Tom & Greg Live Chat Today At 3 p.m. ET

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:55 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Hey guys - does the new office have that minifridge?Man, I wish. I got more excited by that full refrigerator of Corona's than those hottie photos that Gekko posted before that!! :D What does that say about this old man now!!! :D

We've got some nice digs, I'll tell you that. And there's still hoops at noon, so how bad can it be? This should be a fun ride for a bit...before we need to find a new office in Iola.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:05 am

Question for both Greg and Tom:

If there's ever a time to drink that six-pack of Becks, isn't it now?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:06 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Name the three top rookie Wide out's for fantasy value this year.Eddie, I had as my top three:
Michael Crabtree
Jeremy Maclin
Percy Harvin

Now I wonder if Harvin is really the only rookie wideout who has a chance to make a fantasy impact. If Crabtree holds out much longer, I can't see him making an impact. He needs to get into camp soon or I'm staying away from him.

I think Hakeem Nicks can catch 40+ balls for the Giants and Kenny Britt has great size for the Red Zone. But both will be too inconsistent to make a regular impact in fantasy this year.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:10 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:

If there's ever a time to drink that six-pack of Becks, isn't it now? OH-YEAAAAAAAAHHH!! :D

Actually, it's Beck's beer and it's a funny story, which is why I've always kept the bucket of beer on my desk. In 2004, Beck's sent me a four-pack of bottled beer along with a Beck's shirt and the biggest bottle opener in the world. They were thanking us for our fantasy World Cup soccer coverage in the magazine and hoping we'd mention Beck's in our stories.

We never did a fantasy soccer story, nor will we likely ever do one!! :D So I told Tom we'd keep the Beck's on my desk until there was a proper reason to celebrate something worthy of a Beck's. I think moving to a new company with a bright future is as good as it gets.

Tom, where's that big-ass bottle opener!!! :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:11 am

Originally posted by GK:
...Greg - when do you think that the Satellite Leagues (Slow Drafts, Magazine Leagues, etc.) will be loaded by STATS onto the Homepages?...thanks much...SNAKE I honestly don't know. STATS has all of the draft results and we're waiting for them to load them all. I'm not quite sure why they wait on any of these, but they do. So hang tight and they will likely show up on your team pages next week.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:16 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:

If there's ever a time to drink that six-pack of Becks, isn't it now? Okay, let me throw one question back at you: Do you think Fanball taking over our fantasy live events is a good thing for players or not?

I ask because I know we underwhelmed folks after our NBC Sports partnership. But this is a totally new situation, with Fanball.com and Liberty Media BUYING our products and events and having a solid plan on how to grow all of this. We won't be able to implement our plans with this upcoming football event because of the timing of the sale, but look for more features and contests soon.

And per your question this morning: We are committed to growing the live events. We hope to add more online contests and features, but the focus is still on growing the live events with more sports and more host cities in the near future.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:18 am

i think cotchery could be undervalued wr. this team stinks and he can put up 4th quarter stats.

if have a dos equis you will put coronas away
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:24 am

Okay, what the hell is going on with Favre now? I can't believe this guy.

So two-a-days and training camp at Mankato is over with and now he wants to come in??? Oh, my. I can't believe this Drama Queen. Don't do it, Brett, don't do it.