks for that. :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:15 am

Gregg, how would you rank the following QBs?

Schaub
V. Young
A. Rodgers
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

greggr

Post by greggr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:16 am

Originally posted by bmiller:
What are your opinions on the rookie QB's and who do you think has the best chance to make an impact this year with projections if possible (as minimal as that might be)? Ryan could put up 2500-2800 yards because it looks like he has a shot to start from Week 1. I liked Brohm the best ifhe got a chance to play because of the weapons around him, but he's had a tough camp. I think Joe Flacco will start roughly 5-6 games and struggle for this season. Chad Henne could be solid and should also get over 5 starts. Don't expect any rookie to have a positive TD/INT ratio until they prove otherwise.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:17 am

Gregg, I'm a BIG Packers' fan, so go easy here. After seeing Rodgers on Monday night, what are your projections for him in 2008 and do you think he can be a starting fantasy QB this year? Or is he just too risky to take a chance on outside of a backup fantasy job??

Also, predictions on what you think Favre will do this year in New York. I'm interested.

Finally, I see that ESPN is just in love with the Jets right now after acquiring Favre. Everywhere you look those guys are picking the Jets to make the playoffs after going 4-12. Is that really a playoff team this year?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:18 am

Everyone is a good deal at some price (almost everyone anyway).

Where do you think Javon Walker should be drafted ... and why?

Mike
Hakuna Matata!