Week 11 Thoughts

renman

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by renman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:58 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Renman:
-Regarding that game, I am only going by a couple views... and I did not see a thing in the media since.. but on first glance, I can't believe they called pass interference on a hailmary that was picked off clean. Seemed like an epic bad call to me.
On first glance, I can see why you would say that, but the penalty was on the guy who practically tackled the WR in the end zone before the INT was made.

At least that is the way I saw it.

Major balls for Stafford. Orton has them too, but Stafford is a WINNER! :D
[/QUOTE]Yes, I know the call was on the DB who hit the WR behind the INT. I am just saying there has always seemingly been an unwritten rule that you don't call pass interference on a jump ball hail mary in that situation. The team is in a desperation mode because they are losing and should not be rewarded on some gimmick play where there is always body contact and pass interference.

It just never gets called... and especially when the ball is picked off by a different defender while the "pass interence" is going on behind him.

I watch NFL football non stop from noon until the night game ends and watch ZERO highlight shows. I cannot listen to the ex jocks talk about the days events (unless something crazy happened). So I am not sure if this call was addressed or considered controversial or not.

Greg Ambrosius

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:13 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
From the "This is why fantasy football can be so devastating" file:

Knowshon Moreno's fumble at the goal line sure looked like it could have been a touchdown.

Calvin Johnson 30-yard catch. Stopped at the 1.

Mike Sims-Walker 28-yard catch. Stopped at the 1.

Ugh. How about Tom Brady trying two straight quarterback sneaks from the one foot line and not getting in, then handing off to Laurence Maroney on third down and he goes into the end zone untouched? Brady owners needed that last touchdown and he couldn't jump in at all. Those were two of the worst QB sneaks I've ever seen.

Welker also caught a long pass to the 1 or 2. Lots of yards for Brady, but just one TD.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:16 am

Flacco's sneak from the 1 wasn't very good either. The guy is 6-6. How does he not cross the goal line on that play?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

da bears

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by da bears » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:40 am

Good stuff as always Tom. :cool:

Yep another disapointing game by Cutler and the Bears. At this point I hope the Bears lose out and finish 4-12 so they can get a better draft pick and of course bring in a new coach.

A ton of injuries to key fantasy players these past three weeks. I sure hope this trend stops soon or else we will all be plugging guys like Rock Cartwright and Matt Leinart into our lineups come fantasy playoff time. :eek:
Bauler Shot Caller

renman

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by renman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:54 am

Speaking of Matt Leinart, I havn't seen anything that tells me this is going to be anything other than a very average QB. It is going to be interesting to see how the value for mega stud Larry Fitzgerald progresses as Warner gets older and Leinart becomes more and more likely the QB.

While I will admit I have not watched a ton of play from him... He (leinart) has a Chad Pennington vibe for me.

King of Queens

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by King of Queens » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:02 am

Originally posted by da bears:
Good stuff as always Tom. :cool:

Yep another disapointing game by Cutler and the Bears. At this point I hope the Bears lose out and finish 4-12 so they can get a better draft pick and of course bring in a new coach.The Bears have already traded away both their 1st AND 2nd round picks in the 2010 draft. The 1st rounder was part of the Cutler deal, while the 2nd rounder was sent away for Gaines Adams.

You may be right about the coaching change, though! :D

The Franchise

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by The Franchise » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:40 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
From the "This is why fantasy football can be so devastating" file:

Knowshon Moreno's fumble at the goal line sure looked like it could have been a touchdown.

Calvin Johnson 30-yard catch. Stopped at the 1.

Mike Sims-Walker 28-yard catch. Stopped at the 1.

Ugh. How about Tom Brady trying two straight quarterback sneaks from the one foot line and not getting in, then handing off to Laurence Maroney on third down and he goes into the end zone untouched? Brady owners needed that last touchdown and he couldn't jump in at all. Those were two of the worst QB sneaks I've ever seen.

Welker also caught a long pass to the 1 or 2. Lots of yards for Brady, but just one TD.
[/QUOTE]Actually, I thought those 2 sneaks were on purpose as a way to kill time on the clock, because your right they were pathetic attempts.
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Tom Kessenich

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:48 am

The Bears need a lot of help but they need to improve the offensive line and somehow they need to find a legitimate No. 1 WR. I don't think it's a coincidence that Cutler's best season to date came when he was working with Brandon Marshall. Right now he has three No. 3s and that's not helping him. There are a lot of things Cutler obviously needs to improve upon but Chicago's WR corps is highly suspect.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KOTRAX

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:50 am

SO NOW WE MUST ASK OURSELVES IS ORTON THAT BAD EVEN WITH BETTER THAN AVERAGE RECEIVERS?

OR IS CUTLER OVERRATED SINCE ORTON TO SO MUCH FLACK IN CHICAGO.

CUTLER HAS BE AWFUL THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS.

Tom Kessenich

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 am

One thing I forgot to mention was Devin Hester inadvertently mooning the nation late in last night's game. I'm not sure what I thought was funnier - the fact Hester's pants almost fell down or the fact neither Al Michaels nor Cris Collinsworth said a word about it. No way they missed it. I think they were just too stunned to say anything about it.

Maybe Collinsworth will follow up on Showtime Wednesday night.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich