FAAB for next year

BillyWaz

FAAB for next year

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:41 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
There's not always enough time between when I get home Wednesday night and the deadline to take care of all my teams. Well if you would stop doing your baseball prep, you might have time!!!

Glenneration X

FAAB for next year

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:43 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:
There's not always enough time between when I get home Wednesday night and the deadline to take care of all my teams. Well if you would stop doing your baseball prep, you might have time!!! [/QUOTE]:D

By the way Billy, you returning to baseball side of the fantasy universe this year?

BLACKHAND

FAAB for next year

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:47 am

Originally posted by RobR:
Why not just have one on Thursday around 7PM EST? At least we will be able to see the Thursday practice report before the deadline.

The only problem is, it would be cutting it close to game time. If there is an error with FAAB, it might be hard to revert, and fix any problems before the game starts. Owners would only have a small time window to set their lineup.

I would vote to keep it Friday. Everyone would need to plan a week ahead for any Thursday games and byes. We would then be able to see the Friday practice report, which is usually the best indicator or whether a guy will play, or not on Sunday (except the Patriots of course). the problem with that rob is if you needed to plug your fa in on the thurs night game you would have to be by your computer and it would be hard for the west coast people.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BillyWaz

FAAB for next year

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:55 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:
There's not always enough time between when I get home Wednesday night and the deadline to take care of all my teams. Well if you would stop doing your baseball prep, you might have time!!! [/QUOTE]:D

By the way Billy, you returning to baseball side of the fantasy universe this year?
[/QUOTE]My GPS doesn't know how to get to that side of the universe anymore.

Cocktails and Dreams

FAAB for next year

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:18 pm

Strongly prefer just one deadline. And strongly prefer that it be Wednesday.

Coltsfan

FAAB for next year

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:36 am

I still love KOQ's proposal of once a week on Friday's except Thanksgiving week. In one league I'll be without a starting TE because I just saw that the guy I picked up off of waivers may not play now and Graham is on bye. There will be a lot more of those stories than ones where you miss out on someone playing the following Thursday.

Wayne

Cocktails and Dreams

FAAB for next year

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:39 am

I like it how it is now during these weeks. You get it all done and then can relax for a few days and just enjoy football. More skill involved with early waivers as well. Nearly all of the places I play at have waivers on Tuesday-Thursday AM all year long and it works very nicely. By far the best option the way I see it. More prepared people will do well and free agents available for all players that week before the games are played, as it should be.

Coltsfan

FAAB for next year

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:02 pm

Chad,

Here's what I don't understand:

1. With as many teams as you manage, how can you do waivers in such a short time frame?

2. There is so much injury information that comes out on Thursday and Friday - how do you do anything other than guess with Wednesday waivers?

3. Can you not make a contingency plan for anyone playing in the following Thursday's game each week?

4. Why is more skillful to take shots on players with very little information available? To me it has nothing to do with being prepared - it has more to do with getting lucky on your guessing.

From a personal standpoint, I rarely get home in time to do waivers on Wednesdays so I have to do mine on Tuesday night. I was spending a little over 5 hours a week on waivers this year. It would be almost impossible for me to do this on Tuesday night alone. Plus we can't even begin working on waivers until Tuesday morning which already stinks. It would be nice to work on them Monday nights during the game.

Wayne

Jersey Dawg

FAAB for next year

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:46 pm

I prefer one waiver per week. I would think 5:00 Thursday. Those that are currently opting for Wednesday should have no problem accepting Thurs at 5:00 as they would have been ready Wednesday anyway. Those that need more info can get the Thursday practice reports to help make last minute decisions.

I would do Wednesday only the day before Thanksgiving.

Pete

[ November 18, 2011, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Jersey Dawg ]

Glenneration X

FAAB for next year

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:15 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
2. There is so much injury information that comes out on Thursday and Friday - how do you do anything other than guess with Wednesday waivers?
Case in point.....Dan Carpenter.

Not that he's a great kicker, but I'm sure he's on some teams fighting for a playoff spot this week. There was no injury news prior to the Wednesday FAAB deadline, yet now he may not play Sunday. Pure bad luck and nothing many teams can do about it now because of the Wednesday only deadline.

It makes no sense to me to toss another potential luck factor into the mix in the highest of high stakes fantasy football. What we should be trying to do is limit luck, either good or bad.

Still, a single FAAB deadline would be easier.....and of course that's what's more important with such big investments on the line.