Chris Moneymaker is in Chicago!

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:44 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
Knocking Chris's ability to play Holdum is like knocking Gecco's ability to play in the NFFC ... Neither will win them all ... but talking smack to someone who's "been to the dance ... and got the girl!" ... is pretty funny coming from guys who went home alone or didn't even make it to the dance!

IMHO I don't dance - but that doesn't mean I can't make an observation. Forgive me for intruding in your world of 'known facts' - I have seen him make numberous bad plays in every tournament I have watched since he won it. There will always be a difference between 'luck' and 'skill' - I believe Chris won on a larger percentage of luck than most. That doesn't make him a bad player or a bad person.

I will attempt to no longer have an opinion on this matter ;)

Dyv
[/QUOTE]Dave

Don't get your underware all in a bunch.

I didn't say don't have an opinion ... or don't express it. I just said your opinion was pretty funny (reread my post). In fact ... I am counting on comments like that to entertain me until I get back on my feet :D (been on cruches for 8 weeks now ... volleyball injury ... can't wait to rid myself of these cruches).

Mike
Hakuna Matata!

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:04 am

Mike

You have to measure your response just as I have to measure mine... what I read from your post (even on the reread) was 'shut up, you have no business having an opinion here'

(you know the whole going home from the dance without a girl thing seemed less than lighthearted?)

Sorry about your volleyball injury - I got so tired of people coming under the net that I don't even play any more. My ankles are like jelly I've rolled them so many times ):

D
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:19 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
Knocking Chris's ability to play Holdum is like knocking Gecco's ability to play in the NFFC ... Neither will win them all ... but talking smack to someone who's "been to the dance ... and got the girl!" ... is pretty funny coming from guys who went home alone or didn't even make it to the dance!

IMHO That WSOP win was akin to drafting Antonio Gates in the 11th round last year. That was SOME display of "ability." ;)
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.