Start/Sit Week 3

CoMoHusker

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by CoMoHusker » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:59 am

Not tough enough to play with a punctured lung and cracked rib? Didn't he just do that while playing a near flawless fourth quarter? He took some shots even after returning to the game. I think he's tough enough to play, the question is do the Cowboys risk a week 3 game where he could be injured even worse and miss for an extended period?

As long as Dez is on the field this week along with Witten, I would take my chances with a banged up Romo over Cutler and the turds he has to throw to. With Chicago's O-line, Cutler is liable to have both lungs punctured before the game even ends

Regardless, I think both have subpar games this week.
Go Big Red!

DOOMSDAY

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by DOOMSDAY » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:12 am

Even as a huge Cowboys fan I'd have to go with Cutler.

The risk of aggravating the injury mid-game or even missing the game all together and being on MNF is way too high.

No way you can risk taking a zero from your QB especially with a potentially high scoring affair in Chicago.

DOOMSDAY

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by DOOMSDAY » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:18 am

As for my decisions this week at RB/FLEX I think I am going to ride Ingram one more week and play BOTH DWILL and JSTEW against a horrible Jaguars team.

This would leave Keller on my bench (starting Gronkowski). I also have Pierre Thomas if I felt like playing him over Ingram and am leaving SJAX on bench no matter what for one more week.

None of my WR are worthy of flex at this point as I will likely start Moore, Henderson, and Fitzy leaving Collie, Benn, and Massaquoi on bench.

So in short, do you think using the whole Carolina backfield is a decent option this week?

Tom Kessenich

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:21 am

It'd be tough for me to sit Romo if he plays although if Bryant's also out his weapons will be seriously depleted. The Packers' defense looks putrid right now. They have major issues in the secondary. I don't trust Cutler at all but I think the Bears will be able to move the ball in the passing game. I would anticipate Cutler finishing with quality yardage on Sunday. He's always a risk to have some turnovers, though.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Diesel

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by Diesel » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:59 am

Originally posted by CoMoHusker:
Not tough enough to play with a punctured lung and cracked rib? Didn't he just do that while playing a near flawless fourth quarter? He took some shots even after returning to the game. I think he's tough enough to play, the question is do the Cowboys risk a week 3 game where he could be injured even worse and miss for an extended period?

As long as Dez is on the field this week along with Witten, I would take my chances with a banged up Romo over Cutler and the turds he has to throw to. With Chicago's O-line, Cutler is liable to have both lungs punctured before the game even ends

Regardless, I think both have subpar games this week. To be clear, Romo played last week with what everyone thought was a bruised rib. A slight fracture at most. He now KNOWS he had a punctured lung. If he knew what his injury was, he wouldn't have played. He's tough, but he's not superhuman. I'm surprised we're even having this conversation, because I would think it takes a little more than 7 days for a punctured lung to heal enough to start at QB on an NFL team...But I'm not a doctor. But I do know that in Romo's head, will be his conscience telling him what could be wrong when he gets hit. Let Romo prove me wrong and I'll never question him again. But he won't. I expect him to be back to normal soon, but not this weekend.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

SS

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by SS » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:23 am

The Bears will not be obsolete. They almost made the Super Bowl last year!
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Sandman62

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:38 pm

I suspect this is just more NFL BS gamesmanship. There's no way they put Romo on the field, given the risk, but they want their opponent to not know.

What a farce the injury reporting system is! :rolleyes:

Diesel

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by Diesel » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:21 am

Sandman, I agree. I've checked into the recovery process from a punctured lung, even if it's a tiny puncture...Recovery time varies, but playing QB in the NFL 7 days after puncturing your lung is ridiculously dangerous. Injury reports are used to each coach's advantage.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

thegambler

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by thegambler » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:11 am

deanglo williams or the law firm?

[ September 23, 2011, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: thegambler ]

Sandman62

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:21 am

This is the week DWilly proves his worth. CAR will get ahead and he and Stewart will pile on rushing yards in the 4th quarter.

Ride him now!