Magazine Leagues Draft Orders

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:21 am

I'd like to get in the Classic.
If anyone wants to take the last available auction slot, I would take their Classic draft spot.
Thanks,
dc

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:51 am

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
However...if I am as bad as King of Queens suspects...that should actually help me! LOL. Looking forward to it! Not bad, just...different

If you believe that taking a defense in the 9th round is part of a sound draft plan, then more power to you.

Looking forward to once again being surprised! :D

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:28 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
Ooooch! Ochocinco that hurts! I got my last desired draft position (12 of 12). However...if I am as bad as King of Queens suspects...that should actually help me! LOL. Looking forward to it! Also, its real hard to complain about a free magazine draft regardless of the KDS draw. Better my 12th pick here than in the Primetime. Wayne, you sent your KDS preferences to Tom on Monday night after the league draft order had already been picked. We asked everyone to send them by Monday morning so that we could get this league set up and ready to go. Without a KDS from you, we went 1-12 as we do with anyone who doesn't submit a KDS and you got the second pick. Had you sent your list in on time, you would have gotten your second preference, the 12th pick.

It's ironic that 2 was the 12th preference on the list you sent, but this was one case where you were randomly picked high and had a chance to get your second preference. Please make sure going forward that you are able to get your preferences to us in time and all will be well.
[/QUOTE]Oops! Sorry. That explains it. Well, I'm off to a great start!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:37 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
However...if I am as bad as King of Queens suspects...that should actually help me! LOL. Looking forward to it! Not bad, just...different

If you believe that taking a defense in the 9th round is part of a sound draft plan, then more power to you.

Looking forward to once again being surprised! :D
[/QUOTE]Taking the defenses in the 9th and 10th rounds was more of a reaction to the draft situation as opposed to a plan. However, it is true that my primary draft strategy for this year remains "Irony". So, I do believe in doing the unexpected in order to enhance the ironic possibilities. Don't be surprised if I pass on an RB with the number 2 pick if AP is taken number 1. I might just give the magazine readers something new to talk about if given the situation is right.
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

renman

Post by renman » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:05 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
Mmmmm, got me a 100K sandwich.

Can't wait to see the KDS, I got my 6th choice, which leads me to believe others like the top half too. #4 was my first choice.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:59 am

Originally posted by Renman:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:

Can't wait to see the KDS, I got my 6th choice, which leads me to believe others like the top half too. #4 was my first choice.
[/QUOTE]I kinda like 4 in a 12 teamer. Forte could fall or you could gobble up Turner. You could also take the best WR and still get a decent RB coming back. Nice options.
@RedRyder

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:02 am

quote:Originally posted by Renman:

[/QUOTE]I kinda like 4 in a 12 teamer. Forte could fall or you could gobble up Turner. You could also take the best WR and still get a decent RB coming back. Nice options.
[/QUOTE]Jules, I took Fitz at 4 in a previous draft, and I feel my draft came out just fine. Just know who and when to take the value RB's and you're in there.

I can't believe I'm on my 4th draft already, and it's not even July. I love it!
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:21 am

Originally posted by Diesel Inc.:

[/QUOTE]Jules, I took Fitz at 4 in a previous draft, and I feel my draft came out just fine. Just know who and when to take the value RB's and you're in there.

[/QUOTE]Did you go Fitz/WR? or Fitz/RB?
@RedRyder

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:35 am

quote:Originally posted by Diesel Inc.:

[/QUOTE]Did you go Fitz/WR? or Fitz/RB?
[/QUOTE]Fitz/WR/WR.....DC League, so a lil different.

With the backs Marc has, there's going to be many weeks where both RB slots are scoring under 10 points......not enough upside RB selections IMO.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL