AFFL and Question to the NFFC

LFW

Post by LFW » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:11 am

Actually in my original post a did put a ? after the Topic question. If it gets taken care of next month it wont be a black eye...if not it will be. I'm hoping it all gets resolved well but I also agree that this type of situation does also create opportunities to capture a share of the online market.

I've got a thought about something missing from National Draft league competitions that I think many would say reduces the luck component..but I'll start a new thread for that.
The TYRUNT of CDM Fantasy Sports Football Challenge and High Roller Football Contests!

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:09 am

Just a couple thoughts from reading this thread...

1) I wonder the interest in a lower stakes (say $200-500) entry in which there are ZERO league prizes...with everything going to the overall. (Baseball or Football)

2) Black eyes heal up in a week. If they fail to pay out in what is becoming a more and more unreasonable time frame...the AFFL is toast. (they will only being paying out for pride...the damage to their reputation will be destroyed.)

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:20 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Just a couple thoughts from reading this thread...

1) I wonder the interest in a lower stakes (say $200-500) entry in which there are ZERO league prizes...with everything going to the overall. (Baseball or Football)

2) Black eyes heal up in a week. If they fail to pay out in what is becoming a more and more unreasonable time frame...the AFFL is toast. (they will only being paying out for pride...the damage to their reputation will be destroyed.)

~Lance You're always thinking outside the box, aren't you Lance!! :D Not a bad idea, but I think there is proof that offering lower entry fees with a 4:1 return rate on the league prize and a reasonable grand prize is a winning model. I'm going to present that in 2008, hopefully, as well. I think where you can get in trouble is reaching for the moon on the higher entry level games as it's tough to get enough at those levels to make ends meet.

I hope it all works out for everyone, but the more you pay out in a timely fashion the more you'll be trusted in the future. I hope folks are keeping track of our payout historical file!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:44 am

Greg, this is killing me. Make the announcement! Sign me up...

1.Marc Quitsch

*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:06 pm

Greg, for the record, i have no doubt with you guys.. i've pushed your league to everyone i know. i have both my brothers coming into the main event this year as well and hopefully 2 other friends in auction event.. i have no doubts or worry tht my money is at risk.. I'll be careful though in giving money to any other leagues to be quite frank... i'll just have to sign up for 10 NFFC leagues to get my fill.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:13 am

Originally posted by weber:
Greg, for the record, i have no doubt with you guys.. i've pushed your league to everyone i know. i have both my brothers coming into the main event this year as well and hopefully 2 other friends in auction event.. i have no doubts or worry tht my money is at risk.. I'll be careful though in giving money to any other leagues to be quite frank... i'll just have to sign up for 10 NFFC leagues to get my fill. Sounds good to me. All I can say about us in 2008 is that we're going to add more events, more online contests, more ways to play and we're going to pay more in prizes than ever before. And we will guarantee the prizes and pay on time. That's the only way we know how to do things because our goal is to run this the way we'd want a contest to be run if we were playing in it. Tom and I are both big-time fantasy players ourselves and we'll be sitting on the other side someday kicking all of your butts and when that happens WE WANT OUR WINNING CHECK ON TIME!!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:22 am

THAT SOUNDS REAL GOOD GREG. BOY IS ANTICIPATION A S.O.B. WE KNOW YOU HAVE BASEBALL GOING ON AND YOU TRYING TO FINALIZE THAT BUT ALOT OF US CAN'T WAIT FOR THESE 2008 ANNOUCEMENTS.

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:36 am

When there are problems in the markets there is a flight to quality.

When the credit markets have issues, junk bonds and speculative stocks are sold off and investors take refuge in Treasuries.

When the fantasy industry has a scandal, these Krause affiliated games will be fantasy "treasuries".

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:00 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
We're not two guys in a garage running this event. Nope! Just two guys in a small office, one of whom has a six-pack of Becks on his desk. :D

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:13 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by weber:
Greg, for the record, i have no doubt with you guys.. i've pushed your league to everyone i know. i have both my brothers coming into the main event this year as well and hopefully 2 other friends in auction event.. i have no doubts or worry tht my money is at risk.. I'll be careful though in giving money to any other leagues to be quite frank... i'll just have to sign up for 10 NFFC leagues to get my fill. Sounds good to me. All I can say about us in 2008 is that we're going to add more events, more online contests, more ways to play and we're going to pay more in prizes than ever before. And we will guarantee the prizes and pay on time. That's the only way we know how to do things because our goal is to run this the way we'd want a contest to be run if we were playing in it. Tom and I are both big-time fantasy players ourselves and we'll be sitting on the other side someday kicking all of your butts and when that happens WE WANT OUR WINNING CHECK ON TIME!!! :D [/QUOTE]Bye-bye AFFL.

Bye-bye WCOFF.

Hello NFFC on-line draft leagues.

Hello $2,500 NFFC Ultimate draft. Speaking of which...Greg, is there any way this live draft could be held in the late afternoon on Saturday rather than on Sunday so we don't have to incur another night of hotel expenses?
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven