$120 NFFC Hold 'Em Post-Season Contest Signup List

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:35 am

Originally posted by Liddi1:
How many teams are in the 120 dollar league? It says 31 right now, but there's probably about 40. Just not upodated yet. The same thing happens every year. Greg and Tom spend all night tonight and all morning tomorrow with last minute signups. They ended up with 160 signups last year...30 more than they anticipated.

I guarantee that by tonight/tomorrow morning, you'll see a huge increase in signups.

I run a few events myself, and let me tell you, EVERY year, the biggest push of signups come at the last possible moment.

Hope this helps.

Marc
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:38 am

Originally posted by Mike Costaglio:
Rules listed for "D" on 911 web site:

DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS:

1 point for every sack
2 points for every interception or opponents' fumble recovery
6 points for every touchdown (interception return, defensive fumble return, punt or kickoff return, blocked field goal return, blocked punt return). All special teams and defensive points are awarded to the team responsible, not the individual player. Should a kicker, punter or field goal holder throw a pass off a fake attempt, however, the offensive output for that offensive play would go towards the individual player, not the specials team. Also, any lost fumble or “muff” on a specials team play does not result in negative points for that individual player.
2 points for every safety
12 points for a shutout by the entire team
8 points for allowing 2-7 points by the entire team
4 points for allowing 8-12 points by the entire team
2 points for allowing 13-17 points by the entire team

Rules for "D" listed here (Greg):

DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS:
• 1 point for every sack
• 2 points for every interception or opponents' fumble recovery
• 6 points for every touchdown (interception return, defensive fumble return, punt or kickoff return, blocked field goal return, blocked punt return). All special teams and defensive points are awarded to the team responsible, not the individual player. Should a kicker, punter or field goal holder throw a pass off a fake attempt, however, the offensive output for that offensive play would go towards the individual player, not the specials team. Also, any lost fumble or “muff” on a specials team play does not result in negative points for that individual player.
• 2 points for every safety
• 6 points for a shutout by the entire team
• 3 points for allowing 2-7 points by the entire team

Which one is correct? Good catch Mike. The rules on the Fantasy911.com web site are correct and I've changed each of the threads here. We are using all NFFC scoring including the current defensive scoring shown in the Fantasy911.com rules. I must have copied and pasted an old file when I first did that here on the the boards. Sorry.

But they're right now, so good luck all. Give those defenses some credit because they could score big in the playoffs. Good luck all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:58 am

As of this morning we have 39 teams officially signed up and rosters entered for the $120 NFFC Hold 'Em Post-Season Contest with a goal of reaching 130. The first 130 teams are guaranteed a spot in this contest. Sign up now at www.fantasy911.com if you want a shot at the $10,000 first prize. Thanks all.

If anyone has trouble signing up, contact me at [email protected] or Tom Hatfield at [email protected]. Thanks and good luck all. Entry deadline is five minutes before the kickoff of Saturday's first playoff game or at approximately 4:25 ET.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:03 am

Hi Greg, I dont see my name on the list for the 120. I believe I entered it about a week ago along with the 250 and two 60 teams. I know on the 911 site it shows that I have 4 teams. Can you double check when you get a moment.

Thanks
Paul

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:20 am

Originally posted by Highlander:
Hi Greg, I dont see my name on the list for the 120. I believe I entered it about a week ago along with the 250 and two 60 teams. I know on the 911 site it shows that I have 4 teams. Can you double check when you get a moment.

Thanks
Paul Got it Paul. You're good to go and your teams have been there since Wednesday. My bad. My lists above are not totally accurate as it's hard to double-check on the site, but I'm doing the best I can. When all signups are in I'll have the final list for sure. Now I'm doing it on the fly.

We're at 45 for the $120 event now and adding more soon. It looks like most of the guys from the $250 are taking another team or two here and several folks have money in their accounts but haven't set their lineups yet. I post the names once the lineups are in, so we're in good shape. But don't make me work so hard tomorrow; get your entries in tonight!! :D Good luck all, we're going to have some fun with this contest.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:39 am

We're at 56 teams now and more are on the way. Let's fill this baby up. Set your starting lineups now.

C'mon, isn't anyone going to tell me who they predict will reach the Super Bowl? And which player will lead that team all the way?? :D

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:05 pm

I'm in Greg!

(as always)

[email protected]
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:46 pm

Okay, we start the morning with 71 teams officially locked and loaded for the $120 NFFC Post-Season contest. That leaves us with 59 spots. We've added 40 teams in the last 24 hours, so let's keep it going right up until kickoff to day's 4:30 ET game and fill this one up. Who wants to win the $10,000 grand prize when the Super Bowl concludes?

Sign up online at www.fantasy911.com or email me at [email protected] if you want us to run your credit card. Thanks all and best of luck. This should be a BLAST with the progressive scoring setup.