I'll Chat Today At 2 PM ET

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:18 am

Tom, I don't believe you weighed in on the question Greg posed last week. Can you win drafting Brady in round 1. First what's your opinion and then what do you see as the pros and cons of selecting Brady in round 1. Also, if you do believe he is worth a 1st round selection; at what point would you consider selecting him?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:21 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
Tom, I don't believe you weighed in on the question Greg posed last week. Can you win drafting Brady in round 1. First what's your opinion and then what do you see as the pros and cons of selecting Brady in round 1. Also, if you do believe he is worth a 1st round selection; at what point would you consider selecting him? I think you can but you can't afford to miss on the RBs you draft after the first round. My personal opinion is I wouldn't take a QB in the first just like I wouldn't take a starting pitcher in the first of a baseball draft. Just personal preference. I think you spend the rest of the draft chasing other positions - notably RBs.

I will say this, though: If the QBs keep getting worse and worse in the years to come I will re-think that approach. There are only 7 QBs I feel good about as my starter this year with Brady obviously on that list. If that number continues to shrink, taking a QB in the first round will become something to consider.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:22 am

Since you opened the box....who are your seven QBs Tom?

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:23 am

Wes Welker and Brandon Marshall helped a lot of teams win last year. Who do you see as having a chance to put up Welker/Marshall numbers this year and have the opportunity to be drafted where Welker/Marshall were in 2007?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:24 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Since you opened the box....who are your seven QBs Tom? 1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Romo
4. Brees
5. Palmer
6. Anderson
7. Roethlisberger

I'd probably put Hasselbeck on that list as well. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'd bump it up to 8 to include him.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:26 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Since you opened the box....who are your seven QBs Tom? 1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Romo
4. Brees
5. Palmer
6. Anderson
7. Roethlisberger

I'd probably put Hasselbeck on that list as well. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'd bump it up to 8 to include him.
[/QUOTE]1) Good you had me concerned leaving Hass off

2) Obviously that means you don't trust Soup Boy's health enough to draft him. How far would he have to fall for you to draft him as your QB2?

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:27 am

Tom I trust/hope Iola isn't under water like many places in Wisconsin. Is everyone there okay? Any problems in the surrounding areas?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:28 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
Wes Welker and Brandon Marshall helped a lot of teams win last year. Who do you see as having a chance to put up Welker/Marshall numbers this year and have the opportunity to be drafted where Welker/Marshall were in 2007? I'm not sure anybody will emerge quite the way Welker did. That was pretty incredible. However, I think the WR with the biggest chance to vault into the Top 20 or Top 25 is Anthony Gonzalez. His ADP right now is 86 which means you can get him in the seventh round of an NFFC draft. So he could be your WR3 or WR4 and end up giving you WR2 production.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:28 am

Do you see any of this year's rookie RB's having a shot to put up top 10 #'s. If so which one(s). If not which rookie RB's do you believe will put up the best stats?

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:29 am

HEY TOM ASSUMING THAT DEUCE MCALLISTER COMES BACK HEALTHY WILL HE BE BETTER "VALUE" PICK THAN BUSH CONSIDERING HE WILL BE THE FIRST, SECOND DOWN AND GOAL LINE BACK.

VERSUS

BUSH BEING THE THIRD DOWN AND RECEIVEING SPOT CARRIES HERE AND THERE ALONG WITH SOME PASSING FORMATIONS

WITH BUSH GOING IN THE SECOND ROUND ON AVERAGE AND MCALLISTER GOING IN THE SEVENTH ROUND ON AVERAGE.