LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

mikeybok

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by mikeybok » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:08 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
quote:Originally posted by DOOMSDAY:
F#$! that, grow a sac and bid accordingly BIG D...like ur style. that was my thoughts , but your words sound better. [/QUOTE]Very nice! ... you really want in the same bucket with that?
Hakuna Matata!

pizzatyme

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:09 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
you make some valid points but on the other hand smart players can lock up a player . if you figure he will go for 200 aprox. then why not bid 999 and lock him up for 200+ . if its not broken dont fix it. Because some savvy owner will bid $800 or so and force you to spend $801 to get him?? Just a thought.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

pizzatyme

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:11 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Participant 2137:
I like it but I'm sure some will argue that they get to feel really smart when you overbid for a player.

For instance, in one of my leagues tonight, a WR went for over $600 and the final bid was more than double the next highest bidder.

Be prepared for the "it's part of the strategy" argument that is sure to follow. ...yep, that overly enthusiastic bidder doubled the next highest bidder!...hehehe...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Hey, he got his man. I applaud him for that.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

mikeybok

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by mikeybok » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:12 pm

Originally posted by Participant 2137:
quote:Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
you make some valid points but on the other hand smart players can lock up a player . if you figure he will go for 200 aprox. then why not bid 999 and lock him up for 200+ . if its not broken dont fix it. Because some savvy owner will bid $800 or so and force you to spend $801 to get him?? Just a thought. [/QUOTE]He is obviously worried SMART players will take advantage of him. He must get tired of that. I see his point. Maybe we could dumb it down more for him?
Hakuna Matata!

DOOMSDAY

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by DOOMSDAY » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:13 pm

Sorry for being so blunt UYT.

I just think that seems to be really big change in format and takes a lot of the guessing and gamesmanship out of it, which I find to be one of the more appealing parts of this game.

The waiting and deliberating over how much to spend and to see if you get somebody and if you get them for good value and so on seems add a little more excitement.

mikeybok

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by mikeybok » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:16 pm

Originally posted by DOOMSDAY:
Sorry for being so blunt UYT.

I just think that seems to be really big change in format and takes a lot of the guessing and gamesmanship out of it, which I find to be one of the more appealing parts of this game.

The waiting and deliberating over how much to spend and to see if you get somebody and if you get them for good value and so on seems add a little more excitement. I'm should lay off too (sorry). I agree with you statements about the excitement. I just think it's a trade off when you are playing for $100,000.00. I would give up excitement to get rid of the randomness of it.
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by mikeybok » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:20 pm

We had a shot an Maroney in FA tonight. We wanted him but didn't think we needed to shot are whole wad to get him (but were willing to). The guessing game of what others will bid is so random. The same guys go for $3 in one league and $540 in another. Seems like the guy who is willing to spend the most (not the best guesser) should get the player. That's all.

BTW ... we got him.

[ September 26, 2008, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Yellow Tomatoes ]
Hakuna Matata!

BillyWaz

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:24 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
We had a shot an Maroney in FA tonight. We wanted him but didn't think we needed to shot are whole wad to get him (but were willing to). The guessing game of what others will bid is so random. The same guys go for $3 in one league and $540 in another. Seems like the guy who is willing to spend the most (not the best guesser) should get the player. That's all. Mike,

Was Maroney available in your MAIN league??? :eek: