Week 13 Thoughts & Observations

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:36 am

Originally posted by Silver and Black:

As a Raider fan I hate to admit that the AFC West is the Broncos and Tebow's to lose. I think so too and have felt that way for the last couple of weeks, primarily due to the improved Denver defense. Of the two teams, Denver is the one that I think can step up defensively. I still feel that way even after seeing the Broncos get lit up by the Vikings. Oakland's defense simply isn't very good. But if Tebow keeps throwing the ball effectively that's going to make them even more dangerous.

Week 15's matchup between the Patriots and Broncos could be one of this season's best AFC showdowns. That could end up being Tebow's first 300-yard passing game of the season.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Erok

Post by Erok » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:48 am

I am still trying to figure out why the Panthers gave Deangelo Williams all that money!

Did they forget John Fox was not going to be their head coach and that they drafted a mobile QB?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:49 am

Originally posted by Erok:
I am still trying to figure out why the Panthers gave Deangelo Williams all that money!Never made a lick of sense considering they already had Stewart and had massive holes in so many other areas, most notably at WR opposite Smith and just about everywhere defensively. That was a horrible waste of money.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:53 am

Just realized that Cam Newton now leads the league in rushing TDs (13) I believe McCoy is 2nd with 12.

Will cam make it out of the 2nd round next year? :eek:

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:53 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Al R G:
The waiver wire pickup of the year, is no doubt, Victor Cruz. Sure, Tebow is putting up above average numbers, when he wasn't expected. Cruz is putting up "top of the league" numbers. Good call on Cruz. He's been outstanding. He's WR5 in the NFFC in average points per game. I agree he should get the nod over Tebow. [/QUOTE]He's really even been better than 5th in average PPG.  Seeing we're talking about waiver wire wonders, isn't it fairest to focus on his production AFTER he was claimed off waivers?  In most leagues, he was acquired during waiver runs on 9/23 or 9/30 - AFTER the Giants first two games.  From week 3 on, he's averaged 20.7 in 10 games, which would tie him for 3rd with Calvin. 

I agree, no doubt who this year's best waiver acquisition has been.

[ December 05, 2011, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:27 am

Sorry Bears fans, but Caleb Hanie isn't very good. On the bright side, if you're a Johnny Knox owner you've become a fan because Hanie sure does like throwing to Knox. But if you're the Bears, you pretty much have to sign Donovan McNabb. I'm not convinced he has much left but it's difficult to envision him not being an upgrade over Hanie.

First Jay Cutler. Now Matt Forte. It's definitely not easy being a Bears fan lately.You know it's bad when your team loses to a team quarterbacked by Tyler Palko. :eek:

Old School

Post by Old School » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:49 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Sorry Bears fans, but Caleb Hanie isn't very good. On the bright side, if you're a Johnny Knox owner you've become a fan because Hanie sure does like throwing to Knox. But if you're the Bears, you pretty much have to sign Donovan McNabb. I'm not convinced he has much left but it's difficult to envision him not being an upgrade over Hanie.

First Jay Cutler. Now Matt Forte. It's definitely not easy being a Bears fan lately.You know it's bad when your team loses to a team quarterbacked by Tyler Palko. :eek:
[/QUOTE]Jack, Did Tyler Palko "Tebow" after that Hail Mary to McCluster?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:28 am

Tebow's QB rating was the sixth-highest in Broncos' team history.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Old School

Post by Old School » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:16 am

Tebow's QB rating was the sixth-highest in Broncos' team history. Tom

Is it me or does Elway look pained and aggravated upstairs when Tebow does well?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:27 am

Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Tebow's QB rating was the sixth-highest in Broncos' team history. Tom

Is it me or does Elway look pained and aggravated upstairs when Tebow does well?
[/QUOTE]He sure did after the Jets game. I didn't see his reaction yesterday. I don't think there's any question Elway would prefer a more conventional QB going forward. Of course, that's precisely how Tebow won the game yesterday - by making big plays in the passing game. If he can continue improving as a passer Elway might end up getting what he wants even if it's not dressed up exactly the way he wants.

I'll say this - if the Broncos go on to win the division, I don't know how anyone other than Tebow can open next season as the starter. What he's done already is amazing. If he takes the Broncos to the playoffs, it will be one of the greatest stories we've seen in quite some time.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich