magazine leagues

BillyWaz

magazine leagues

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:10 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I'm glad we can transfer the data over quickly and get these leagues set up. I wasn't even sure a week ago if we'd play these out. The content for the magazines was much needed and hopefully we didn't mis-state anything, but guys let's play this out and have some fun. If the $250 and bragging rights isn't worth it, then the bad is on us. But hopefully playing this out and competing against each other for 16 weeks is worth it whether it's $250, $2500 or $25. Let's play these out and have fun. I think it is the fact it has always been $500 for EVERY league that was published and was advertised (at least the early ones) as $500.

Doesn't Fanball have oodles of $$ more than Krause?? I guess I'm not seeing what the logic is in cutting the prize money and not playing out ALL leagues?

It's not a huge deal, but add it to all the other things this offseason, and it is just disappointing. :(

Sandman62

magazine leagues

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:14 am

Exactly Billy. It's just another thing that doesn't pan out as advertised/promised. People sat down for those magazine mocks thinking we were playing for $500. And we delivered a draft and short writeups (at least for the first issue).

Why the bait and switch?

76erfan

magazine leagues

Post by 76erfan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:19 am

It was def $500 for first magazine..after that..it was non committal on playout.

I can see why some folks are disappointed because those early drafts were in the middle of the day and some folks took time off work to be involved thinking they could obtain a $500 credit for winning.

That being said..I will play out of people want..but if there are those that have 8 billion laegues and wont pay attention to this small dollar one...its not really worth it.

boutrous11

magazine leagues

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:28 am

well that sucks. we were told $500 for some of the drafts. the ones that were warned about not being played out, i understand, but for the one i was in (first mag. auction -- w/ writeups) Tom specifically said we would be playing it out for a $500 credit.

renman

magazine leagues

Post by renman » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:36 am

I certainaly did not intend to cause any problems or open any can of worms.

I know I have in the past played in the magazine leagues and we played them out for $500 (credit)to keep the integrity of the drafting high to provide the best content for the magazine and ultimately the readers.

I know I signed up for this years magazine league (and did put some thought into the draft) under the assumption we were playing it out for $500. Secondarily, I prefered to be in the second magazine draft because it was closer to the actual season.

I guess I am just looking for confirmation that the draft I did will count and be played out. If I am reading correctly, I think I am seeing that only the first magazine leagues count?

Did I read that right?

renman

magazine leagues

Post by renman » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:56 am

Gk,

What can I say. I feel like I am way behind all the hard core "gamers" this year. While many here have already done numerous drafts and mocks, I am just getting started.

I just went to my league page and didn't see the magazine league that I drafted a while ago and wanted to know what was up.

As usual, I got instant feedback from our game organizers (which makes me happy) and I look forward to confirmation on what I can expect.

Looking forward to NFFC 2010!

Coltsfan

magazine leagues

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:27 am

Let's see, chance to win $250 on $0 invested, I like that return - I'm in! Let's play them out!

Wayne

moyer1313

magazine leagues

Post by moyer1313 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:34 am

I'm sorry to throw Tom under the bus, but:

===============================================
Tom Kessenich
Administrator
Member # 3

Member Rated:
posted April 20, 2010 08:44 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, we've locked down our dates and times for the magazine draft and auction. They will be:

Auction next Wednesday -- the 28th -- at 1pm CT
Draft next Thursday -- the 29th -- at 2pm CT

Both leagues will be held on couchmanagers.com. Below is the list of participants for both leagues right now. If you're interested in the draft email me at [email protected] and I'll add you to the list. If these dates and times won't work please contact me ASAP so I can remove you from the list.

We also will need writeups discussing your strategy for the draft and auction. I'll have a word count for that soon.

Magazine Draft
1. Rick Hart
2. Wayne Ellis
3. Chad Tabler
4. Mike Sanda
5. Mike Schilpp
6. Jeff Dawson
7. Rich Dunn
8. Mike Costaglio
9. David Byron
10. Ralph Palmieri
11. Jeff Clampitt
12. Bill Strickler
13. David Martino
14. Jon Clift

Magazine Auction
1. Jules McLean
2. Roger LeBoeuf
3. Pete Suni
4. Marc Quitsch
5. Mark Moyer
6. Mike Weber
7. Patrick Welsh
8. Dave Cushard
9. Tytus Parsons
10. John Hogan
11. Andy Saxton
12. Billy Wasosky
13. Rob Benetti
14. Daren Eliason

[ April 25, 2010, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]

--------------------
Tom Kessenich
Managing Editor, Fanball.com
Event Director, National Fantasy Football Championship

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 8348 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2004 | IP: Logged |

76erfan
Member # 4796

Rate Member posted April 20, 2010 08:48 AM
Where did we land or if we are playing these out? Any payouts?
Posts: 77 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2007 | IP: Logged |

Tom Kessenich
Administrator
Member # 3

Member Rated:
posted April 20, 2010 09:02 AM
We'll play the leagues out. We'll give a $500 credit to the winner. That's what we've done in the past.

--------------------
Tom Kessenich
Managing Editor, Fanball.com
Event Director, National Fantasy Football Championship

Posts: 8348 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2004 | IP: Logged |

===============================================

I am fairly certain that I could find a quote from Greg, too.

If this is a matter of Tom and/or Greg just speaking too soon before Fanball OK'd the arrangement that we have always had, then I'll give both of them a pass that they have definitely more than earned and deserve.

But, then shame on Fanball, again, for not backing them up.

I would guess that this group of people have spent in excess of $100,000 in entry fees this year and they are going to quibble over $250 for each league. :(

I'm playing this out, whether it is for $500 or $250 or $0.

I would also like to play out all of the Magazine Leagues that I drafted that I knew would not have a payout.

Bragging rights is more than worth it, but I would hope that Fanball would make this right.

Mark
Follow Me

[ August 09, 2010, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Follow Me ]
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

Tom Kessenich

magazine leagues

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:38 am

I apologize if I spoke too soon. I realize we've done the leagues for a $500 credit in the past and I based my comment off that assumption. I'm sorry if folks are upset with me for now saying it's $250 but that will be the prize if folks want to play the league out.

Again, please accept my apology.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich