NFBBC Update?

Milkman Dead

NFBBC Update?

Post by Milkman Dead » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:15 am

My schedule is crazy too, and I am most likely moving next week on top of it all.

But I want to make something happen, so let's start building on this so we can announce something next Wed/Thurs if these guys don't respond by Tuesday.

I'll PM you some of my ideas KofQ.

boutrous11

NFBBC Update?

Post by boutrous11 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:43 am

Guys the leauge I was talking about only has 1-2 spots available. Now that Evil is posting though, I'm joining whatever he sets up instead. Have something $150 or less for us small timers E. thanks.

Greg Ambrosius

NFBBC Update?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:54 pm

Originally posted by Evil E:
My schedule is crazy too, and I am most likely moving next week on top of it all.

But I want to make something happen, so let's start building on this so we can announce something next Wed/Thurs if these guys don't respond by Tuesday.

I'll PM you some of my ideas KofQ. Sorry I didn't have an answer for everyone on this guys. We wanted to create our own commissioner product for this at Fanball rather than host this on a competing site. We also wanted our own home page for this so that we could solicit Fanball's members to join us at the NFBBC.

All of that took time.

Ryan thinks we'll have a landing page on Monday or Tuesday and details of draft dates, etc. then. I'm going with the same details as last year, an overall prize pool, 12-team leagues, 16-man rosters, $650 entry, etc. I haven't finalized all this yet and we may have to draft on MDC.com again, but we're working on this. Again, sorry for being out of touch but I think we got good news today on this front and I'll finalize on Monday.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

boutrous11

NFBBC Update?

Post by boutrous11 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:29 pm

satellites greg?

King of Queens

NFBBC Update?

Post by King of Queens » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:43 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Evil E:

I'll PM you some of my ideas KofQ. Sorry I didn't have an answer for everyone on this guys. We wanted to create our own commissioner product for this at Fanball rather than host this on a competing site. We also wanted our own home page for this so that we could solicit Fanball's members to join us at the NFBBC.

All of that took time.

Ryan thinks we'll have a landing page on Monday or Tuesday and details of draft dates, etc. then. I'm going with the same details as last year, an overall prize pool, 12-team leagues, 16-man rosters, $650 entry, etc. I haven't finalized all this yet and we may have to draft on MDC.com again, but we're working on this. Again, sorry for being out of touch but I think we got good news today on this front and I'll finalize on Monday.
[/QUOTE]Thanks Greg. Happy to hear that this will be happening.

Milkman Dead

NFBBC Update?

Post by Milkman Dead » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:18 am

I'm also glad to hear this.

larry schechter

NFBBC Update?

Post by larry schechter » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:39 am

Fanball (formerly CDM) has a really good salary cap basketball game. There's usually about 1,000 teams in it.

Shrink Attack

NFBBC Update?

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:16 am

Originally posted by larry schechter:
Fanball (formerly CDM) has a really good salary cap basketball game. There's usually about 1,000 teams in it. What makes you think you're any good at this fantasy stuff? ;)
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Greg Ambrosius

NFBBC Update?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:16 pm

Originally posted by boutrous11:
satellites greg? Let me see if we can do those. I think so, but I'll know more when I see if the commissioner product is done early this week. Stay tuned.

Sorry for the delay on all of this. We had hoped to have this in place a month ago, but baseball plans got in the way and a lot of resolution things between the two companies involving football. We need to do the commissioner product ourselves or we probably won't do this, but I think we have this solved now. So give me another two days and hopefully we can roll this out again.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius