A crazy weekend for an NFFC addict...

Nutty Scrat

Post by Nutty Scrat » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:30 am

Originally posted by Diesel-MoJo Rising:
I totally understand this... :D
I know this is NUTS, but there have been SO MANY TIMES that I turn the TV on and my kicker is about to kick a field goal. I watch it with a bad feeling in my gut, and he misses. Every freaking time. I mean EVERY, FREAKING, TIME...lol. It would be hilarious if my wife ever video taped me when I was watching football and my kicker comes on the field, and I can't find the remote, in a panic, to shut the TV off in time to NOT WATCH the field goal... :D [/QB][/quote]
Diesel. I really do feel your pain. LOL I'm the same way with kickers. You watch they miss. I have Gould in a league and the point was so proven Monday night. He couldn't hit a FG if he tried! LOL Maybe I should have sent him some Pringles! ROFL
Ed

renman

Post by renman » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:07 am

Originally posted by Route C:
Renman....you should win "man of the year" for making that trip. Thank goodness that Brees saved your day huh! Route C,

Thanks for the kind words. Though I think "man of the year" should goto FISHER for his post. That was great stuff. Not to get overly mushy here, but it sort of made me think some about my young son. You are right Route C, the other "man of the year" should be Drew Brees! I think I come in 3rd for my trip that weekend.

The worst part of the trip was when we were driving down an ocean front road in this retirement island community and it was Sunday morning. Just as my my Grandmother-in-law was talking about the afternoon lunch she arranged with her artist friends we were passing what looked to be an oceanfront sports bar with a massive sign outside saying "WE HAVE THE NFL TICKET..."

As I stared out the window from the backseat of her 1983 Cadillac, forlorn from knowing I wont be visiting that sports bar, a tear slowly rolled down my cheek... Luckily I was made to feel better by Maurice Jones-Drew a few hours later...

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:10 am

Originally posted by Nutty Scrat:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel-MoJo Rising:
I totally understand this... :D
I know this is NUTS, but there have been SO MANY TIMES that I turn the TV on and my kicker is about to kick a field goal. I watch it with a bad feeling in my gut, and he misses. Every freaking time. I mean EVERY, FREAKING, TIME...lol. It would be hilarious if my wife ever video taped me when I was watching football and my kicker comes on the field, and I can't find the remote, in a panic, to shut the TV off in time to NOT WATCH the field goal... :D [/QUOTE]Diesel. I really do feel your pain. LOL I'm the same way with kickers. You watch they miss. I have Gould in a league and the point was so proven Monday night. He couldn't hit a FG if he tried! LOL Maybe I should have sent him some Pringles! ROFL [/QB][/quote]

Nutty Scrat...Never underestimate the power of a pringle... :D
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:04 pm

Originally posted by renman:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:
Renman....you should win "man of the year" for making that trip. Thank goodness that Brees saved your day huh! Route C,

The worst part of the trip was when we were driving down an ocean front road in this retirement island community and it was Sunday morning. Just as my my Grandmother-in-law was talking about the afternoon lunch she arranged with her artist friends we were passing what looked to be an oceanfront sports bar with a massive sign outside saying "WE HAVE THE NFL TICKET..."

[/QUOTE]DOH!

renman

Post by renman » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:25 am

On a side-note, my previous weekend full of fantasy football viewing challenges will be followed with relatives visiting for the entire weekend this week. Now I have made it quite clear I will be ignoring anyone when NFL games are on. I have asked that if anyone has a choking problem that someone else know the Heimlich maneuver because I wont be available.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:43 am

Originally posted by renman:
On a side-note, my previous weekend full of fantasy football viewing challenges will be followed with relatives visiting for the entire weekend this week. Now I have made it quite clear I will be ignoring anyone when NFL games are on. I have asked that if anyone has a choking problem that someone else know the Heimlich maneuver because I wont be available. That's funny! :D

renman

Post by renman » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:58 am

Route C,

I am considered a funny guy. I believe that is my first usage of a smiling face icon here.

Dave Clum

Post by Dave Clum » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:47 pm

It happened again Gore 34 yds rushing at the half.Went to bed 144 yds and a TD.Wow,If I shut down my directv I can win this thing.