What Happened With KDS On Sunday?

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:59 am

Greg & Tom: I have found in life that the best thing to do after a mistake is own up to it, take responsibility, and correct the situation. (Michael Vick, take note). People are much more willing to forgive and forget a mistake when you do this. So I appreciate your forthrightness and willingness to accept responsibility.

Now let's draft!

[ August 28, 2007, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: bald is beautiful ]

renman

Post by renman » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:09 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
This is actually very interesting ... This process should actually sell KDS as I am betting 70% to 80% of the players will like their new draft choice better (early christmas) than their old spot.

The spot everyone had was random (kind of what would have been without preferences) ... the new spots will be more preference (KDS) oriented.

The lengths you guys go to to sell a concept is amazing! This is a great post and I could not agree more. I also would say that you guys wont take much "heat" for this as Tom sort of implied. I am sure this inconvenienced a few people slightly who began preparing for a certain draft spot... I am sure it will leave SOME unhappy who may have been moved from a position they prefered to something less appealing (others might be happier). However it is quite clear this is a normal mistake that should be expected from time to time and how the mistake was handled is what should be highlighted.

Great job.. great service... LETS DRAFT...

jbeauch

Post by jbeauch » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:33 am

Thanks for getting it right. I'm liking my pick better today. BUT, I got to tell you I almost did not even look at the email since I received one yesterday with the same title. You may want to title the email NEW DRAFT SPOTS - PLEASE LOOK.

I'm loving an increase to the top prize in the future.

Thanks for the hard work to fix the situation.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:40 am

while, no one likes to see mistakes being made, at least everyone now has the slots they were supposed to get.

this is minor on the screwup list (as compared to the wcoff bidding debacle last year).
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:48 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
while, no one likes to see mistakes being made, at least everyone now has the slots they were supposed to get.

this is minor on the screwup list (as compared to the wcoff bidding debacle last year). You're kidding, right?
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:53 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

this is minor on the screwup list (as compared to the wcoff bidding debacle last year). You're kidding, right?
[/QUOTE]no kidding needed. greg/tom corrected a mistake before anything was run. so people mocked for a day and a half with possibly the wrong slot. big whoop. that registers maybe a 1 or 2 out of 10 on my fantasy football mistake reader.

wcoff allowing bids processed at 8am, as opposed to the 8pm as noted in the rules, was a lose-lose situation.

at least with greg's solution, everyone got the pick they were supposed to get.

thanks

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:57 am

Gekk...you think that top 5 WR will come back to you @ 21 ? ;)
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:58 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by 4D:

[/QUOTE]no kidding needed. greg/tom corrected a mistake before anything was run. so people mocked for a day and a half with possibly the wrong slot. big whoop. that registers maybe a 1 or 2 out of 10 on my fantasy football mistake reader.

wcoff allowing bids processed at 8am, as opposed to the 8pm as noted in the rules, was a lose-lose situation.

thanks
[/QUOTE]You're kidding, right?
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:01 am

Originally posted by FI$HER:
Gekk...you think that top 5 WR will come back to you @ 21 ? ;) it's funny, i have a couple guys to choose from. QB/RB/WR all come into play. being in the middle of the draft is advantagous to catching value plays. but, i believe i'll be passing on gates. i believe he will be there in the third. 60/40 that he's there.

if i were you, i'd be more concerned with having one of the top 9 rb's fall to you in the first round. you better get the wr-wr strategy ready. seriously.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:06 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by 4D:

thanks
[/QUOTE]You're kidding, right?
[/QUOTE]no kidding. thanks.