Captain Hook

The NFFC Is At 304 ... And Counting

Post by Captain Hook » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:22 pm

You will be in a full league Russ - some will just be there via phone

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:47 pm

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
You will be in a full league Russ - some will just be there via phone With more room to stretch out
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

FIGHTINGNOLES

Post by FIGHTINGNOLES » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:47 pm

Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
Greg, am I understanding that even though I have signed up early in Orlando, I will still have to be in a phone-in live draft?

Why can't you have all early signups in Orlando in 1 league and then the balance do the league with the phone-drafters?

There were 14 teams that signed up early, right?

Or 12 for the NBC?

I understand the complexities that unbalanced leagues present, but I see a full league of early signups for both Main Events.

It will be very disappointing if this is the case, just as it was last year.

Seems like there should be something in it for people that sign up 6 months before the event. :(

Not sure what the value of this statement is otherwise..."All earlybird signups are guaranteed to be in full leagues, as stated in our rules." Russ - What did you read that made you believe this was so (you being in a "mixed" draft). It was my understanding ALSO that the first 14 or 12 entered would be in LIVE leagues in Orlando with no phoneins, therefore the reward for signing up early....What makes you think this isn't so? Did I miss something in a thread from Greg or Tom?

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:36 pm

Originally posted by FIGHTINGNOLES:
quote:Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
Greg, am I understanding that even though I have signed up early in Orlando, I will still have to be in a phone-in live draft?

Why can't you have all early signups in Orlando in 1 league and then the balance do the league with the phone-drafters?

There were 14 teams that signed up early, right?

Or 12 for the NBC?

I understand the complexities that unbalanced leagues present, but I see a full league of early signups for both Main Events.

It will be very disappointing if this is the case, just as it was last year.

Seems like there should be something in it for people that sign up 6 months before the event. :(

Not sure what the value of this statement is otherwise..."All earlybird signups are guaranteed to be in full leagues, as stated in our rules." Russ - What did you read that made you believe this was so (you being in a "mixed" draft). It was my understanding ALSO that the first 14 or 12 entered would be in LIVE leagues in Orlando with no phoneins, therefore the reward for signing up early....What makes you think this isn't so? Did I miss something in a thread from Greg or Tom?
[/QUOTE]John, it was mentioned in an earlier thread. That is what these wiseguys are referring to about being able to stretch out.

John, ETA that it's also what happened last year in Tampa 1.

[ August 23, 2008, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: UltimateFFCheatsheets ]
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:41 pm

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
You will be in a full league Russ - some will just be there via phone As opposed to those that sign up late who are in, what, partial leagues?
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:06 pm

I just had to post here to put this thread about that stupid FFOC thread I started. :D Carry on all and tomorrow we will form the main event leagues. Draft spots on Monday for sure.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:17 pm

Greg, what time should we login for the beginning of the pulling out of the hat ceremonies?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:49 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Greg, what time should we login for the beginning of the pulling out of the hat ceremonies? I'd say noon CST. Tom and I like to do this at cocktail hour and that's high noon around here on Sunday's. :D Light a candle around noon because some leagues will be determined around that time. Good luck all and with KDS/3RR, most folks should be somewhat happy with their picks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Yoda's S*x Slave

Post by Yoda's S*x Slave » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:12 pm

Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
Not sure what the value of this statement is otherwise..."All earlybird signups are guaranteed to be in full leagues, as stated in our rules." if rule is in place for earlybirds,,why do you question?

place in telephone league out of spite would this slave,,yes,,hmmm keep skirt below knees you must
HE LIKES TO USE THE FORCE

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:50 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Greg, what time should we login for the beginning of the pulling out of the hat ceremonies? I'd say noon CST. Tom and I like to do this at cocktail hour and that's high noon around here on Sunday's. :D Light a candle around noon because some leagues will be determined around that time. Good luck all and with KDS/3RR, most folks should be somewhat happy with their picks. [/QUOTE]I am sooooo over due for a #1 pick this season. I've pulled countless late slots without a #1 - starting to think its a conspiracy. :mad:

I'm counting on Tom's magic hat to even out the odds.