August 14th DC Auction Team Analysis

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:21 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
I haven't wanted to look today, but here is the disaster ...

QB: Kitna * Roethlisberger * Frye

RB: M Jones-Drew * L White * W Dunn * L Jordan * D Rhodes * V Morency * B Leonard

WR: Colston * L Evans * T Glenn * I Bruce * D Boston * D Northcutt * B Stokley * A Lelie * J McCareins

TE: Crumpler * E Johnson * S Heiden

DEF: Dallas * Denver

K: Rackers * Gould KJ,

I wouldn't say that team is a "disaster".

You're VERY strong at QB.

RB could be an issue, but Warrick Dunn is ALWAYS underrated and you got the Oakland running game sewn up (for what it's worth! ;) )

Your top 2 WR's will produce, but you will need help for a consistent 3rd WR as Terry Glenn is already banged up.

TE's are nice. Crumpler of course needs to stay healthy, but E.Johnson has upside, and S.Heiden will be top 10 if "soldier" can't play.

Kickers and defense are right up there with anyone (and at least you got 2 defenses! )

I'm betting you are in the top 1/2 of this league.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:25 pm

This IS a challenging format, as people who have done JUST auctions, or JUST DC's really can't see.

So many different ways to build a team in this one. What I like is you obviously have to build it much different than a standard auction, but you would never end up picking these players in their respective rounds in a regular DC.

I am pretty happy with my team. I really wanted Leon Washington to protect Thomas Jones, but other than that, I can definitely go to battle with this team.

QB- Marc Bulger $17
Matt Schaub $6
Joey Harrington $4
Gus Frerotte $1

RB- Rudi Johnson $41
Thomas Jones $25
Adrian Peterson $6
Ron Dayne $3
Garrett Wolfe $2
TJ Duckett $1
Kenny Watson $1

WR- Anquan Boldin $22
Plaxico Burress $15
Braylon Edwards $14
Darrell Jackson $13
Dwayne Jarrett $3
Joe Jurevicious $2
Marty Booker $2
A. Randle El $1

TE- Chris Cooley $11
Marcus Pollard $2

K- Jeff Wilkins $4
John Kasay $3

D- San Diego $5
Jacksonville $5
Washington $1

[ August 15, 2007, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:53 pm

Nice team BillyWaz, I like Coltsfan as well, boutrous is a very solid team as well if his TE's can produce anything. Just two cents worth of nothing, LOL

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:11 pm

Billywaz,

I thought you had one of the 2-3 best teams. If I would have done anything different I would have spent 4-5 less dollars at kickers and defense and bought a competitive RB3 with upside or else upgraded WR5 and WR6. If you added Isaac Bruce at WR5 and and Welker at WR6 this would enhance the team - imho. But it is very well done.

I just can't imagine some of the other teams with no depth competing unless there are significant injuries and their bench players become starters. But this is what makes this format more fun than the rest. So many possibilities and plus you don't have to manage it!

Wayne

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:50 pm

Thanks Hardheads and ColtsFan!

I agree Wayne as I didn't have me spending $11 on 3 defenses, but getting 2 solid one's in San Diego and Jacksonville, I can't complain (Denver and Dallas each went for $1 more I believe). Currently not having a good #3 RB is my achilles heel, but I have faith that I will be OK there by midseason or sooner.

I would have liked to get another "nice" WR, but my top 4 are nice, and all of my other WR's (not Jarrett...YET!) are starters on their respective teams so at least they will be "on the field".

You drafted a nice team also Wayne. Lots of "potentials" at WR, and I like the "2 TE angle".

Both the leagues we did should be a lot of fun! :D

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:51 pm

bill - i tried to call u, but no pickup....nice team this time around.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:03 pm

It held up well snake. I used firefox and didn't get kicked out once. A few people were booted, but we didn't have any major problems like the last time. I am not sure what I think of my team. I love my starters, but depth could be a concern.
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:13 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...simply curious here but how did FantasyAuctioneer.com hold up this time around?...any freezeouts/KO's or Ahman Green fiascos?...SNAKE As Big Mo said "no major fiascos". One owner got bumped early and it took about 10 minutes to recover, but other than that, it was smooth.

Finished 1 hour and 15 minutes quicker than the first one.

Probably had to do something with the commissioner! ;) JK!

Saw you drafted from the 12 hole tonight Snake.

How did that go?