Free NFFC Entry For Regular Season Pts Leader

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:29 am

LOL, Remember when Jersey paul wanted us to get a injured player avg.....ROFLMAO

Sometimes you just have to laugh at how serious ALL of us guys are about Fantasy Sports....

And stop and think that this should be FUN!!!!!
I.W
Johnny Frisella

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:37 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Okay, thanks to Jules reminding me to do this, I've added another prize to our NFFC Prizes link. We'll give a 2008 NFFC free entry to the team that has the most points after Week 13 of the regular season. Jules set the NFFC record last year and earned a free entry this year and I'll gladly give another one next year to the team that beats 363 other teams through 13 weeks.

Thanks for the reminder Jules. I didn't forget about this, but I did forget to add this to the Prizes page. It's official now. Good luck everyone. Greg,

What happen to the Back to back Main Event Winners???? :D That is only a 3 man Culb Here In the NFFC... :confused: 13 week points totals will happen year after year....And grow and grow...

:D :D :D

The 13 week total points for the main is a great change though....Haven't posted but Love all the changes to the Main you have made.
[/QUOTE]Johnny,

Although back to back is VERY impressive, I would think since the NFFC is only 3 years young, that ANY two time winner should be recognized.

That being said, I would be curious to know how many two time winners there would be if the current format of splitting the $5,000, and playing for the other $2,500 during the 3 week playoff was implemented back in 2004? As this has been said, this is the BEST way to determine the TRUE champion of each league (far too much luck involved with simple "head to head").

I don't know the answer, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if it was NONE. :eek:
[/QUOTE]Billy,

Wasn't bragging....Just was asking Greg a question. I remember when the thread was going about the topic of the 13 week total and the Record's. And Greg said he was going to make some prizes for us.....Just curious about if there would be prizes for the Records this year also...

I do agree with you about how many guys have won total points back 2 back. But the rules are the rules when we are playing and you can't take anything away from guys for that. There are two many factors.
[/QUOTE]Not a problem Johnny, and while I agree that we do "play by the rules", and the head to head winner has got the most $$$, it certainly doesn't mean they were TRULY the better team.

The goal for EVERY team each week is to score AS MANY POINTS AS POSSIBLE, factors like "who we play" are COMPLETELY out of our control. I KNOW you are a "points man" Johnny. You had a GREAT season Johnny, but deep down, you know FI$HER did better, and was more deserving of the $5,000.

If you don't believe that, it is only a matter of time before YOU have the most points (but not best record), have a crummy 3 weeks in the playoffs, and end up on the "other side of the fence", and only get the $2,500.
[/QUOTE]Billy.....ROFLMAO.

I have!!!!!!!! The year before. I Won both and only got paid for one...H2H. Another point, Greg had it set up so if your team was up there at total points, Like fisher. He won $12,000 in the championship round...

As for fisher getting the more total points then me in the League....I was missing Like 4 stud players the whole year...Fitzgerald was my #2 pick...Anyways ijuries happen....I give his cousin and the team props for doing what they did...But really his team is only one guy and he takes credit for what someone else did....
I.W
Johnny Frisella

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:46 am

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
Okay, thanks to Jules reminding me to do this, I've added another prize to our NFFC Prizes link. We'll give a 2008 NFFC free entry to the team that has the most points after Week 13 of the regular season. Jules set the NFFC record last year and earned a free entry this year and I'll gladly give another one next year to the team that beats 363 other teams through 13 weeks.

Thanks for the reminder Jules. I didn't forget about this, but I did forget to add this to the Prizes page. It's official now. Good luck everyone. Greg,

What happen to the Back to back Main Event Winners???? :D That is only a 3 man Club Here In the NFFC... :confused: 13 week points totals will happen year after year....And grow and grow...

The 13 week total points for the main is a great change though....Haven't posted but Love all the changes to the Main you have made.
[/QUOTE]
I.W
Johnny Frisella

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:32 am

What happen to the Back to back Main Event Winners???? :D That is only a 3 man Culb Here In the NFFC... :confused: 13 week points totals will happen year after year....And grow and grow...

[/QUOTE]Johnny,

Although back to back is VERY impressive, I would think since the NFFC is only 3 years young, that ANY two time winner should be recognized.

That being said, I would be curious to know how many two time winners there would be if the current format of splitting the $5,000, and playing for the other $2,500 during the 3 week playoff was implemented back in 2004? As this has been said, this is the BEST way to determine the TRUE champion of each league (far too much luck involved with simple "head to head").

[/QUOTE]Billy,

Wasn't bragging....Just was asking Greg a question. I remember when the thread was going about the topic of the 13 week total and the Record's. And Greg said he was going to make some prizes for us.....Just curious about if there would be prizes for the Records this year also...

I do agree with you about how many guys have won total points back 2 back. But the rules are the rules when we are playing and you can't take anything away from guys for that. There are two many factors.
[/QUOTE]Not a problem Johnny, and while I agree that we do "play by the rules", and the head to head winner has got the most $$$, it certainly doesn't mean they were TRULY the better team.

The goal for EVERY team each week is to score AS MANY POINTS AS POSSIBLE, factors like "who we play" are COMPLETELY out of our control. I KNOW you are a "points man" Johnny. You had a GREAT season Johnny, but deep down, you know FI$HER did better, and was more deserving of the $5,000.

If you don't believe that, it is only a matter of time before YOU have the most points (but not best record), have a crummy 3 weeks in the playoffs, and end up on the "other side of the fence", and only get the $2,500.

I have!!!!!!!! The year before. I Won both and only got paid for one...H2H.
[/QUOTE]????????? :confused:

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you win $5,000 for that? Under the new system, you cannot under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE win more than that this year (for your individual league of course).

$2,500 for being H2H or points + $2,500 for scoring more points in the 3 week playoff is the same as winning BOTH after Week 13, and getting $5,000.

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:39 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:

[/QUOTE]Johnny,

[/QUOTE]Billy,

I have!!!!!!!! The year before. I Won both and only got paid for one...H2H.
[/QUOTE]????????? :confused:

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you win $5,000 for that? Under the new system, you cannot under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE win more than that this year (for your individual league of course).

$2,500 for being H2H or points + $2,500 for scoring more points in the 3 week playoff is the same as winning BOTH after Week 13, and getting $5,000.
[/QUOTE]
I.W
Johnny Frisella

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:43 am

Im pretty sure that money was changed last year... Because they gave the other money to the guy with the second best total points. and I got the h2h....I forget the way it went down....But I know I didn't get both payouts...
I.W
Johnny Frisella

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:58 am

RI, who was the driving force behind your main event team's success in 2005?

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:26 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
RI, who was the driving force behind your main event team's success in 2005? Me and LT2...... :D

If you are also hinting that I had a partner...I drafted the team along with another friend of mine. A guy named shad. Eddie was also part of the team to. The number one pick was in my name. Eddie didn't start wrecking are team until Me and shad where 6-0. And Then Eddie Knew His main event team was done like all the rest of them he has done by himself.

King, I don't spend hundreds on books and cheet sheets to win my leagues. I make all my own rankings every year. Again, If you are saying Eddie drafted this team, How come Eddie had the Number 1 pick all by him self this year....I had the 14 pick with LT2's best year and won my league?????

Eddie will never win a Main event on his own...He can try to take the credit for it....But he has done three main event on his own and has come away with no cash in the main event....

King, Eddie tells everyone in are town that he beat me in the main this year ...He also tells everyone he finished in the top 13-16 overall. Which if you check the standings Eddie finished third to last in the final championship standings...

Anyways, I will keep winning the Main events and you can think what you want....But the facts are the facts.....If you or anyone out there wants the truth please feel free to ask....
I.W
Johnny Frisella

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:25 pm

So some guy by the name of Shad is the driving force behind your success.....very interesting!

In regard to Eddie Jag, he is not only one of the great minds of Fantasy Football, and a true competitor with a heart of gold, but a genuine nice guy as well...

He sorta reminds me of Tom Landry with long hair and no suit
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:53 pm

Im pretty sure that money was changed last year... Because they gave the other money to the guy with the second best total points. and I got the h2h....I forget the way it went down....But I know I didn't get both payouts... Johnny,

You and Eddie got $5,000, while that guy got $2,500.

Payouts haven't changed until this upcoming season. 5K went to the H2H, $2,500 went to 2nd.

Now seeing that you and Eddie split the $5,000, then you only did get $2,500.