Article Regarding Fanball

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:46 am

I echo the other's sentiments and will add to what Wayne said in that we will need reassurance that the money we are putting into the playoff contest is also secure.

I hope things work out well for you Greg and Tom!

As an aside, Liberty Media held a major investor conference yesterday where they unveiled direction of the company and such. Leads credence to the OP and the links validity since events often occur after these conferences.

Scott
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:24 am

the NFFC prize $$ is in escrow...

put ur peckers back in your pants, cowboys....

every one gets paid here
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:32 am

Originally posted by FI$HER:
the NFFC prize $$ is in escrow...

put ur peckers back in your pants, cowboys....

every one gets paid here Just asking for a confirmation and besides the prizes are definitely NOT escrowed.

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:34 am

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
I echo the other's sentiments and will add to what Wayne said in that we will need reassurance that the money we are putting into the playoff contest is also secure.The Post-Season contest is being run completely by Fantasy911.com and they are definitely guaranteeing the prizes. That contest has always been a joint venture with us, but now it is completely run by my good friends Sam and Bruce and Tom. They are running the credit cards, powering the game, paying out the prizes and guaranteeing the prizes. I talked with Sam today and he understands the situation. The signups are in a great position to make this a profitable game and even surpass last year's totals as you can see from the signup threads. Take a look at the lists and you'll see that Fantasy911.com is bringing in a lot of new customers who are joining our guys in this great contest.

Again, that is going to run on Fantasy911.com as planned and prizes are being guaranteed by them. Those guys do a great job with that contest and they are 10 miles down the road from here. All is good there, so enjoy. Sam will send out payment shortly after the Super Bowl. Good luck all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:37 am

Thanks Greg! Feedback on the exciting postseason contest is much appreciated!
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:47 am

Thanks for the post Greg!

I feel very comfortable with the payment of the prize money. Hopefully all of this will end up being a real positive for the NFFC!

Wayne

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:12 am

Greg,

First- I'm not surprised.
Second- Greg what's next for NFFC?

Thanks and Good Luck to both Greg and Tom,

John

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:23 am

I have every confidence that Fanball will pay their winners -- the money the least of my concerns.

To me, the saddest part is the potential loss of this great event. For seven years, through Krause, F&W, NBC Rotoworld, or Fanball, Greg and Tom (and most recently Geoff) have always been there for the customers. They have never had an ownership interest in this venture, yet have always put themselves in the line of fire. Whatever ends up happening, you guys will have my support 100%.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:01 am

I echo what KOQ wrote and am reposting here what I posted on the baseball side.

It's a little sad to think this might be it. I haven't been part of the experience very long, but since finding the NFBC/NFFC I always wished I had found it a bit sooner and now only hope that it'll be around a bit longer.

Whatever happens, I want to wish the best to some great people at the NFBC/NFFC in Greg, Tom, Geoff, Charlie, Seth, and others whose concerns are likely somewhat greater than mine right now.

There will always be other contests, other games, other hobbies. Thing is, this sure is a damn good one.

Glenn

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:21 am

Well said by both Glenn's. Wish everyone the best.