Earliest quitting team?

mattjb

Earliest quitting team?

Post by mattjb » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:35 pm

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
I'm pretty sure that team you refer to Matt might still outscore a few of my teams this week and I even set players that did play but for the most part were invisible...:/ they currently have 22.2 points so for your sake i hope not.

renman

Earliest quitting team?

Post by renman » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:52 am

I hope they haven't won a game thus far because if a team lost to them earlier in the season they are at a disadvantage compared to teams who will receive free wins vs him later.

Shame.

BillyWaz

Earliest quitting team?

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:29 pm

One year I had a guy the week before I played him leave Shaun Alexander and another important person in his lineup while they were on a bye. At the time it gave the #1 team a "free win".

The next week people got on him about it, so he made sure to field a full lineup. He played me that week, and beat me by 5 or 6 points (it was close).

I ended up TYING the guy he gave a win to for wins, and he beat me by 14 points, so he won the $5K, and I got $2500.

Worse thing was, the guy who didn't put in a lineup has a website which gives fantasy advice!!! :rolleyes:

fflmaster

Earliest quitting team?

Post by fflmaster » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:19 pm

Gee if we had a playoff structure I bet teams wouldn't quit after 4 weeks.

I will bet every team that has 4 losses after this week is just playing spoiler. Most teams if not all that have 3 losses is out as well. Sucks for teams already out of any money chances.

You will see a ton of teams this year not turning in lineups. This crazy season seems to have many many teams losing players to injury and causing a couple of losses knocks you out of the money.

[ October 10, 2011, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: fflmaster ]
its nice to be the master

mattjb

Earliest quitting team?

Post by mattjb » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Originally posted by fflmaster:

I will bet every team that has 4 losses after this week is just playing spoiler. Most teams if not all that have 3 losses is out as well. Sucks for teams already out of any money chances.

You will see a ton of teams this year not turning in lineups. This crazy season seems to have many many teams losing players to injury and causing a couple of losses knocks you out of the money. simply not true.

there is no team after 4 weeks that is out of contention in total points.

particra

Earliest quitting team?

Post by particra » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:34 pm

johnny raincloud preaching some nonsense

renman

Earliest quitting team?

Post by renman » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:54 pm

You will see a ton of teams this year not turning in lineups. This crazy season seems to have many many teams losing players to injury and causing a couple of losses knocks you out of the money. I would respectfully disagree. If the team with 4 losses has simply been unlucky but has a good team and is scoring well, they still have a chance via total points to cash or get into the playoffs...

if the team is poor in both total points and head to head should they be in the hunt for money anyway?

wayne123

Earliest quitting team?

Post by wayne123 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:55 pm

You will see a ton of teams this year not turning in lineups. This crazy season seems to have many many teams losing players to injury and causing a couple of losses knocks you out of the money.
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

wayne123

Earliest quitting team?

Post by wayne123 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:05 pm

I agree with the need for a playoff within each league. I could understand if this was College Fantasy Football...but we are watching the NFL. So, we should have a playoff that occurs during the "points race" section of the game (weeks 14-16). Top points and top record after week 13 should still get prizes, but, save a little for a large (perhaps 6 teams) playoff field for the league title. The league title prize could replace the third place team prize. So, the main point would remain to be on top at the end of the regular season...but the playoff system would keep more teams pushing and keep the fun going longer for more teams.
Finally, if you disagree with me about this...no problem...its just my opinion. I have not posted much in the last couple years because so many feel the need to slam those whom with they disagree about stuff like this (mainly the rules). This is really just an idea....agree or disagree I would like to see it discussed...but, please don't get angry. Cheers!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

BLACKHAND

Earliest quitting team?

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:56 am

this is what i hate the most in hsff. i have had my share of poor teams and fight to the end to climb up the standings. i can never understand a person with no pride and to throw your hands up in the air and give up.

why not increase entry fee 50 a team and make a full league playoff using your ave score for the season and have each team go for 700 bucks. even if a team is 400 pts ahead of you you are only 30pts in back of him. might keep all teams to try going for a 700 payout
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN