Chris Johnson!!!

renman

Chris Johnson!!!

Post by renman » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:37 pm

I think some people may be under estimating one thing.... It is a new offensive system with new terminology and new responsibilities for the RB position. I know everyone has visions of his 75 yard TD runs where no one touches him... I would temper expectations for a while because the lock out combined with his hold out will result in him having a lot of catching up to do get on the same page with his new offense and his responsibilities with blitz pick ups and his roll as a receiver.

Unless the system is very simple for the RB, he will need time.

jimchristie

Chris Johnson!!!

Post by jimchristie » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:43 pm

Originally posted by Go Getta:
I hope he plays well early so it will open things up for KBritt. Britt will be in jail by week 7 :)

Inf4life

Chris Johnson!!!

Post by Inf4life » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:49 pm

Originally posted by Renman:
I think some people may be under estimating one thing.... It is a new offensive system with new terminology and new responsibilities for the RB position. I know everyone has visions of his 75 yard TD runs where no one touches him... I would temper expectations for a while because the lock out combined with his hold out will result in him having a lot of catching up to do get on the same page with his new offense and his responsibilities with blitz pick ups and his roll as a receiver.

Unless the system is very simple for the RB, he will need time. RB is probably the easiest position to play in the NFL. What is there to learn?? He take the ball and runs through the assigned hole or makes a ad-lib cutback run. Or catches a swing pass. He'll be just fine.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

rkulaski

Chris Johnson!!!

Post by rkulaski » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:55 pm

Originally posted by Renman:

Unless the system is very simple for the RB, he will need time. Over-thinking this perhaps. I see your point but Hasselbeck is the one having to learn all the new terminology. CJ will be just fine.

Glenneration X

Chris Johnson!!!

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:28 pm

Originally posted by Stealth SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Renman:

Unless the system is very simple for the RB, he will need time. RB's traditionally and historically don't have to use their noggin' as much as all of the other positional players on offense - QB, WR, TE & even the OL...they are more of the "instinctive" type and can change teams a day before and run for a buck fifty with two scores on game-day..
[/QUOTE]Thus explaining why rookie RB's are typically the most successful offensive rookies every season. Just run for daylight baby.

TradeStar28

Chris Johnson!!!

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:32 pm

to me, the most important thing for fantasy football on the high -stakes level (the classic /primetime) is that C Johnson getting signed before any of the drafts go off. we have all these scattered drafts this year....before saturday, saturday, after saturday and even freakin after the 1st official game on thursday.

also, i have the 4th pick in the classic.....so it gives me now 5 RB's to choose from if thats the direction i wanna go...

foster/ peterson / rice/ j charles/ C johnson

it sorta takes the injury to foster a little out of the equation of difficulty in case there are questions to how healthy he may be.....
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

eliasond

Chris Johnson!!!

Post by eliasond » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:22 pm

Yes, this is an excellent argument against the high stakes drafts being held on many different days over a couple of weeks for the same contest. It's not an equal playing field for the early leagues vs the late ones. In my opinion it just introduces an element of luck in "predicting" when a holdout will end over the skill of predicting a player's worth as a fantasy player to your team. Daren E
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
3-Time Las Vegas Auction League Champion (2004,2009,2015)
2-time Live Las Vegas Classic League Champion

TradeStar28

Chris Johnson!!!

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:14 pm

Originally posted by Daren E:
Yes, this is an excellent argument against the high stakes drafts being held on many different days over a couple of weeks for the same contest. It's not an equal playing field for the early leagues vs the late ones. In my opinion it just introduces an element of luck in "predicting" when a holdout will end over the skill of predicting a player's worth as a fantasy player to your team. Daren E lets put it this way....if the multiple days to run drafts was put into effect 5 years ago......this nffc message forum would have a thread 100's of pages deep that argues the luck and skill aspect.

if u notice, k of q covers all the bases by drafting a classic team in each time frame....hehe
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again