Since FWP is out Sunday Night...

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:40 pm

Originally posted by Mankind:
He may get the early nod and unless he goes off (which I doubt) then it should be MM for the duration.

People playing Mendy will be highly disappointed IMO.

Ummmn me thinks you whiffed on this one..I rode the Mendy express tonight along with 49ers D for $7.... With a wiffle bat! :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

renman

Post by renman » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:40 am

I am not saying this as a second guess because anyone can see that I started Mendenhall in 2 leagues. I just get amazed by how media hype controls how a player is valued. Mendenhall was a 1st round draft pick with incredible talent coming out of Illinois. Has he fumbled some since joining the Steelers? Sure. Did he get hurt in a way that would delay is progress in the offense? Sure. Is there a capable veteren in place standing in his way (FWP)? Sure.

But some people, including some on national fantasy info sites, talked about Mendenhall like he was a bum.. a bust.. It boggled my mind. Now I know it was only one game... I know it was vs a vulnerable defense.. but keep in mind the Steelers offensive line is below average too.

M. Moore had a decent game in week 1 because the Steelers went into the hurry up package and that is where Moore shines. I think people somehow interpreted that as him being the best back on the team. Mendenhall is the most talented by 10 miles. He now just needs to be more prepared and professional.

renman

Post by renman » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:33 am

Gk,

It might very well be. However there may not be many RB performances from ANY RB in the NFL that good again. The point I was making is that people so quickly snap judge players as being bums and busts or studs and steals over a limited period of time or based on media hype.

botherk

Post by botherk » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:35 pm

The average life of a running back is five years.
I don't mean they play at five years old, that would be a record, but five years of experience. The time does go quickly and Tomlinson has existed longer than the average.
Everybody here is a football expert...oh wait "football expert", for some reason that has to be in quotes. Every fan that is hooked on a team or fantasy team is a foo..."football expert". Just ask them.
Most everyone out of San Diego believes that LT is done, if that is a case that has to be made, so be it.Foot..."Football experts" believe that LT is done. I will stipulate to that.
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz