UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Gordon Gekko

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:58 pm

Originally posted by Go Getta:
I think with the injuries and suspensions that will be coming in the next few weeks we have sured up our backfield till Bush comes back from injury. i agree with the first part, but not sure when/if bush will be back and functioning at the same level. his knees aren't his friends...
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:59 pm

It's crazy how that stuff works. Kind of like last year where we paid 525 for Stecker and I think the next highest bid was like 200. We overpaid but he ultimately took us to the promise land. how do u see the carries, catches, and td's being divided up this week between mcallister, stecker and thomas?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Inf4life

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Inf4life » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:00 pm

I think Bush will be fine when he comes back. He has been playing with a bum knee all year and has played just fine. It finally gave out on him and he is getting it fixed. It can only help him. With Deuce sure to be out and Bush out for around 4 weeks. Stecker is in the same situation that he was in last year. I'm just hoping for similar results.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

CC's Desperados

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by CC's Desperados » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:01 pm

It's crazy how that stuff works. Kind of like last year where we paid 525 for Stecker and I think the next highest bid was like 200. We overpaid but he ultimately took us to the promise land. Ryan...not that it matters...after I looked at you pick ups for the year and all your post here, what's the deal with every bid in $25 increments?

Inf4life

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Inf4life » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:04 pm

I think deuce is gonna pound the rock and thomas might come in as the third down back. NO is weird when it comes to splitting time. The weather is supposed to be pretty bad again so I think they will run the ball a lot Sunday. I see Deuce going for about 80 yards and a TD, Thomas about 40 yards rushing and 30 yards receiving. I don't know if Stecker will have a big role this game. His time will come though.

Inf4life

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Inf4life » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:07 pm

Honestly Shawn, didn't really plan it that way. I just sort of round it off at 25 I guess. I see bids at like $7,$113. I don't know where it comes from.

Greg Ambrosius

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:17 am

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

Then we can all just move on and just talk about football. I've always favored this Kevin but it's sort of unfair to only deal with something 1/2 way. I wrote something I wanted Greg to respond to. I feel it was a legit comment.

If there's no opportunity for a response...then my assumptions must be true!
[/QUOTE]Jeff, if you have a question for me you are more than welcome to ask it here or another thread. I addressed the Snake post last night, asked Tom to help me out and then put my three kids to bed. I did not log back onto the boards after my initial post because my family is more important than this, but I trust however Tom handled things after that is fine by me.

I will gladly address the actions we are taking on the boards in a separate thread and told Glenn I would explain myself today when I had time. It's a shame that Tom and I need to be on these boards 24/7 to monitor one person who seems to enjoy attacking our customers. If any person can't adhere to the ethics we ask on these boards and we repeatedly ask him to adhere to those rules, then something has to be done.

This is an open message board, but it's open to customers who pay a lot of money to compete in our contest. Yeah, some folks think anything should go here, but I don't see any reason why I should allow someone to berate my customers until they've had it and decide to leave. When we get to that point, then a decision has to be made and I'm making that decision. And it's final.

Good luck everyone the rest of the way and the message boards are still open for business.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Boo

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Boo » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:39 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

Then we can all just move on and just talk about football. I've always favored this Kevin but it's sort of unfair to only deal with something 1/2 way. I wrote something I wanted Greg to respond to. I feel it was a legit comment.

If there's no opportunity for a response...then my assumptions must be true!
[/QUOTE]Jeff, if you have a question for me you are more than welcome to ask it here or another thread. I addressed the Snake post last night, asked Tom to help me out and then put my three kids to bed. I did not log back onto the boards after my initial post because my family is more important than this, but I trust however Tom handled things after that is fine by me.

I will gladly address the actions we are taking on the boards in a separate thread and told Glenn I would explain myself today when I had time. It's a shame that Tom and I need to be on these boards 24/7 to monitor one person who seems to enjoy attacking our customers. If any person can't adhere to the ethics we ask on these boards and we repeatedly ask him to adhere to those rules, then something has to be done.

This is an open message board, but it's open to customers who pay a lot of money to compete in our contest. Yeah, some folks think anything should go here, but I don't see any reason why I should allow someone to berate my customers until they've had it and decide to leave. When we get to that point, then a decision has to be made and I'm making that decision. And it's final.

Good luck everyone the rest of the way and the message boards are still open for business.
[/QUOTE]as a mostly long time observer of this board i have to say that i am disappointed in the actions taken here. there is clearly a double standard that most have seen applied here for years. i will miss snake and think that this decision was unfair. i'm sorry but thats just my opinion.
Long Live Truth & Justice

Greg Ambrosius

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:49 am

Sorry Boo, but no double standard here. Glenn was told repeatedly the one thing I didn't want done here -- in fact, even in a PM yesterday afternoon -- and yet he chose to continue the personal attacks. NOBODY else has continually carried on the way he has.

Sorry for our actions, but I trust others will provide enough content and action on the boards going forward.

Oh, and Glenn, I know this is your other MB account.

[ October 25, 2008, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Route Collectors

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:14 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Sorry Boo, but no double standard here. Glenn was told repeatedly the one thing I didn't want done here -- in fact, even in a PM yesterday afternoon -- and yet he chose to continue the personal attacks. NOBODY else has continually carried on the way he has.

Sorry for our actions, but I trust others will provide enough content and action on the boards going forward. Greg I have no doubt seen the snake posts that carried on over a long time.

I thought you had more reason to ban him earlier in the year than this time. Of course there has NEVER been a thread with such slanderous posts as the one Gekko attacked you on earlier this year...if we're keeping score here.

I would suggest that you go back and re-read the posts in which Glenn was accused of starting this mess. It's simply not true. The thread was moving along fine. Gekko made the first dig. He also followed it up by jumping on Glenns first comment "coltsfag" and running to you like he seems to enjoy.

Are you kidding me...coltsfag...LMAO. A selective offense if you ask me. Gekko should stay away from trying to police the MB as he has been one of it's biggest offenders consistantly over the last 5 years....his MB sarcasm has offended many of your customers has it not?

Snake calls me routeshe...who cares...I know he's just kidding around. Gekko shouldn't be allowed so much influence on these forums.

I mean...he calls snake out over the coltsfag comment and immediately you reprimand snake. that just seems too buddy buddy to me.

I'm not saying you're not fair Greg...but I can't change how it looks to the viewer. Gekko gets treated differently on this MB by you and that's just a fact...sorry.