I Hate This Game Sometimes

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:29 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...based on ADP you'd have to say after 3 weeks that Evans is the biggest bust thus far...SNAKE My vote goes to none other than the great LT2...based on ADP :D
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:45 am

Originally posted by da bears:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by da bears:
Yeah Steve Smith really made me mad yesterday, but at least your Packers won Tom. My Bears looked dreadful last night Its going to be a long year this year I fear for the Bears. Grossman's awful. And the Cowboys' offense is pretty damn good. I talked about this on my radio show last Friday but I've never understood why when a good defense faces a good offense the advantage automatically goes to the defense? Why shouldn't the offense get the nod? I've never understood that. [/QUOTE]Yep I agree Grossman is really awful. I think Grossman will be on the bench soon especially if they lose to detroit this week. The Cowboys look great and with Marion Barber running the ball like that they are the team to beat in the NFC right now.
[/QUOTE]The Vikings have a QB that threw 4 INTs last week ... and played a 34 year old Kelly Holcomb in his place ... which was an UPGRADE! We would kill for Grossman to be our starter!

We'll trade T Jackson for Grossman straight up!

or we'll even throw in Holcomb for Griese to sweeten the deal if you want.
Hakuna Matata!

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:48 am

Originally posted by Primo:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
...based on ADP you'd have to say after 3 weeks that Evans is the biggest bust thus far...SNAKE My vote goes to none other than the great LT2...based on ADP :D [/QUOTE]Based on ADP i'd give it to the other L initial...LJ..What a DOG he's been thus far.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:51 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Yeah Steve Smith really made me mad yesterday, but at least your Packers won Tom. My Bears looked dreadful last night Its going to be a long year this year I fear for the Bears. Grossman's awful. And the Cowboys' offense is pretty damn good. I talked about this on my radio show last Friday but I've never understood why when a good defense faces a good offense the advantage automatically goes to the defense? Why shouldn't the offense get the nod? I've never understood that. [/QUOTE]Yep I agree Grossman is really awful. I think Grossman will be on the bench soon especially if they lose to detroit this week. The Cowboys look great and with Marion Barber running the ball like that they are the team to beat in the NFC right now.
[/QUOTE]The Vikings have a QB that threw 4 INTs last week ... and played a 34 year old Kelly Holcomb in his place ... which was an UPGRADE! We would kill for Grossman to be our starter!

We'll trade T Jackson for Grossman straight up!

or we'll even throw in Holcomb for Griese to sweeten the deal if you want.
[/QUOTE]The Vikings' decision to pass on Leftwich was asinine. I'm not a big Leftwich fan but he'd be a HUGE upgrade for that team. He's worked with crap receivers before so that'd be nothing new but he would give them a solid QB at worst. Combine that with a standout running game, a terrific run defense and an overall defense that is aggressive and can force turnovers and now you have a team that can make some noise in the NFC this season.

It's absolutely shocking to me that the Vikings thought going with Jackson, Holcomb and Bollinger was the way to go. The most important position on the field and you go with that collection of garbage? You deserve what you get when you make decisions like that in my opinion.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

renman

Post by renman » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:52 am

Tom,

I am more shocked by Steve Smith and Rudi Johnson. Smith is the kind of receiver who should be getting points at the very least on 3-5 WR screens per week. I took him simply because of his explosive upside and that I did not expect him to ever have REALLY bad games (outside of injury). Chad Johnson could have some bad games on weeks when TJ Housh shines or Rudi Johnson shines. To see Smith have a game like that (which killed me as I have him in almost every league) shocked me.

I am also surprised by Rudi Johnson. How a team that can pass that effectively can't run is beyond me. Surely he is not seeing defenses focused on jamming the run. Maybe that is one of those offensive lines that can pass block, but not run block?

The Brady-Moss connection is scaring me. I wanted Brady bad this year but never was able to get him(did not want Moss with all the question marks going into the season). I can't complain too much as my second favorite QB after all my analysis was Romo and I have him on almost all teams. Outside of injury, I can't see why Moss would fall off the map. So much for the "Brady will spread the ball around" logic... That logic did make Maroney a "no chance to be on my team unless he drops into the late 2nd round" player...

Ok, my rant is done...

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:55 am

It's one thing to have one stud player underperform. That can happen. But when three stink up the joint in the same week? That's just a killer. Those three guys killed me in my main league and Smith, Walker and LJ killed Greg and I in WCOFF. You simply can't have your top 3 guys throw up dogs in the same week. No way to recover from that.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

LETSROLL2007

Post by LETSROLL2007 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:25 am

No one has mentioned Reggie Brown. 2 passes thrown his way. And while Curtis is running freely after over 10 catches, 200 yards, and 3 TD's, the lame lions never did figure they might want to not single cover that guy. Mostly it's the coaches in the league that frustrate us with their 3rd grade level game plans that my 5 year old can figure out...

O.K. that's enough for this rant.....

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:49 am

Originally posted by Barry Sanders:
No one has mentioned Reggie Brown. 2 passes thrown his way. And while Curtis is running freely after over 10 catches, 200 yards, and 3 TD's, the lame lions never did figure they might want to not single cover that guy. On at least one of the Kevin Curtis touchdowns, the Lions were playing the Tampa Zero defense. :eek:

Watch the highlights on NFL.com and take note of the video between 1:33 and 1:43. I especially like the end of the play where the Detroit defensive back throws his hands up in frustration.

With defense like that, no wonder NFFC scoring is up over the first 3 weeks.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:13 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
It's one thing to have one stud player underperform. That can happen. But when three stink up the joint in the same week? That's just a killer. Those three guys killed me in my main league and Smith, Walker and LJ killed Greg and I in WCOFF. You simply can't have your top 3 guys throw up dogs in the same week. No way to recover from that. YEAH THAT FLAT OUT STINKS TOM. HOWEVER SMITH AND WALKER I WOULD CUT A LIITLE SLACK BECAUSE THEY HELP CARRY YOU OVER THE LAST TWO WEEKS BUT L.J. YUCK!!! I FIND MYSELF NOT GETTING MAD AT A PLAYER WHO HAS CARRIED ME THEN TAKES A WEEK OFF BUT WHEN A PLAYER HASN'T DONE ANYTHING LIKE L.J. THEN THAT SUCKS.