Jared Danielsen Leads NFFC Online Championship

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:11 am

Jared also deserves major props for this - he drafted Calvin Johnson with the #1 overall pick in his Saturday evening Primetime league in Chicago. He said ahead of time he was going to do it, and he did it. he then took Mike Wallace at 2.12, which I KNEW he would do rather than let that gift come back to us at 3.1. How many of you would have started WR, WR, TE in your drafts at #1 overall? Almost nobody. That is the team that currently sits #2 overall.

He then got Hightower in the 4th and Fred Jackson in the 8th for his RB's. That is darn good drafting.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:02 pm

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
Jared also deserves major props for this - he drafted Calvin Johnson with the #1 overall pick in his Saturday evening Primetime league in Chicago. He said ahead of time he was going to do it, and he did it. he then took Mike Wallace at 2.12, which I KNEW he would do rather than let that gift come back to us at 3.1. How many of you would have started WR, WR, TE in your drafts at #1 overall? Almost nobody. That is the team that currently sits #2 overall.

He then got Hightower in the 4th and Fred Jackson in the 8th for his RB's. That is darn good drafting. People probably thought he was totally insane for doing that, but I like it.

You pretty much have to throw out the ADP book in drafts nowadays, and just take YOUR guys when the opportunity presents itself.

Great job Jared!!!

Erok

Post by Erok » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:03 pm

633 points is just beyond ridiculous!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Wow! I didn't realize he was in 29 Online leagues! :eek: I guess he likes the format. :D

Seriously, though, Jared is among the group of NFFC players who are in a large number of leagues. The same holds true for the FFPC. They have a lot of people who took a lot of teams in their events as well. Some people took a lot of teams in both national events. A lot of people like to play in as many leagues as possible to enhance their chances of winning and for the enjoyment of it. Jared's a good guy and obviously a very good player. Nice to see him off to a great start.

[ September 28, 2011, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich