AUCTION TOURNAMENT 2008 LEAGUES

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:31 pm

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
I agree with the idea with the exception being that I do not think the Sats should be included. I think that only the teams drafted that Friday should be involved. This way everyone has the one team they drafted on the same day as everyone else kind of like the main event.

I would volunteer to take care of the stats over the final 3 weeks and create weekly reports. I agree with TCH here (for what that's worth). Too many variables in Satellites to put them up against a high-dollar Main Event-weekend draft.

$0.02
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:09 am

I agree with TCH here (for what that's worth). Not very much and probably not worth your 2c. ;)
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:13 pm

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
quote: I agree with TCH here (for what that's worth). Not very much and probably not worth your 2c. ;) [/QUOTE]Amen to that! :D

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:02 pm

- whats up with this?
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:18 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
quote:Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
I agree with the idea with the exception being that I do not think the Sats should be included. I think that only the teams drafted that Friday should be involved. This way everyone has the one team they drafted on the same day as everyone else kind of like the main event.

I would volunteer to take care of the stats over the final 3 weeks and create weekly reports. I agree with TCH here (for what that's worth). Too many variables in Satellites to put them up against a high-dollar Main Event-weekend draft.

$0.02
[/QUOTE]Agree 100% with this also. Satellites have no weight in any format (regular, auction, DC, etc.) versus the "live, more money events" of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of what I consider the GREATEST weekend of the year! :D

[ March 30, 2008, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:06 pm

- so you make the assumption that the sats are not as competitive???? more involved the more we can have as a money award for the auction tournament.. remember one thing guys. this is money that IS FOUND MONEY if you win the tournament.. bring in everyone.. at least for auction .. doesn't matter.. as long as we get something in place though.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:54 pm

Not sure if you were addressing just me Weber, but it is simply my opinion.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:01 am

In my opinion, the satellites are where people:

-Try different strategies
-Are less informed due to some are very early in the season
-Are more likely to have less skilled players, as I'm sure not everyone that does satellites, participates in the higher money leagues.

Letting satellite winners into the proposed auction playoffs would be the equivalent of doing the same with all satellites towards the Main Event playoffs.

If it doesn't make sense for one, then I don't feel it makes sense for the other.

I understand the desire to build the pot, but I wouldn't want my money from an ultra-competitive, Main Event weekend draft, to have to face someone who had some or all of the "perceived" advantages I listed above.

My $0.02

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:33 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
In my opinion, the satellites are where people:

-Try different strategies
-Are less informed due to some are very early in the season
-Are more likely to have less skilled players, as I'm sure not everyone that does satellites, participates in the higher money leagues.

3 excellent points Russ, but I agree with the first one the most.

As someone who does participate in many satellites, I know I DO try a few different things, that I would never do in the Main. However, when the lights come on the Main, that is where you need to have your "gameface" on, as your investment in the satellites is usually FAR less.

WHEN people draft (as Rob mentioned) is also a big factor IMO.