Looking For Feedback On Main Event Doubleheader

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:13 pm

I know this was discussed, and the weekend is VERY expensive for hotels, but I STILL LOVE the idea of Atlantic City for the draft. I waited for months for draft day and it was GREAT talking with everyone in NY, but NOONE went out this year. If we were in A/C, there would be party time before and after the drafts. But this will not affect my decision for 2009. I saw someone mention Toronto. I may even consider driving there if you guys hold it there in 2009.

Until I win a nice paycheck, I will be sticking with the 12 team events. I like the 14 teamer a lot, but I just don't have an endless supply of money to play, and I feel I'm stronger in the 12 teamers. On top of that, again, if I don't take home a nice check this year, I will have to re-evaluate my entire hobby of fantasy football, and if the NBC 12 Team Event isn't at a lower price, I may have to bow out of the Main Events altogether from here on in. $650 Maybe? Just an idea. You guys KNOW I will never quit the auctions, even if I have to return bottles all year to pay for the draft...lol...I loves me some AUCTION!

An online contest would definitely be my cup of tea for 2009. $250 range sounds nice. Not only would it be great for everyone to be in an online championship and have a shot at a $20,000+ Grand Prize, but for $250, you'll get a solid look at ADP's for the Main Event.

I believe the online drafts should be isolated from the live drafts. Not combined.

I know this wasn't mentioned, but in my opinion, you guys should try everything possible not to have a phone drafter in the live auction from here on in.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:47 pm

Unless I win a satellite, I will never be able to afford the Main Events, as fun as they sound. The only thing I've ever considered was a 650$ auction. Love the auctions.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:52 pm

Toronto sounds nice but it totaly takes the southest part of the usa out of the picture. memphis keeps that part of the states alive.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:22 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
[QB]
1. Was the 3+ hour time inbetween main events just right, too long or too short? I'd imagine it was too long for every city but Vegas.

2. Was the $1,300 cost for each main event just right or too high? Should we keep one of the events at $1,300 and one lower? $1330 for NFFC and $750 for NBC is perfect! Catch more main stream players with the lower fee and then turn them onto the 14-teamer.

4. If we stick with four cities, which city do you believe makes the most sense for 2009? And why? I'd have no desire to visit a 4th city that doesn't include Florida or New Orleans.

6. Is expanding online an okay option for NFFC participants? Again, why or why not? Yes, I would definitely expand online. I participated in an online draft with a competitor and the league was very competitive. I don't see a difference between online and live in terms of competition.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:30 pm

how could you even consider new orleans that time of year. never will happen.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:41 pm

1. Was the 3+ hour time inbetween main events just right, too long or too short? Why or why not? Well I was in Vegas, and relaxed and got a bite to eat in between. Honestly, I could stand there looking at draft boards for hours, so 3 hours is fine by me no matter what city I am in.

2. Was the $1,300 cost for each main event just right or too high? Should we keep one of the events at $1,300 and one lower? If lower, at what price point (keeping in mind that it would then affect the overall prize structure)? $750 or $1,000 would be options I'd consider unless convinced otherwise. I wouldn't mind the NBC 12 teamer being lower, but I think $1,300 is a fair price for the 14 teamer. I did WCOFF this past weekend, and I can honestly say that you guys have NOTHING to worry about as far as customer service goes. The people working the WCOFF and their customer service is some of the worst I have ever experienced. People just need to experience the NFFC/NBC and they will stay. A smaller entry fee for the 12 teamer might help. DON'T LOWER THE NFFC 14 TEAMER, THAT IS YOUR "BREAD AND BUTTER", AND IT IS WHAT MAKES THE NFFC UNIQUE!!!!

3. If one of the events went to a lower price point, which one would you choose: NFFC Primetime (14 teams) or NFFC Classic (12 teams)? Why would you choose that one over the other main event? No question that the NBC 12 team should be lower. 14 teams is what makes the NFFC unique, and to lower that would be devastating to your contest IMO. Again, get all the pissed off people from WCOFF with a lower entry fee to give them "a taste", and then they will be hooked on the 14 teamer also.

4. We have exhausted our efforts to host live events in Florida for football, I believe. New Orleans was No. 1 on my list before Hurricane Gustav followed Hurricane Katrina and now that just doesn't seem like a feasible option. If we stick with four cities, which city do you believe makes the most sense for 2009? And why?
I would say Atlanta. Major city in the south, easily accesible by air, and the nightlife and things to do are better than Chicago, and probably on par (or better) than NYC.

5. I'd like to find a suitable time for an NFFC Super League because I believe folks will compete in that format, but this year we shoved it in at a rough time on Sunday afternoon. Would Saturday night be an option or is that too much in one day? Would starting the NFFC Ultimate at 9 a.m. PST and the Super at noon be too much in one day?? Barring a lack of funds, I will DEFINITELY be in a 14 team Super with the total points playoffs in 2009. Anytime early on Sunday would work, and if you started at 8:00 AM eastern, I would be there! :D

6. The phone option that we offered this year with MockDraftCentral.com worked well as we hosted two NBC leagues with folks on the phone and the league available online as well. By allowing owners to voice their picks, there were no issues with picking wrong players online or time-out issues or computer glitches. This is a format we may consider in the future as well with travel costs likely to be high again next year. Is expanding online an okay option for NFFC participants? Again, why or why not? It is fine by me, and offering an online option that drafts the same time as one of the Main events only brings in more people IMO.

[ September 10, 2008, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:06 pm

1. Was the 3+ hour time in between main events just right, too long or too short? From an operational standpoint we need at least 5 hours between the start time of the two events, but was 6 hours the appropriate timeframe? Why or why not?
3 hours was just right for being in Vegas

2. Was the $1,300 cost for each main event just right or too high? Should we keep one of the events at $1,300 and one lower? If lower, at what price point (keeping in mind that it would then affect the overall prize structure)? $750 or $1,000 would be options I'd consider unless convinced otherwise.
$1,300 and $700 = even $2,000

3. If one of the events went to a lower price point, which one would you choose: NFFC Primetime (14 teams) or NFFC Classic (12 teams)? Why would you choose that one over the other main event?
if i was only going to play one event, i'd choose the 12 teamer. hence the 12 teamer should be more money. you have a wider customer base to fill that up

4. We have exhausted our efforts to host live events in Florida for football, I believe. New Orleans was No. 1 on my list before Hurricane Gustav followed Hurricane Katrina and now that just doesn't seem like a feasible option. If we stick with four cities, which city do you believe makes the most sense for 2009? And why?
stick with 3 cities at the most. Vegas, NY, Chicago. i can't see how it's cost effective to run a city with such a limited amount of participants as florida
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:11 pm

I'll chime in one one issue. city location

this year i did do the vegas event, but i really think you guys would benefit to do an atlantic city location rather then NYCity.

the weekend after i went to the wcoff event and rotobowl event.. there were alot of people at both events which were going on at the same time.. that tells me there are a lot of people in the PA, NJ and NYC area that will come to AC. im not crazy about New York, i just think AC is a bigger draw and thats the goal isnt' it. Mike Weber
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:19 pm

1. Was the 3+ hour time inbetween main events just right, too long or too short? From an operational standpoint we need at least 5 hours between the start time of the two events, but was 6 hours the appropriate timeframe? Why or why not?
In NY 3 hours was perfect. It was great to chill after the draft, grab dinner then chill before the draft. The Sheraton had ample seating in the lobby with good wireless.

2. Was the $1,300 cost for each main event just right or too high? Should we keep one of the events at $1,300 and one lower? If lower, at what price point (keeping in mind that it would then affect the overall prize structure)? $750 or $1,000 would be options I'd consider unless convinced otherwise. [Big Grin] Keep them both $1300. Don't make one the redheaded step sister of the other. The 12team with KDS 3RR and 6pt QB TD makes this 12 team draft stand out from the others. As a premier high stakes event you must keep the top prize 100k.

6. The phone option that we offered this year with MockDraftCentral.com worked well as we hosted two NBC leagues with folks on the phone and the league available online as well. By allowing owners to voice their picks, there were no issues with picking wrong players online or time-out issues or computer glitches. This is a format we may consider in the future as well with travel costs likely to be high again next year. Is expanding online an okay option for NFFC participants? Again, why or why not?
Tough call. It's a good way to add bodies to the event and bring a high stakes draft to the folks who can't travel or don't have the budget to. Can the randomness of the draw be maintained with the phone alone leagues ?