A Special Late Night Chat With Me

trueblue

Post by trueblue » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:43 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:
How do you think Wes Welker's numbers will compare to last years? he's being drafted late 2nd - early 3rd...scary isn't it?

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:44 pm

Calvin Johnson and Thomas Jones seem to be two of the fastest movers up the boards, as well as Cotchery and Coles, who else do you see moving up a lot before draft day?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:44 pm

Like what you saw or read about in Frank Gore tonight? As a Niner fan I was pleased. You know what - I was absolutely wiped out when I left work today. I came home, had some dinner, shut my cell phone off and crashed for a couple of hours. I feel like I've been burning the candle at both ends lately and I just needed to turn everything off for a little while.

So now I'm refreshed but I missed seeing Gore play. I saw the numbers and they looked very good. I thought he looked real good against the Packers too. Greg scoffed at me when I told him today I was thinking about taking Gore fourth in my big-money PPR league. I am hedging and thinking I might play it safe with Addai but damn I think Gore has Marshall Faulk potential written all over him.

I'm not drinking the Martz Kool-Aid when it comes to turning the Niners' QBs into something great, but I'm drinking it, ordering some more and buying stock in the company when it comes to how he could impact Gore's production. :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:46 pm

How do you think Wes Welker's numbers will compare to last years? I don't think anyone in that passing game puts up the same type of numbers as last year, but there's no reason to think Welker will become less important. He runs great routes, has great hands and Brady trusts him. Those are all huge ingredients. He should finish with 90+ TDs and 5+ TDs. The touchdowns are where I could see him dropping off a bit.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:46 pm

The presence of Fargas and Bush make McFadden very risky in my opinion, your thoughts on where you would take him?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:46 pm

As I just posted on another thread, you guys have over 525 paid sign-ups for the two events combined -- that's mighty impressive!

[ August 21, 2008, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: King of Queens ]

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:48 pm

Boldin apparently wants out, but will not hold out, do you worry about this situation or will it be fine until the off season?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:48 pm

Chad Johnson and Willis MacGahee are both dinged, how far do you drop them on your list? I've dropped McGahee quite a bit. I'd only consider him in the third round now if all of the top QBs and WRs were off the board. I'm very concerned about him for this season. As good as Rice has looked, the Ravens have no real incentive to rush McGahee back.

Chad's a tougher one. Reports now say he's progressing well from the shoulder injury and he will be ready for Week 1. I'd still consider him the last of the top tier WRs but I do have some concerns about him. But if all of the top WRs were gone and I was picking early in the third and didn't have my WR1, I'd be awfully hard-pressed to pass on him.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:48 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
As I just posted on another thread, you guys have over 525 paid sign-ups for the two events combined -- that's mighty impressive! Agreed. Very Nice work!!!

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:49 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Sebadiah23:
Robert Meachem went in 8th round in my Satellite last night. Should I just forget sleepers and take the old faithfuls? That is absurdly early in my opinion, and its only going to get worse in a week.

-Craig Depends who's on the board. I'm seeing guys like Derrick Mason and Isaac Bruce drop like stones. Granted, both are older than dirt but both of them will see a lot of targets this year - especially Mason - and in our scoring format that gives them strong value.

This happens every year, though, especially with WRs. You see a lot of owners chase after the next big thing and forget it usually takes WRs 2-3 years to adjust to the NFL. Meanwhile, the owners who sat back and grabbed the less exciting vets cash in with good production.
[/QUOTE]It was a little thinner than that, with guys like Walker and Curry around, but your point still applies. 34 WRs went in the first 6 rounds, sheesh.

-Craig
-Durant/GWallace/Millsap/Ibaka ride it
http://kielinski.blogspot.com/