2011 NFFC Signup List For Live Events

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 03, 2011 2:28 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
Geez, Glenn. 9 for 9! I plan to play in the Ultimate and three Supers this year.

Probably not a financially sound decision, because as usual the path for me cashing out in any of these leagues must lead through Glenn first. ;)

Still waiting for that first KoQ "off-year"...not holding my breathe on that one. :cool:
[/QUOTE]I think Chad Schroeder is eyeing that 9-Pack that King of Queens has identified, so the road doesn't get any easier Paul!! :D But that's what makes this competition so much fun. If it was easy making money it wouldn't be any fun, would it? ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

renman

Post by renman » Tue May 03, 2011 2:52 pm

You can put me down for the Classic in NYC and Primetime. I may do the Primetime in NYC. I will update you on online entries and auction stuff later.

Glad to have the NFFC back if you know what I mean...

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed May 04, 2011 12:10 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
Geez, Glenn. 9 for 9! I plan to play in the Ultimate and three Supers this year.

Probably not a financially sound decision, because as usual the path for me cashing out in any of these leagues must lead through Glenn first. ;)

Still waiting for that first KoQ "off-year"...not holding my breathe on that one. :cool:
[/QUOTE]I think Chad Schroeder is eyeing that 9-Pack that King of Queens has identified, so the road doesn't get any easier Paul!! :D But that's what makes this competition so much fun. If it was easy making money it wouldn't be any fun, would it? ;)
[/QUOTE]Agreed, but aren't I entitled to some sort of Hazard Pay? ;)
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat May 21, 2011 5:28 am

Greg and Tom, you can put me down for the following.......

Via CHICAGO.....

Friday, 9/2 11:00 CST Live $850 Auction
Friday, 9/2 4:00 CST Live $850 DC
Saturday, 9/3 12:00 CST NFFC Classic
Sunday, 9/4 12:00 CST NFFC Super

Via ONLINE....

Monday, 9/5 6:00 EST NFFC Super
Tuesday, 9/6 7:00 EST NFFC Super

Via VEGAS....

Saturday, 9/10 10:00 PST NFFC Primetime

As I mentioned on the other thread, I will signup as soon as I receive my new credit card......Thanks!!!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon May 23, 2011 3:20 am

Hey Billy, I signed you up for these events so you're now in the system. When you get your new card shoot me an email and I'll let you know how you can enter that on your account. Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:57 am

greg, are these just deposit people or are they people that have paid in full?

also when do you guys get the bulk or your singups?

when do draft picks and leagues get placed?

questions from a potential new player...

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:46 am

Originally posted by thegambler:

questions from a potential new player... Hey Gambler, nice to see you on these boards.

Greg doesn't take deposits, he just charges everyone at the same time.....I think typically around mid-July, but for I'm pretty sure he pushed it back some this year due to the lockout.

Usually there's a ton of signups by now, but I'm pretty sure the lockout's probably slowed things down. Still, I think Greg & Tom have sold out this contest most years if not all it's been running.

Draft picks & leagues are announced about a week before the draft. The reason it's later than other contests is that this contest has KDS & 3RR. If you don't know what that is, I or someone else can fill you in.

If you want feedback on this contest Gambler, you'll likely get almost all positive from those who play here. Great contest, innovative rules, great customer service, fair payouts.

Good luck deciding where to play this year Gambler. It's a weird year and I know many are looking around, good luck with the search.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:25 am

Originally posted by thegambler:

questions from a potential new player... Andy, thanks for the questions. We have always kept a running tally of our signups and we never take down deposits. Everyone who is on this list has signed up to play for those events and provided payment information. They are committed to these events and we'll charge them on Aug. 1st. Right now we just need your commitment, not your money. There's no reason for us to hold onto any of your money -- not even a down deposit -- any longer than we have to.

In the past, we'd probably have 100 signups for the Classic and Primetime by Memorial Day weekend. That was always my benchmark I kept. This year we're obviously a little slower, but it's understandable. If I were any of you guys, I'd probably wait to sign up too until I knew what the NFL lockout situation was going to be. But we do have a July 1st Early Bird Deadline and I trust that many of our NFFC die-hards will take advantage of that. Again, we won't hit credit cards until Aug. 1st and I've already said we won't even hit cards then if there's not a labor agreement, so committing to any of our events by July 1st makes sense if you know you're going to play.

But many of our customers are also knee deep in our baseball event, the NFBC. We don't just have football customers. Many of those guys don't think about football until the All-Star break and they'll sign up soon enough. I don't even solicit those guys who always do both sports with us. They will be back; they're just 100% concentrating on baseball right now and rightly so. There's $100,000 on the line over there.

Most of our signups naturally come in August, but you can look every day at our progress. We're the only contest that is so transparent that we list every owner in every event in every city. There's no hiding game here. You'll know how we're doing just like we'll know. I know that Mike Nazarek posted the other day that he's going to play where the most players are, which is fine. But the shear number doesn't make any sense. Play where that contest is going to sell out and where you know you're going to get paid on time and in full. The NFFC Main Events are shooting for only 322 and 336 teams, respectively, and I feel good about selling out both events.

Drafts picks and leagues don't be announced and determined until signups are done because of KDS/3RR. You'll likely know all of that the week before those live events. I'd say around 7-8 days before Sept. 3rd, whatever date that is.

Thanks for the questions. Keep 'em coming. We'll provide comparisons on the different contests for all to see soon and help you with your decisions. Good luck with whatever game you choose and best of luck getting paid by the WCOFF.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:46 am

thanks greg and glen for the info....hope to see both of in vegas this september

jsferenc

Post by jsferenc » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:00 am

Hi All - Can't make Vegas this year. I'll be at a wedding in Prague so it will be 1AM when I start the draft. Wouldn't miss it! This will be a highly caffinated team for me in 2011!
Josh Ferenc

2005 National Fantasy Football Champion. Time for the sequel!

If it's worth doing it's worth overdoing!