Question for Tom and Greg, FFO

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:15 pm

Originally posted by felixflamingo:
I think many posters would be interested in this answer.

The FFOC is basing their prize money on 50,000 entries at $125 a pop and they claim the money is in escrow.

I see they have lots of media partners and seem to be using CDM as their engine.

My question, do you think even 2000 entries is realistic? I personally think someone made a huge error in judgement in predicting possible # of entries. This could be a huge overlay for good players if the 1 mil is guaranteed right? Interesting concept, looks worth a shot. But a very different type of contest than NFFC/WCOFF, looks to be driven more by luck.

CDM did generate some pretty big participation numbers in their past contests, so maybe they can get enough to get it off the ground if they can accept a one-year loss. If they actually pay out the million they'd have some incredible press for ramping up numbers next season for such a low entry fee.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:42 pm

They are probably expecting most folks to take multiple teams. Them the number seems more realistic.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:08 pm

So Thursday I get an email from FFOC that my 2nd draft (1st is Sunday) is filled. The League Number is 27.

Let's make a reasonable assumption that they assign league numbers as the leagues fill. So with 6 weeks to go they have 27 leagues. That's not bad, they only have to fill 1363 more. No problem.

If I felt this thing could go off I'd be buying up lots of teams. Not going to happen. They will clearly bail out on or before the date in the rules, 8/25. Funny thing, they haven't hit my cc yet. My bet is they won't until they decide if they're pulling the plug. So much less messy if they haven't collected the money yet.

Meanwhile I have the #1 Sunday and will draft the best I can. Unfortunately the rules are so different that it isn't even a usable mock for a real event. So I'll have some fun in the full knowledge that it's not going to be for real.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:03 pm

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:
So Thursday I get an email from FFOC that my 2nd draft (1st is Sunday) is filled. The League Number is 27.

Let's make a reasonable assumption that they assign league numbers as the leagues fill. So with 6 weeks to go they have 27 leagues. That's not bad, they only have to fill 1363 more. No problem.

If I felt this thing could go off I'd be buying up lots of teams. Not going to happen. They will clearly bail out on or before the date in the rules, 8/25. Funny thing, they haven't hit my cc yet. My bet is they won't until they decide if they're pulling the plug. So much less messy if they haven't collected the money yet.

Meanwhile I have the #1 Sunday and will draft the best I can. Unfortunately the rules are so different that it isn't even a usable mock for a real event. So I'll have some fun in the full knowledge that it's not going to be for real. Another option would be to revise the stakes lower prior to hitting the cards ... so maybe we're it's not just drafting for fun ???

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:52 am

There saying it will happen no matter the amount. Of course I think they will cancel if they don't get enough. Question is what 'Is enough'?

John

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:26 pm

We just had one of our drafts on Saturday. Here is our starting lineup right now.

QB - Carson Palmer
RB - Brian Westbrook
RB- Jamal Lewis
WR - T.J. Houshmandzadeh
WR - Dwayne Bowe
WR - Chris Chambers
TE - Jeremy Shockey
K - Phil Dawson
DEF - Dallas Cowboys
Flex - Donovan McNabb

Rules are a lot different than NFFC. It should be interesting. We have two more teams left to draft. Will probably use different strategies with the other teams.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

homer35h

Post by homer35h » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:16 pm

ffoc message board said they completed draft league 47.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:17 am

Originally posted by J Homer:
ffoc message board said they completed draft league 47. Only 1343 to go!

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:00 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by J Homer:
ffoc message board said they completed draft league 47. Only 1343 to go! [/QUOTE]Glenn what are you saying they won't get 33 Leagues a day?

The big question will this league be a 'GO' no matter what? I see 4D and Jersey Paul besides Go Getta have joined. It should be a interesting month ahead. Either all the Fantasy Football guys come out of the woods, or some Leagues will be short of there goals.

John

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:34 am

By week 4 how many teams will be 'Dead Teams'? Don't get me wrong, if you place in the top 15 you get a nice return. Please keep the League count up to date here.

Thanks,

John