Let's talk QB's

edelman24

Let's talk QB's

Post by edelman24 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:27 am

Route C..

I disagree with you as Last Year we took Manning in the 2nd round along with a terrible 1st and 3rd round pick (Edge and Jamal) and we went down to the final game on Christmas day, eventually finishing 3rd. If you know what you are doing and have the right players work out for you, you can win from any draft position taking any player you want. All you need is production and with Peyton you will get that.

IHU

pizzatyme

Let's talk QB's

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:42 am

I feel that with 3RR, Manning is a viable option in the first since you don't have to wait so long for your next 2 picks.

Just my humble opinion since I am new to this format. I defer to the fantasy gurus on these boards.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Teebags1

Let's talk QB's

Post by Teebags1 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:10 am

I agree with the Brady assumption, with Moss, Stallworth and co. lining up in a 4 WR set is going to be scary for Defenses. But with that being said, could set up the decoy like Belichick's known for to run a shotgun draw or screen to Maroney.

Second, Smith losing his OC is going to hurt and the addition of Jackson should help but injury ridden and still havinbg soreness might play well into the year as Defenses stack the box.

And last, my QB that's really undervalued- Steve McNair. Old by NFL standards, but reliable. Now with a healthy running attack along with a seasoned vet Derrick Mason and new guys coming on strong (Clayton and Williams), This team will push Cincy for the division. The first game when Billick took over calling offense the Ravens went 9-1 in the reg. season and McNair had a 90+ rating. Compiled 11 TD's and 5 Int's with 1 game he got hurt in and only took 4 snaps. If you avg. that out it would be 20+ TD's and around 10 INT's. And put in a better run game this year he could have a real good season.
Marriage is the leading cause of impotence.

Route Collectors

Let's talk QB's

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:21 am

Originally posted by edelman24:
Route C..

I disagree with you as Last Year we took Manning in the 2nd round along with a terrible 1st and 3rd round pick (Edge and Jamal) and we went down to the final game on Christmas day, eventually finishing 3rd. Time will tell if my prediction is correct or not. You guys were close but still didn't win which makes my statement accurate. ;)

Route Collectors

Let's talk QB's

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:31 am

Route C..

I disagree with you as Last Year we took Manning in the 2nd round along with a terrible 1st and 3rd round pick (Edge and Jamal) and we went down to the final game on Christmas day, eventually finishing 3rd. If you know what you are doing and have the right players work out for you, you can win from any draft position taking any player you want. All you need is production and with Peyton you will get that.

IHU You just said you blew your 1st and 3rd pick and then followed up with "If you know what you're doing" as a qualifier to "winning".

So if you knew what you were doing...why did you blow 2 of your first 3 picks?

Give credit to lady luck...as she has helped many an owner bring home the trophy.

Route Collectors

Let's talk QB's

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:32 am

Route C..

you can win from any draft position taking any player you want.
IHU You can't be serious! :rolleyes:

edelman24

Let's talk QB's

Post by edelman24 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:46 am

I think my track record is good enough to show that my performance is no where near lady luck..but you can think whatever you like..considering we did blow 2 of our first 3 picks we should have had no chance to win, I guess we have some sort of idea what we are doing later in the draft to come that close..

edelman24

Let's talk QB's

Post by edelman24 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:48 am

I'm dead serious...of course when I say taking any player you want I mean with in reason for that draft spot...

[ June 04, 2007, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: edelman24 ]

RI WORKHORSE

Let's talk QB's

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:13 am

I think my track record is good enough to show that my performance is no where near lady luck..but you can think whatever you like..considering we did blow 2 of our first 3 picks we should have had no chance to win, I guess we have some sort of idea what we are doing later in the draft to come that close.. RC,

Team Hulking Us are great fantasy players. They have great fantasy minds. I will back them up and say They have more skills then luck. I have been in NYC for three years and have done 3 auction's and been in other leagues with them. Hulking us , and The Zwickel brother's know there stuff. The two teams are guys I always keep a eye on in the Drafts.
I.W
Johnny Frisella

RI WORKHORSE

Let's talk QB's

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:15 am

RC,

You and Billy should join the Tag team DC and Ill Tag with The Hulks and we will show you what luck is......lol
I.W
Johnny Frisella