Could We Combine KDS With Early Draft Slot Positions?

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:10 am

Why not give people the option ? If they want an early draft pick (say by aug 1) money in and KDS need to be set by july 31. If they want to wait then they wait until the normal deadline. It seems more and more are taking down multiple ME teams so you can choose 1 of each deadline.

Just means more juggling and squeezing into even league totals for you guys but you're pros at it.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:15 am

I totally agree with C and D.

The "draft plan" is a fluid process and I would prefer to wait as long as possible to try and maximize the potential of KDS. Otherwise, why even do it?

If you are moving up the date to help folks who need extra time to prepare, then KDS is meaningless to them as they care more about getting one early than using KDS to their advantage.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:21 am

lets face it guys.....its all about money. how can the nffc grow to compete with the ffpc now that the wcoff is gone? how can they take some of the players that got screwed from the wcoff? how do you stop the ffpc from taking all of these players?

these are questions that need to be address by ownership.....cause the way it looks now, the ffpc took the majority of the wcoff people.

now i and several people i know are playing here this year. we like the lineup and scoring system much better then the ffpc. but come next year if the ffpc is at 900 teams and the nffc is still only around 250, my group will have to make a decision on whether to go with the big guy or not. and i truly think many people feel this way.

people like playing for 200k or even 300k first place prize. it is what brought people to the wcoff.

[ August 17, 2011, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: thegambler ]

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:46 am

With random slot assignments the earlier the better; with KDS, the later the better. The appeal with KDS is being able to incorporate all the latest news into your draft slot selection. For instance, slot 6 may currently be your favorite slot because you know you can get one of the top 6 RB's (all in tier one) and have an earlier pick in rounds two and three than the other drafters getting a tier one RB. Now assume Foster's hamstring turns into a major problem and CJ2K holds out the entire preseason or Rice blows out a knee in the 4th preseason game; now slot 6 may be much less desirable. A lot can happen in the last week or two leading up to the season.
Of course, if you determine sign ups will improve with an early draft slot announcement then the choice is pretty simple, imo. My guess would be that the majority of seasoned veterans would prefer waiting but the masses would prefer "Christmas Morning in July". But with the early announcement you'd really dilute the impact of KDS, imo. Although, even with an early slot assignment KDS is still a better method, but less so.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:51 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:
Why not give people the option ? If they want an early draft pick (say by aug 1) money in and KDS need to be set by july 31. If they want to wait then they wait until the normal deadline. It seems more and more are taking down multiple ME teams so you can choose 1 of each deadline.

Just means more juggling and squeezing into even league totals for you guys but you're pros at it. I think this is a great idea provided it wouldn't be too much on Greg and Tom.

Baker Boy

Post by Baker Boy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:57 am

Originally posted by thegambler:
lets face it guys.....its all about money. how can the nffc grow to compete with the ffpc now that the wcoff is gone? how can they take some of the players that got screwed from the wcoff? how do you stop the ffpc from taking all of these players?

these are questions that need to be address by ownership.....cause the way it looks now, the ffpc took the majority of the wcoff people.

now i and several people i know are playing here this year. we like the lineup and scoring system much better then the ffpc. but come next year if the ffpc is at 900 teams and the nffc is still only around 250, my group will have to make a decision on whether to go with the big guy or not. and i truly think many people feel this way.

people like playing for 200k or even 300k first place prize. it is what brought people to the wcoff. Why? Many of us play in both because there are differences.I will support both leagues.

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:07 am

Originally posted by Baker Boy:
quote:Originally posted by thegambler:

people like playing for 200k or even 300k first place prize. it is what brought people to the wcoff. Why? Many of us play in both because there are differences.I will support both leagues.
[/QUOTE]yes, you might play in both but i think most people pick a league and stay with that one league. i would say a very large majority of people do it that way.

hey, i am here this year. i have committed my money to playing two main event teams here and probably a couple of sats. i have also talked several guys i know to come over here from the wcoff. so lets see how this year goes.

just trying to help or give constructive advice.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:07 am

Originally posted by Baker Boy:
quote:Originally posted by thegambler:

[/QUOTE]Absolutely!

I like playing in a league with 14 teams, KDS, 3RR, etc. and I like playing in a 12 team 1 PPR/1.5 for TE's.

FFPC will eventually have a 1 in over 100 chance at the 200K, and the NFFC is in the 1 in 60 range for 100K.

Both offer different things, and there is room enough for both in this space.

[ August 17, 2011, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:10 am

There is strategy behind setting your KDS, but if your announcing draft slots early then that strategy goes out the window. I want as much time possible to take in all information before deciding where to set my KDS. If it was random selection then great, pick draft slots in July for all I care.

To have the best of both worlds I think you would have to give players both options similar to what Steve said. For players is knowing early on (August) where they are going to pick more important than gathering information and have some control of where you want to pick (September).

I'm just not sure how you would fit all the players into their respective leagues by doing both?
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.