FAAB Week 5

GOD Loves You

FAAB Week 5

Post by GOD Loves You » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:07 pm

Originally posted by rkulaski:
PS... Anyone bidding on James Starks yet?? Started last week.

From what I've seen from Nance, he's not a lead back......Starks is a nice flyer.

After drafting in a TON of leagues, I actually dropped Brandon Jackson in many this week. I expected a nice 3rd down back for PPR leagues, but he's barely worth a roster spot IMO.

Danny Ware was my "week/two ahead guy" this week. Ladell Betts was obviously a nice buy if still available.

Due to injuries, I'm actually rolling with a Todd Collins this week. :cool:
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

GOD Loves You

FAAB Week 5

Post by GOD Loves You » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:11 pm

Originally posted by Sack:
Brandon Tate, so while I like him. I think he is going to go for waaaaaaaaay too much this week. Ya think? The only leagues he was worth the cash was those with return yards, but he was obviously gone in those.

Gronkowski might've been a better buy....provided you can withstand the inconsistency.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Azzurri

FAAB Week 5

Post by Azzurri » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:30 pm

Derrick Ward seems like a nice add to hang on bench if Foster gets nicked up or hurt. In that case he could turn into gold as i think he would get more 1st and 2nd down carries than Slaton...Kubiak seems to have taken a liking to Ward and says he will work him in no matter. Funny thing is last week before i knew of Fosters benching i was flicking my direct tv sunday ticket and caught Wards TD run live and didn't realize it wasn't Foster till 10 minutes later when i heard the news of his benching. I thought Ward was Faster they seem to run a lot alike i guess.
Ward had some bad reports after being cut from TB but he looked dam good on that run and during the first half of that Oak game so maybe he woke up and has his game back he was one heck of a RB in NY that year he and Jacobs ran wild. I also remember him being quite good in the pass game in NY also. I realize he will need Foster to get hurt to be of much value but hey stranger things have happened and im desperate for RBs. Just wish i had left my initial bid i made on him instead of increasing it three times this week. My first bid would have been enough..hate when that happens..oh well my league is full of sharks so figured better be safe than sorry. I have learned the hard way that in the NFFC you better secure your key back ups-handcuffs ASAP or they be gone and fast. My team has been badly hurt at the RB spot and im grasping for whatever i can find and hope one or two find some playing time.
Pat Tillman is my Hero.

da bears

FAAB Week 5

Post by da bears » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:43 pm

Originally posted by GK:
...agreed on Tate wholeheartedly but Ivory is the better back to own in The Big Easy for the short term than Betts is imho...GK Yeah I also like Ivory especially this week against the Cards. :cool:

[ October 08, 2010, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

Bodie

FAAB Week 5

Post by Bodie » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:48 pm

Supposedly Starks has been healthy for a while now, but he is very raw and injury prone. Hasn't played agame since 2008.

Of course that didn't stop me from taking a shot on him this week in free agency

mattjb

FAAB Week 5

Post by mattjb » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:04 pm

So am all alone onboard the David Gettis Train?

Picked him up with a $19 of my remaining $41.

Coltsfan

FAAB Week 5

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by rkulaski:
PS... Anyone bidding on James Starks yet?? I think he might be worked into the mix slowly but wouldn't be shocked if he starts getting 70 percent of the carries or so as the season wears on. I added Starks on several leagues tonight and Nance on a couple of others.

Wayne
[/QUOTE]...Wayne, ikura deshitka (for how much $)?....GK
[/QUOTE]Mostly in the $30's.

Wayne